EJ Inactive vs. Jets; Will Remain 2nd QB per Rex

26CornerBlitz

The reality is the writing's on the wall for EJ, and we should move on and find a different back-up QB and developmental prospect for next year. You're not going to make it far with your backup QB in general but EJ single-handedly cost us the London game. It's not happening for him in Buffalo. It's wasting everyone's time to keep pretending it will somehow reverse trajectory.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The day EJ is released everyone wins.

Having him here is just a fault line in the fanbase. People have their sides and want to be right.

He is not going to be the guy here. It's over. The sooner he gets a fresh start the better for him and us.

Speak for yourself. I like both EJ and Taylor, and when they're on the field I want them to be best they can be to help the team win.

The day EJ is released everyone wins.

Having him here is just a fault line in the fanbase. People have their sides and want to be right.

He is not going to be the guy here. It's over. The sooner he gets a fresh start the better for him and us.

EJ is the backup QB. Apparently for some mysterious reason Rex wanted Johnson active as the backup. Maybe EJ had the same illness Mario Williams had and the Bills didn't want the Word out they were suffering a team epidemic and half their players could be "had" by a well-timed punch to the guts? Johnson's 9 days with the Jets in August/September thought to give him the inside skinny vs Bowles? Or maybe it was a Roman "warning shot across the bow" not to repeat his mistakes of the Jax game.

But "everyone wins" because EJ is a fault line in the fan base and is not going to be "our guy"? Have you looked, I mean really looked, at the state of QB'ing around the league, especially back-up QB'ing? The day our coaches release a QB because "people have their sides and want to be right" is not the day our team management wins.

EJ is the backup QB. Apparently for some mysterious reason Rex wanted Johnson active as the backup. Maybe EJ had the same illness Mario Williams had and the Bills didn't want the Word out they were suffering a team epidemic and half their players could be "had" by a well-timed punch to the guts? Johnson's 9 days with the Jets in August/September thought to give him the inside skinny vs Bowles? Or maybe it was a Roman "warning shot across the bow" not to repeat his mistakes of the Jax game.

But "everyone wins" because EJ is a fault line in the fan base and is not going to be "our guy"? Have you looked, I mean really looked, at the state of QB'ing around the league, especially back-up QB'ing? The day our coaches release a QB because "people have their sides and want to be right" is not the day our team management wins.

I think our coaches will release EJ because they'll have no faith in him successfully managing a game by not self-destructing.

EJ is horrible. And since he was a 1st round pick he is going to want to have a shot somewhere else.

It couldn't be any more clear that this coaching staff has no faith in him.

EJ will be out of the league within the next 2 years (maybe in the next 2 months).

I woke up this morning and it occurred to me - I bet EJ is color blind. That would fit perfectly with what happened with the last minute healthy scratch, with Rex going right back to him being the number 2 and explaining it was special circumstances.

Were there any other times in his career when he struggled and that could have been a reason?

Edited by loedward22

Speak for yourself. I like both EJ and Taylor, and when they're on the field I want them to be best they can be to help the team win.

But you do realize that EJ doesn't have the ability to play consistently decent football & it's time to move on?

he needs to be (& I'm confident he will be) released for his own good and the good of the team. There is no way his teammates have confidence in his ability to win games and there's no way EJ has confidence in his own abilities at this point. Both sides will move on IMO.

I'd venture the counterpoint is: even assuming he does accept that -Do you realize that there aren't many guys who do?

read my reply to Hopeful, it should answer your questions. If not, backup QBs are a dime a dozen. Pray that your starter doesn't miss significant time & that if needed your backup can not lose 1 out of every 3 games.

read my reply to Hopeful, it should answer your questions. If not, backup QBs are a dime a dozen. Pray that your starter doesn't miss significant time & that if needed your backup can not lose 1 out of every 3 games.

Then seems fair- I missed that one.

The way I've looked at it is even worst case I think EJ can fill that role, and we are already paying him either way. I don't particularly see a benefit in going out and getting a mediocre to bad guy for 2-3m and eating EJs cash leaving us in the same spot at a higher price.

If tyrod plays well maybe a qb in the 2nd-3rd could be a reasonable option. Otherwise, I'm fine letting EJ be the guy in the short term and not exercising his option. He doesn't come with RG3 style baggage as far as we know (definitely not the initial investment)

Edited by NoSaint

I woke up this morning and it occurred to me - I bet EJ is color blind. That would fit perfectly with what happened with the last minute healthy scratch, with Rex going right back to him being the number 2 and explaining it was special circumstances.

Were there any other times in his career when he struggled and that could have been a reason?

that has to be it!!!!! Makes more sense than anything else sexy Rexy has done

JMO, but it has to be elsewhere. Wish him well, hate that it didn't work out, but it didn't. Don't hate the FO for the pick (hate them for allowing the team to get into such a desperate situation by prior inaction). Hopefully a lesson learned and they take QBs early & often until they get the right developmental guy.