My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

1) Winning the turnover battle goes a long way towards winning the game even though we tried hard to give it away. We're back in the thick of the wild card race.

2) Karlos Williams should at least be mentioned in the offensive ROTY conversation even if he doesn't win it.

3) Darby's come a long way from what we saw in the pre-season. He made a pro bowl statement. All he needs is a few more picks.

4) I like TT as our QB even though he still has to work on knowing when to throw the ball away sometimes. And he's taking too many hits and unnecessary sacks.

5) Nice to have a Clay sighting, but he should have been eating that defense up down the middle with all the blitzing the Jets were doing

6) Can't lighten up just because you're up 22-3 in the 3rd. That's how teams get back in the game. When you got em down, you stomp em and keep stomping em until it's over!

7) The strength of our defense has shifted from the D-line to the secondary. Rambo made some big plays when we needed them.

8) Shady's back to his old self, but those east-west runs are maddening. He's what we were hoping we had when Spiller was here.

9) Count on Fitz to throw that clutch interception. Some things never change.

10) A better team would got the comeback win over us. Can't fall asleep at the wheel like this next week in New England. We're gonna have to score 30+ points to beat them

GO BILLS!!!!!!

3) Darby's come a long way from what we saw in the pre-season. He made a pro bowl statement. All he needs is a few more picks.

Sticking Marshall on that 3d and short was huge. I just love having a guy who recognizes the situation and comes up to make a play. Great game by Darby.

1) Winning the turnover battle goes a long way towards winning the game even though we tried hard to give it away. We're back in the thick of the wild card race.

2) Karlos Williams should at least be mentioned in the offensive ROTY conversation even if he doesn't win it.

4) I like TT as our QB even though he still has to work on knowing when to throw the ball away sometimes. And he's taking too many hits and unnecessary sacks.

5) Nice to have a Clay sighting, but he should have been eating that defense up down the middle with all the blitzing the Jets were doing

6) Can't lighten up just because you're up 22-3 in the 3rd. That's how teams get back in the game. When you got em down, you stomp em and keep stomping em until it's over!

7) The strength of our defense has shifted from the D-line to the secondary. Rambo made some big plays when we needed them.

8) Shady's back to his old self, but those east-west runs are maddening. He's what we were hoping we had when Spiller was here.

10) A better team would got the comeback win over us. Can't fall asleep at the wheel like this next week in New England. We're gonna have to score 30+ points to beat them

GO BILLS!!!!!!

1. The amount of turnovers they had... it should not have even been close

2. Shady Karlos has gotta be top 5 RB tandem in the league

3. Him with Rambo over the top can negate half the field

4. All we need is a game management QB, which he pretty much is. Don't turn the ball over, let the D do its thing and throw when our RB's need a break, is the formula for success

5. I didn't see much Clay, i need to go back to the film, Jets have top tier LB's in his defense though

6. True... the team still has heart tho

7. Our D line is also pretty injured... If we had Kyle and Mario the whole game it wouldn't have been close

8. His cut backs are lethal, he's truly a beast

9. How many times have we seen that in our colors from him?

10. If we play like this minus the mistakes and the poor clock management in the second half, we beat NE

Lesean McCoy was nothing short of amazing tonight.

The defense looked like we had expected. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

I like Tyrod Taylor, but I still have reservations.

The Redskins !@#$ed up letting Rambo go. Their loss is our gain.

Fitz was awesome tonight. His receivers let him down, but we got lucky. Anyone who thinks otherwise knows hack **** about football.

I don't care what the numbers say, Sammy Watkins was impressive. I know he had the drop, but Revis will probably be walking around in ankle braces this week.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

So true. They made the game a lot harder than it had to be.

I don't care what the numbers say, Sammy Watkins was impressive. I know he had the drop, but Revis will probably be walking around in ankle braces this week.

He should have had a TD on the first play but for Taylor's horrilbe throw.

We were very lucky and I now have a major headache after watching our offense in the 2nd half. The OL got pushed around. Glenn in particular looked pretty bad. Shady was special. I don't know why we didn't look for Clay or other TE down the middle with quick throws to slow down their rush. No much from WRs either into the middle of the field which should have been open. We won ugly on the road missing the three "Bills" on D.

He should have had a TD on the first play but for Taylor's horrilbe throw.

I thought he jumped early....the throw was there...

Lesean McCoy was nothing short of amazing tonight.

The defense looked like we had expected. Let's hope it's a sign of things to come.

I like Tyrod Taylor, but I still have reservations.

