EJ Inactive vs. Jets; Will Remain 2nd QB per Rex

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you're right Ej is horrible :)

But seriously , do you know much about Qb measurement ? Looking at yards and completion percentage on their own doesn't say much about how well a Qb actually played. That's why people like to look at qb rating as well as yards per attempt.

For the Cincy game, EJ had 6.26 yards per attempt and an 81.7 rating. Any ypa below 7 yards is pretty darn mediocre. Similarly an 81.7 rating is average to below average.

In contrast, Dalton had 7.36 yards per attempt and a 118.6 rating . 7.36 is decent to very good for ypa while 118.6 qb rating is outstanding.

So can you tell me again that Ej outplayed Dalton?

to my understanding from what I read about ESPN's "magic number generator" some factors are not included that skew the numbers.

After my clarification' please do don't twist my words - I said EJ had 13 more passing yards than Dalton, same completion ratio (I will also add) and held the ball with TOP 30-30 and had 1.1 less yards per play difference in passing. My god how could I not see that whole yard as being superior. :doh:

A backup QB played as close to a Franchise QB as one could expect. Lets ignore the positive and criticize him endlessly.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

to my understanding from what I read about ESPN's "magic number generator" some factors are not included that skew the numbers.

After my clarification' please do don't twist my words - I said EJ had 13 more passing yards than Dalton, same completion ratio (I will also add) and held the ball with TOP 30-30 and had 1.1 less yards per play difference in passing. My god how could I not see that whole yard as being superior. :doh:

A backup QB played as close to a Franchise QB as one could expect. Lets ignore the positive and criticize him endlessly.

You emphasize 1.1 ypp less as no biggie yet keep hanging your hat on 13 yards more than Dalton. Really! OMG it really is hopeless talking to EJs crew. What's the point anymore! :wallbash:

I wasn't using ESPN QBR... So not sure what makes you thing that.

Also, a difference in 1.1 ypa especially when one guy is below 7 ypa is huge. It means that one guy wasn't doing a good enough job of moving the chains while the other one was.

You emphasize 1.1 ypp less as no biggie yet keep hanging your hat on 13 yards more than Dalton. Really! OMG it really is hopeless talking to EJs crew. What's the point anymore! :wallbash:

Exactly what is your point in trashing a backup?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Didn't Cassel's wife give birth to their latest child on Oct 18? The week Buffalo shuffled off to London for the week?

Sorry to offend but MC is MEH. 4 straight losses helps prove that

Exactly what is your point in trashing a backup?

Why don't you tell us?

EJ can be a #2 on a team that didn't spend a 1st Round Pick for him to be a franchise QB. There's too much baggage on him here.

It's not about " baggage" . Rather, it's about cost. EJ's 1st round status makes his 5 th year option a pretty heavy lift. Far too much for a backup QB ( around 12 mil I believe). So the choice will be do the Bills retain him for only the 4th year at a reasonable cost, or do they try to trade him in the offseason and find a different backup that they plan on keeping awhile? It's really a $ decision more than anything else.