I hate to admit it, but Taylor sucks

1 game. Didnt brady throw 4 or 5 pics in the game against us last time we beat him? Both of these guys are long term projects. I just dont think that we should keep quoting an anomaly. If JJ watt consumes TT sunday do we bench him too? No of course not. But dont pretend that TT is way up there and EJ is way down there. In terms of skill. They both do things better than the other and TT deficiencies are just not as critical.

Logic does not work here.

TT is plenty good for a guy who has played 9 games. He his still a work in progress but shows a lot of important good signs. The finality of peoples short term opinions will not sway the team itself (fortunately) from sticking with him, unless he falls off the proverbial cliff during the last 5 games here.

How many complete games would you say he has had from start to finish?

The shine is starting to wear off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylor's biggest issue is that he doesn't see the middle of the field unless he has a ton of time. I noticed it again yesterday, and it's been a trend all season long.

He did, however, do a much better job yesterday of giving Sammy chances to make plays even when doubled.

I wouldn't let any of that stop me from drafting a QB early next April

Good point about avoiding the middle of the field. Have you noticed our 2P conversion failures? All of them go to one side or the other and don't attack the middle (like Roethlisberger--for instance--did yesterday successfully). Teams seem to know this and just gameplan against rollouts and defend the edges. They seem to know he won't attack the middle on such plays.

1 game. Didnt brady throw 4 or 5 pics in the game against us last time we beat him? Both of these guys are long term projects. I just dont think that we should keep quoting an anomaly. If JJ watt consumes TT sunday do we bench him too? No of course not. But dont pretend that TT is way up there and EJ is way down there. In terms of skill. They both do things better than the other and TT deficiencies are just not as critical.

Brady is a HoFer. if he has a bad day, it's clearly not the norm. EJ having a bad day IS the norm.

Logic does not work here.

How many complete games would you say he has had from start to finish?

The shine is starting to wear off.

Not your brand of "logic."

Good point about avoiding the middle of the field. Have you noticed our 2P conversion failures? All of them go to one side or the other and don't attack the middle (like Roethlisberger--for instance--did yesterday successfully). Teams seem to know this and just gameplan against rollouts and defend the edges. They seem to know he won't attack the middle on such plays.

Yes! That's driven me nuts on a few occasions this season. I'm not sure if that's all on Taylor, as I think Roman could soften things up for him a bit if he'd call a few more QB draws (or even fake QB draws with a pass option to a big guy like Mulligan), but I completely agree that his limitations in seeing the interior are hurting in the red zone.

Case-in-point: when we took a holding penalty in the 2nd quarter that brought the ball back to the 21 and out of the red zone, I immediately knew we'd score. With room to hit a pass route on the edge, Taylor is far more comfortable.

Taylor disappears for too long during games. He simply has to be more consistent throughout the game if we are to win games

True. Again, if he can learn to hurt teams up the seams and hit the inward-breaking routes reliably (especially against the blitz), it'll make a world of difference.

Heretic! Burn it!

<_<

Oh stop. Most of us are quite rational when it comes to judging Tyrod's play.

-he cannot break down defenses- OK, sure whatever that means. I think his biggest problem is being too afraid to throw a pick.

-appears to be injury-prone- Agreed

-is undersized- Ehh, whatever

-not as accurate as the elite quarterbacks- You might want to check out his actual numbers

-is the opposite of clutch- He's played 9 games. He's been pretty clutch in a few of them.

I am a Bills fan, but I don't fall in love with players. Tyrod will not cut it. Maybe you can make the playoffs with him if you assemble a perfect team, but do you really see him winning a superbowl?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Taylor disappears for too long during games. He simply has to be more consistent throughout the game if we are to win games

Yesterday especially the second half Taylor needed to make a play with his feet as he did in Tennessee. It appears he's not able to make those dynamic runs. If he was can make 1 or 2 big scrambles a game it would force teams to play a safety closer to the LOS and back the corners off.

