Skins to sign K. Cousins 17mill yr. how much is TT worth

17 Josh Allen

You are so friggen sad

Why? Because I am telling people that they may be overrating Tyrod after 7 whole games?

Good sir, look in the mirror.

EVERYONE HAS BAD GAMES!!!! Remember Luck and Rodgers vs. the Bills? Do you agree that Tyrod has played in the top half of the league? I am curious to see which QBs you think have been better than him this year.

He plays in a ball control offense!! He isn't asked to sling it around the field like Matt Ryan. He has a legit shot at setting the single season completion percentage record in the NFL!! When he has been asked to throw the ball he has gotten it to his guys. Please do not pick one stat to support your argument. I said that he has played in the top half of the league and listed the guys that he has had a better year then. Please feel free to dispute the list and which guys on there have played better than him.

I give up..

Good bye

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brad Johnson and Gannon had decent arms and were pretty good quarterbacks. When Cousins is bad, which is often, he is Geno Smith bad. Just godawful. Cousins has some pretty good weapons but he just doesn't have the wherewithal or the arm or the moxie. He gets flustered a lot. He's just a bad QB who shows flashes of being good when guys are wide open.

I'm not going to argue with your scathing evaluation of Cousins. I'll just re-state that I strongly believe that the Skins will sign Cousins to a new contract after this season. Whether it is the right decision or not is another issue. Most often the right approach to take is to make the best of the situation you are in and when you see an opportunity in the future to upgrade your situation you seize on the opportunity. That's what I believe they are going to do.

Why? Because I am telling people that they are overrating Tyrod?

I think it is because you spent 6 months vehemently defending the wrong guy. As soon as it was proven (although many saw it way earlier) that he can't play in this league you shifted your focus to putting down the best QB that the Bills have had in over a decade. It is like you are trying to prove that you weren't wrong about EJ by saying "well Tyrod stinks too."

The fact is, he has played in the top half of the league this year despite not having any previous starting experience. He appears to be the QB of the present and the future for this team. He is by no means perfect but is a guy that we should be excited about.

Why? Because I am telling people that they may be overrating Tyrod after 7 whole games?

I give up..

Good bye

Why don't you support your argument? I listed the guys that I think he has been better than this year. Please feel free to say that _____ has been better and why. There is no reason to take your ball and go home.

I give up..

Good bye

There are no guarantees whether he is going to be a franchise qb or not. All you can go on is what you see now and then project from his performances. I'm very pro TT. But I can not make at this point (no one really can ) an absolute declaration that he is the long term answer. No one knows for sure. That is the point. There are aspects to his game that I see very encouraging. And then there are aspects to his game that makes one pause. Let the season play out and then by its conclusion we all will be in a better position to judge. I'm leaning forward!

I'm not going to argue with your scathing evaluation of Cousins. I'll just re-state that I strongly believe that the Skins will sign Cousins to a new contract after this season. Whether it is the right decision or not is another issue. Most often the right approach to take is to make the best of the situation you are in and when you see an opportunity in the future to upgrade your situation you seize on the opportunity. That's what I believe they are going to do.

I see. Well they have been making terrible decisions as an institution for a decade or more so I believe they may resign Cousins, too. I thought you actually thought that was smart. ;)

There are no guarantees whether he is going to be a franchise qb or not. All you can go on is what you see now and then project from his performances. I'm very pro TT. But I can not make at this point (no one really can ) an absolute declaration that he is the long term answer. No one knows for sure. That is the point. There are aspects to his game that I see very encouraging. And then there are aspects to his game that makes one pause. Let the season play out and then by its conclusion we all will be in a better position to judge. I'm leaning forward!

We are in agreement. I am glad he's done well and has a 5-2 record.

I am not, nor have I ever said Tyrod sucks. Nor have I called for his benching since he was named the starter. People assume that because I point out areas than need improvement.

I also agree that Washington will sign Cousins to an extension. I just don't know if they will overpay for a guy who needs to improve and play well constantly.

Just for fun here is the list of more than16 QBs that Tyrod has been better than this year: Kaepernick/Gabbert, Foles, Bradford, Cassel/Weeden, Manziel/McCown (although McCown has been decent), Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Tannehill, Ryan, Stafford, Bortles, Cousins, Alex Smith, Peyton, Bridgewater, Luck, Mariota, Jameis, Russell Wilson and Hoyer.

You left out EJ. Oh wait, was this a list of professional qbs and not practice squad misfits?

Never mind.

I give up..

Good bye

WHO is overrating Tyrod Taylor.......

