National TV and Tyrod

Kelly the Dog

It occurred to me that this is Tyrod Taylor's coming out party. National TV. Division game. Mega hype with Rex. Must win game with playoff possibilities. No excuses with Sammy plus Shady and Karlos playing.

He's been waiting for this his whole life.

The NE game was a mini version of it and he didn't fare well early but caught fire late. It wasn't this big a game or stage though.

One of the reasons he has been so good and very well may be a viable starter if not franchise guy has been his poise and his intangibles. Both of those will be on huge display tonight.

I think we may find out a lot about our young QB tonight. Some guys rise to the occasion. Some guys wilt. EJ mostly wilted in his big chance. Tyrod excelled in his first big chance, the opener, and then was average in the over hype game.

He's got a boatload of confidence right now. Some guys want the ball when the game is on the line. This is an enormous opportunity.

If he plays great it's not an assurance. If he falters he's not a total lost cause. But I have a good feeling about him because of his leadership qualities, his poise and his ability to not get rattled under fire or when the pressure is on.

There has never been more pressure on him. I'm fascinated to find out how he reacts in a few hours.

:thumbsup:

I was thinking about TT's big moment tonight as well. If there's one thing everyone has said, it's that he remains remarkably calm and in control no matter the situation. That will certainly be put to the test tonight.

This single game tonight will not make or break Tyrod, but I think he will come out strong and be fine.

He has already shown that he does not wilt under pressure.

You have to remember he is used to being a superstar at every level of his career other than the NFL and being "the man" is nothing new for him.

I agree this is likely to be the first time much of the country gets a good look at him as a Bill.

Great post, Kelly!

I think this kid has a flair for the big moment going back to high school. It may take him a series or two to get untracked, but I don't think the moment will be too big for him in the least. He seems to settle down when he makes a play or two with his legs early.

On a related note, I think Charles Clay announces himself to the nation this evening.

GO BILLS!!!

If Tyrod's performance in the Rose Bowl game (I think it was Rose Bowl) against Stanford is any indication, he handles pressure quite well. I'm thinking he will be solid. As for the other numb skulls on our team (personal fouls, interference, false starts, etc.)....no comment.

It occurred to me that this is Tyrod Taylor's coming out party. National TV. Division game. Mega hype with Rex. Must win game with playoff possibilities. No excuses with Sammy plus Shady and Karlos playing.

He's been waiting for this his whole life.

The NE game was a mini version of it and he didn't fare well early but caught fire late. It wasn't this big a game or stage though.

One of the reasons he has been so good and very well may be a viable starter if not franchise guy has been his poise and his intangibles. Both of those will be on huge display tonight.

I think we may find out a lot about our young QB tonight. Some guys rise to the occasion. Some guys wilt. EJ mostly wilted in his big chance. Tyrod excelled in his first big chance, the opener, and then was average in the over hype game.

He's got a boatload of confidence right now. Some guys want the ball when the game is on the line. This is an enormous opportunity.

If he plays great it's not an assurance. If he falters he's not a total lost cause. But I have a good feeling about him because of his leadership qualities, his poise and his ability to not get rattled under fire or when the pressure is on.

There has never been more pressure on him. I'm fascinated to find out how he reacts in a few hours.

I am very high on the kid but I still think he will need 75 yds. or more on the ground tonight.

Jmo.

The Bills have been the national game in the New England market all year.

The only game I haven't been able to see on the regular network broadcast was the streaming game on Yahoo.

That hasn't happened since I was a kid.

By contrast, here in sw LA, this is the 1st game i'll be able to watch from the comfort of my couch.

Steamin Willie Beaman

or maybe Shane Falco.

I just thought of that with the OP's comment on winners always want the ball. Stupid movie but admit it, it was funny and entertaining as long as we agree it has nothing to do with real football.

or maybe Shane Falco.

I just thought of that with the OP's comment on winners always want the ball. Stupid movie but admit it, it was funny and entertaining as long as we agree it has nothing to do with real football.

In Tyrod we trust. Go T-Mobile!!!!