Just for some quick perspective, we're talking about a guy who, as we sit here, is 5th in the NFL in passer rating, 6th in completion % and 7th in yards/attempt.

Three questions:

1. Does anyone not think that for a guy who has played nine career games as a starter, that that aint too shabby?

2. If someone told you that our starting QB would be putting up those numbers prior to the season, would you take it?

3. If EJ Manuel was putting up those numbers this season, does anyone really believe that the people on here who are nitpicking his game- who are of course the same people who were making EJ's last stand a few short months ago- would not be citing those statistics and lauding his improvement?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Just for some quick perspective, we're talking about a guy who, as we sit here, is 5th in the NFL in passer rating, 6th in completion % and 7th in yards/attempt.

Three questions:

1. Does anyone not think that for a guy who has played nine career games as a starter, that that aint too shabby?

2. If someone told you that our starting QB would be putting up those numbers prior to the season, would you take it?

3. If EJ Manuel was putting up those numbers this season, does anyone really believe that the people on here who are nitpicking his game- who are of course the same people who were making EJ's last stand a few short months ago- would not be citing those statistics and lauding his improvement?

50 yards in the second half. Season over. Cool stats though. Cue the draft talk.

Guess we needed last weeks defense this week, they take turns sucking.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

My answers Metz -

1. I agree

2. Yes - we are not 5-6 because of Tyrod... in fact with worse QB play we might be 1-10 (a blind dog would have beaten the Dolphins week 3 they had quit)

3. Of course they would. Tyrod is an improvement on Orton let alone on EJ.

Tyrod has proven himself a capable NFL starter, what he is yet to prove is that he is THE guy and as a result we should be looking to draft a Quarterback (ideally letting that guy sit behind TT for a year).

Tyrod's stats as of today:

#5 in QBR (101.8)

#7 in YPA (7,84)

#6 in Comp% (66.0)

Only 4 INTs in 9 starts (7 games with 0 INTs)

I can see why so many people want him gone.

If Tyrod is so great, why does Roman try to limit his number of throws? Why does he struggle the most when forced to throw?

If Tyrod is so great, why does Roman try to limit his number of throws? Why does he struggle the most when forced to throw?

Because the goal is to keep Tyrod from being Tyrod. They KNOW if he's called on to pass 40 times a game, it's a loss. Mistakes will be made. It's why he can't carry the team to wins, like the truly good QBs can. He's a game manager. Another game manager in a long line of Bills game managers.

Because the goal is to keep Tyrod from being Tyrod. They KNOW if he's called on to pass 40 times a game, it's a loss. Mistakes will be made. It's why he can't carry the team to wins, like the truly good QBs can. He's a game manager. Another game manager in a long line of Bills game managers.

We haven't had a long line of game managers. We've had a long line of absolutely dog ****.

I always thought Cassell should have been the starter. I do understand them giving Taylor a shot, lots of talent but turning out to be too inconsistent. He can't see the middle of the field when he is always looking which way his escape route is. He would be great in a west coast offense with deception plays rolling out and either flipping to Shady, running himself or throwing screens. We need a pocket passer like Alex Smith who sees the field and steps up throwing to his recievers. That also means accepting a certain a few more INT's.

If the Bills want to keep these players and go for it still next year they should trade Mario or Hughes and a 1st pick for Rivers. No sense messing around, San Diego is rebuilding but has to spend a certain amount on players do to CBA. No sense Rivers wasting his career in San Diego. Bills can win now despite Ryan if they have a franchise QB. If it doesn't work gut the team in 2 years and fire Ryan with 2 years left on contract.

I always thought Cassell should have been the starter. I do understand them giving Taylor a shot, lots of talent but turning out to be too inconsistent. He can't see the middle of the field when he is always looking which way his escape route is. He would be great in a west coast offense with deception plays rolling out and either flipping to Shady, running himself or throwing screens. We need a pocket passer like Alex Smith who sees the field and steps up throwing to his recievers. That also means accepting a certain a few more INT's.

Have you watched Cassel this year?