Nothing about Tyrod Taylor that has been spoken here is untrue

- Top 5 in like 5 different important QB stats

- 5-2 as a starter (team is winless without him under center)

- Offensive weapons have been injured and have not had a chance to play together

- Even in losses has put up a lot of points

- 1st year starter......continues to progress.....should not be given a new contract yet.......need to see more

What is desputable about that?

You left out EJ. Oh wait, was this a list of professional qbs and not practice squad misfits?

Never mind.

I was trying not to hurt anyone's feelings. Can you imagine what some people here would be saying if EJ played even half as well as Tyrod has played? There are certain posters here that would be measuring him for a gold jacket.

Okay so I have today spent a long train journey watching the Redskins game from last night and going back and watching the Tampa game that I promised was still on my to do list in order to evaluate Cousins.

Here is what I still see -

- a below average NFL arm

- inaccuracy in anything beyond 8-10 yards passes (most likely because he is putting everything into the throw due to the below average arm causing too many parts of his body to move in the throwing motion - it is VERY Fitzpatrick esque).

- a good command of the offense - he knows what the plays are and is trying to execute what he has given

- nice touch and accuracy on shallow crossers

- better mobility than he is credited for

- mixed results under pressure - last night was back to some very poor decision making

- a lack of "big boy" NFL throws

I am sorry - I am convinced that I am not watching someone who is currently a top 20 NFL QB. I am also pretty certain I am watching someone who will never be a top 20 NFL QB and I think that Washington will be making a huge mistake if they commit anything like $17m a year to this guy. I do think they are going to sign him... I hope for their sakes the numbers reported are overinflated or else this will be a boneheaded decision that will prevent them from winning for the duration of his reign as their franchise QB.

He reminds me of Fitzpatrick in so many ways. He will tease you with the odd run of 2 or 3 really solid games here and there... but he does not have the talent to sustain it. He is at best a .500 QB.

WHO is overrating Tyrod Taylor.......

Nothing about Tyrod Taylor that has been spoken here is untrue

- Top 5 in like 5 different important QB stats

- 5-2 as a starter (team is winless without him under center)

- Offensive weapons have been injured and have not had a chance to play together

- 1st year starter......continues to progress.....should not be given a new contract yet.......need to see more

What is desputable about that?

Look John, I don't want to hash this over and over.

You can not single out 2 or 3 stats and say he's great. I listed a few where the #'s can be improved upon.

Former - See Tom Brady, see Rodgers,

Latter - see Giants game and Tenny game 10 and 14 pts. Are you implying that 10 & 14 are a lot of points?

Okay so I have today spent a long train journey watching the Redskins game from last night and going back and watching the Tampa game that I promised was still on my to do list in order to evaluate Cousins.

Here is what I still see -

- a below average NFL arm

- inaccuracy in anything beyond 8-10 yards passes (most likely because he is putting everything into the throw due to the below average arm causing too many parts of his body to move in the throwing motion - it is VERY Fitzpatrick esque).

- a good command of the offense - he knows what the plays are and is trying to execute what he has given

- nice touch and accuracy on shallow crossers

- better mobility than he is credited for

- mixed results under pressure - last night was back to some very poor decision making

- a lack of "big boy" NFL throws

I am sorry - I am convinced that I am not watching someone who is currently a top 20 NFL QB. I am also pretty certain I am watching someone who will never be a top 20 NFL QB and I think that Washington will be making a huge mistake if they commit anything like $17m a year to this guy. I do think they are going to sign him... I hope for their sakes the numbers reported are overinflated or else this will be a boneheaded decision that will prevent them from winning for the duration of his reign as their franchise QB.

He reminds me of Fitzpatrick in so many ways. He will tease you with the odd run of 2 or 3 really solid games here and there... but he does not have the talent to sustain it. He is at best a .500 QB.

Good, fair evaluation IMO. I don't even think he is a .500 QB. That's his ceiling. The NFCE is terrible this year.

Look John, I don't want to hash this over and over.

You can not single out 2 or 3 stats and say he's great. I listed a few where the #'s can be improved upon.

Former - See Tom Brady, see Rodgers,

Latter - see Giants game and Tenny game 10 and 14 pts. Are you implying that 10 & 14 are a lot of points?

Why are you putting Brady and Rodgers in the same post when discussing Tyrod Taylor?

Good, fair evaluation IMO. I don't even think he is a .500 QB. That's his ceiling. The NFCE is terrible this year.

And I have now watched every throw he has made in 7 of the 10 games that Washington have played this season. I do not see what those who think he has the potential to be a franchise guy see.