Skins to sign K. Cousins 17mill yr. how much is TT worth

17 Josh Allen

I just saw this one of the football news wires. Kurt Cousins is due to become a free agent and

his coach Gruden wants him signed. one Nfl

source says Cousins could fetch as much as 17 to 20 million per year and a new multi year contract because of the lack of good starters in the NFL and how long it takes for a NFL Rookie QB to develope. So if that is the case then what is Tyrod Taylor worth. Because I feel Tyrod is a much better QB. Wow

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Cousins, he has proven to be a top 20 qb on the planet. The type of guy that no one wants to settle on and everyone wants to try out the next mid first round pick instead. But the fact of the matter is, it takes two years before you know what you have in the mid first round draft pick and more often than not, they're not gonna be as good as Kirk Cousins. All that being said, this thread is bound to turn into an argument over how good Taylor is. Personally, I think he has a lot more to prove before anyone is throwing that much money at him. But his career is on a trajectory where he could be in that position a year from now.

TT, given his age, at the end of the season, if he maintains and leads the Bills into the PS should garner a 4-5 year deal for 30-35m total. And EJ would be gone. . .

I doubt that. I'd say between 13-17 mills per year, but that won't be til after next season......and if he stays healthy

Kirk's response , do you like that !!

Bob #3 says noooo

A month ago, Cousins was coming off a 14-point loss to the Jets, his second straight game with double the amount of interceptions as touchdowns.
Three weeks later, he's Kirk Cousins, baby.
You like that?
Edited by ALF

I doubt that. I'd say between 13-17 mills per year, but that won't be til after next season......and if he stays healthy

I think that this is closer. Someone the other day was saying that they would never sign Tyrod to a Fitz deal (19th highest paid QB). $15M or so is going to be the starting point.

Good for Cousins, he has proven to be a top 20 qb on the planet. The type of guy that no one wants to settle on and everyone wants to try out the next mid first round pick instead. But the fact of the matter is, it takes two years before you know what you have in the mid first round draft pick and more often than not, they're not gonna be as good as Kirk Cousins. All that being said, this thread is bound to turn into an argument over how good Taylor is. Personally, I think he has a lot more to prove before anyone is throwing that much money at him. But his career is on a trajectory where he could be in that position a year from now.

Do you really think he is a top 20 qb? I have him as the last starter in the NFL that a team isn't in a position that they will definitely have to replace this offseason.... which puts beneath him as of this current time:

- Manziel

- Hoyer

- Gabbert

- Foles / Keenum

There is then a question mark in Denver and there is the two rookie starters and TT who nobody knows enough to be sure where to place them yet given in each case we have so few starts to look at. That in my mind puts him a best of 24th with every chance that the three unknowns are better than him.

If the Redskins sign Cousins to $17m a year they are bonkers. EDIT: Although it depends to an extent how much they guarantee. If it was similar to the Kaep deal with the 49ers where they basically guarantee him the first year and then can cut him with no more than a couple of mill dead money after that then I suppose I'd think that was a decent enough deal.

Edited by GunnerBill

Just let the season play out - no matter what he is paid he will be "over paid". With the exception of only a few QBs most are way over paid - it's the nature of the business. Just ask Dolphin fans how they feel about the Ryan T deal.

Yea Tannehill got too much money. He got $19.25m a year. The fact is QBs are overpaid after one reasonable season. Cousins could reach Tannehill standard but I don't really rate Tannehill so that doesn't say much. That is why the Kaepernick deal was a clever one. It paid him franchise QB money but never really tied the team to him for more than 1 year at a time. More teams should do that in my opinion when they have guys who are still no more than maybes.

That is why the Kaepernick deal was a clever one. It paid him franchise QB money but never really tied the team to him for more than 1 year at a time. More teams should do that in my opinion when they have guys who are still no more than maybes.

That was a great deal, yes. Do you think Cutler would have taken it? Or Wilson? Or Eli Manning?

As I said in a post below, teams will be crippled wrt the salary cap by these contracts and there isn't much that can be done about it. And I agree with metz above. Can the Skins let Cousins walk and perhaps wind up with an EJ or Geno Smith?

Cousins is gonna get paid because he picked apart the Saints? I mean he has shown potential but has also had some lousy games.

Cousins, actually, especially at home the last month or so has been playing great. Not sure if is worth that kind of money but he is definately a top 15 qb right now.

I think that this is closer. Someone the other day was saying that they would never sign Tyrod to a Fitz deal (19th highest paid QB). $15M or so is going to be the starting point.

Yup - the real negotiation with a starting qb is guarantees and structure. Even the bad ones get a stupid salary if they are the unquestioned starter

I actually looked at his stats. While decent (2,200 yards, 14 tds, 9 ints) they don't deserve that kind of money. Some team will give it to him though if he hits free agency & that team will regret it for the next five years most likely. I think Tannehill & Dalton are similar situations. Good decent QB's but guys that got paid more than they were worth just from the simple point of how pitiful the QB is around the league these days.

I actually looked at his stats. While decent (2,200 yards, 14 tds, 9 ints) they don't deserve that kind of money. Some team will give it to him though if he hits free agency & that team will regret it for the next five years most likely. I think Tannehill & Dalton are similar situations. Good decent QB's but guys that got paid more than they were worth just from the simple point of how pitiful the QB is around the league these days.

I forgot about Dalton! I wonder what his record would be if he was not playing on perhaps the most talented team in the league. That said, he is probably worth whatever he is paid these days.

Edit: The Bengals did well with Dalton's contract.....

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/andy-dalton/

Edited by Bill from NYC