Skins to sign K. Cousins 17mill yr. how much is TT worth

17 Josh Allen

Why are you putting Brady and Rodgers in the same post when discussing Tyrod Taylor?

QB's that have excelled with key players missing.

Brady is always playing with "starters" out due to injury and yes Rodgers has struggled of late w/o Nelson, but they still have an excellent record.

Did you not refer to a QB playing w/o a starter or two? I indicated two proven Franchise QB's that find a way to win w/o key players.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay so I have today spent a long train journey watching the Redskins game from last night and going back and watching the Tampa game that I promised was still on my to do list in order to evaluate Cousins.

Here is what I still see -

- a below average NFL arm

- inaccuracy in anything beyond 8-10 yards passes (most likely because he is putting everything into the throw due to the below average arm causing too many parts of his body to move in the throwing motion - it is VERY Fitzpatrick esque).

- a good command of the offense - he knows what the plays are and is trying to execute what he has given

- nice touch and accuracy on shallow crossers

- better mobility than he is credited for

- mixed results under pressure - last night was back to some very poor decision making

- a lack of "big boy" NFL throws

I am sorry - I am convinced that I am not watching someone who is currently a top 20 NFL QB. I am also pretty certain I am watching someone who will never be a top 20 NFL QB and I think that Washington will be making a huge mistake if they commit anything like $17m a year to this guy. I do think they are going to sign him... I hope for their sakes the numbers reported are overinflated or else this will be a boneheaded decision that will prevent them from winning for the duration of his reign as their franchise QB.

He reminds me of Fitzpatrick in so many ways. He will tease you with the odd run of 2 or 3 really solid games here and there... but he does not have the talent to sustain it. He is at best a .500 QB.

The organization knows what it is getting with Cousins or thinks it will be getting from him. They are not deluding themselves. RGIII is gone after this season. They believe that in Cousins they are getting a qb who can stabilize a position that has been for a long time unstable. They will re-sign him with a contract that is worth good starter $$$ and will buy them more time to rebuild the roster.

That is not an unreasonable approach to take. We did the same thing with the Fitz signing. Their GM knows where his team is at and he knows that they are still a long way to go before they will be a challenging team. I'm sure they will front load the contract so that in the future if there are better options in the draft or free agency they will be in a good cap position to seize the opportunity.

Under Nix the Bills who were desperate for a qb and reached for Manuel in the first round. (I'm not criticizing Nix because I understood why he drafted him.) The Skins' organization is well aware that Cousins will never be an elite qb.. Their approach is to make the best of a difficult situation and continue with the rebuilding process. You don't have to agree with it to understand why they are doing what they are doing.

The organization knows what it is getting with Cousins or thinks it will be getting from him. They are not deluding themselves. RGIII is gone after this season. They believe that in Cousins they are getting a qb who can stabilize a position that has been for a long time unstable. They will re-sign him with a contract that is worth good starter $$$ and will buy them more time to rebuild the roster.

That is not an unreasonable approach to take. We did the same thing with the Fitz signing. Their GM knows where his team is at and he knows that they are still a long way to go before they will be a challenging team. I'm sure they will front load the contract so that in the future if there are better options in the draft or free agency they will be in a good cap position to seize the opportunity.

Under Nix the Bills who were desperate for a qb and reached for Manuel in the first round. (I'm not criticizing Nix because I understood why he drafted him.) The Skins' organization is well aware that Cousins will never be an elite qb.. Their approach is to make the best of a difficult situation and continue with the rebuilding process. You don't have to agree with it to understand why they are doing what they are doing.

There's nothing stabilizing about Cousins as a QB. The guy is a model of inconsistency.

All of which is understandable until you apply the $17m a year number. Then it isn't. Fitz will be a FA in January... they could have him for half that.

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw this one of the football news wires. Kurt Cousins is due to become a free agent and

his coach Gruden wants him signed. one Nfl

source says Cousins could fetch as much as 17 to 20 million per year and a new multi year contract because of the lack of good starters in the NFL and how long it takes for a NFL Rookie QB to develope. So if that is the case then what is Tyrod Taylor worth. Because I feel Tyrod is a much better QB. Wow

um nope.

Cousins is clearly a better QB , TT is a better runner though.