EJ Inactive vs. Jets; Will Remain 2nd QB per Rex

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The writing is on the wall ..... we just don’t know what it says

We should be 6-3. Thanks EJ, and happy trails.

Beyond EJ's 2 games - We should have been 6-1 thanks to TT's crappier games

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

That explanation actually makes sense, as does using a recycled game plan on a short week.

I dunno. I think the opposite - it sounds like coachspeak to me. If you think a QB is clearly better, then you don't place him behind a mid-season street free agent pickup with no resume. Placing him behind Johnson speaks volumes about their confidence in him. Manuel has been playing in this system for months and months, and presumably he can operate a game plan as well as former SF third stringer one year removed from the OC. He's likely done here. The cap hit from cutting him will be negligible this off season, right?

You're not surprised by what, that EJ is still #2?

Because Johnson knew the game plan better on the short week from being with the Niners which they rekindled. Said he probably knew it better than Taylor.

That's a new one for me... But I guess on a short week it's not unbelievable

So is it safe to assume that Roman's game plan for the Jets was almost identical to how he tried to attack Bowles' Defense when Roman was in SF and Bowles was in Arizona?

I think that was the case, yes.

That's a new one for me... But I guess on a short week it's not unbelievable

We will know by what they do in New England.

Rex is a very honest guy. No reason why he'd lie about this.

Yes and no. No reason he would lie about this, and I believe him on this one. He says all kinds of stuff that are not true or what he believes in press conferences though. Usually one can tell when he is blowing smoke and when he's trying to be serious.

I for one will be happy to see EJ go to another team.

Then maybe, maybe, just maybe we can stop reading about how terrible he is. God this is nauseating.

Oh you didnt hear.... according to most posters... he will probably be applying to be a janitor at the local school this off season as his NFL career is over