The Redskins !@#$ed up letting Rambo go. Their loss is our gain.

Fitz was awesome tonight. His receivers let him down, but we got lucky. Anyone who thinks otherwise knows hack **** about football.

The first INT should have been caught by Marshall, and Marshall dropped another 25-30 yard pass in the fourth. On the final fourth down throw, he made the right throw but the receiver was simply lost. Decker dropped a key 3rd down pass too. That said, he missed a ton of deeper throws over the course of the game.

No doubt. He had Revis beat like a drum.

He could have caught that pass if he hadn't jumped. The throw wasn't perfect, but it wasn't that bad. It was a makeable play by Sammy, who didn't have a great game (he had two other drops, one a very easy catch). In comparison to that deep throw, Fitz's deep throws weren't even close.

Edited by dave mcbride

We were very lucky and I now have a major headache after watching our offense in the 2nd half. The OL got pushed around. Glenn in particular looked pretty bad. Shady was special. I don't know why we didn't look for Clay or other TE down the middle with quick throws to slow down their rush. No much from WRs either into the middle of the field which should have been open. We won ugly on the road missing the three "Bills" on D.

I thought he jumped early....the throw was there...

He jumped early to try to make the catch. TT didn't lead him enough...

Glad you guys actually watched the game. The "a win is a win" guys took over the game thread. I liked what I saw for 2 and a half quarters but we can't slow down once we have a big lead. That's when you step on the gas and punish them. Lots of things we need to look at and improve on.

Sammy straight up owned Revis. Too bad we didn't try to go there a little more. McCoy's speed really wore out the defense eventually. I think more screen plays to him and more power runs for Karlos. I'm glad they got Clay involved, need more of that. Tyrod played smart for the most part but needs to avoid those hits and get rid of the ball when he can. Long weekend off then back to it. Big game next Monday!

I'm not so sure that was on Tyrod. I think if Sammy doesn't slow down and jump, he catches that ball in stride and runs all the way back to Buffalo.

I think Taylor released early due to the rush. Threw the timing off and I think he led him a bit far in anticipating getting hit. Just unfortunate he didn't get a half second more... Would have been 6 for sure.

LONG time lurker. Enjoy this board but not impressed with this win. Should have been a statement/blowout win but instead was the classic play not to lose scenario.

It's called Thursday night football. It's never going to be pretty. Still counts as a W at the end of the season though.

GO BILLS!!!!!!

We aren't in the thick of the wild card race, we ARE the 5th seed right now with a tiebreaker over the Jets(head to head) and Steelers(better conference record)...

Edited by matter2003

I agree with you both but have seen this many, many times. Up 22-3 with a chance to bury the JESTS, the offensive play calling was dubious. The JESTS were ready to roll over. Tyrod rollout? Run the ball down their throats, was there for the taking. Instead gave the JESTS defense confidence and altered the course of the game.

I don't know why we didn't look for Clay or other TE down the middle with quick throws to slow down their rush. No much from WRs either into the middle of the field which should have been open. We won ugly on the road missing the three "Bills" on D.

This in particular interested me. The Jets have actually struggled a bit with Tight Ends - probably for that very reason. But it something I have commented on a lot earlier in the season Roman's scheme does not seem to use the middle of the field much in the passing game. I'm sure someone smarter than me can break down the numbers and one poster showed that he had never really used the middle of the field in San Fran much either but he seems to use it very rarely.

This in particular interested me. The Jets have actually struggled a bit with Tight Ends - probably for that very reason. But it something I have commented on a lot earlier in the season Roman's scheme does not seem to use the middle of the field much in the passing game. I'm sure someone smarter than me can break down the numbers and one poster showed that he had never really used the middle of the field in San Fran much either but he seems to use it very rarely.

I broke that down a while ago. It seems through his career Roman's spread is about 30-40-30 and we have been more used to 23-55-22

GO BILLS!!!!!!

3)I think Darby and Gilmore are playing better than Revis/Cromartie ever did.

5) Definitely agree. It was like they made the adjustment at half to get him the ball and promptly forgot after the first drive. They need to stop using him in protection.

8) At least Shady knows why he's running E/W...to get N/S...something Spiller never learned. Also, the Jets are fast in the line, but slow at LB, so those plays were meant to clog the line inside and pressure the second level with McCoy's speed. It seemed to work well, even though he had some discouraging losses.

9) Before the play, I told my boys, "24 seconds...good...that's enough time for Fitz to throw a pick."