The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

NO SAFE SPACES FOR ANTI-AMERICANISM: Veterans protest flag removal at Hampshire College.

There’s no reason for outsiders not to take their protests to college campuses. And it makes a nice lesson in free speech, and diversity of ideas, for students:

At least one thousand veterans gathered in Amherst this afternoon to protest the removal of the American flag at Hampshire College. 22news spoke to protesters about why they strongly disagreed with the college’s decision.

Freedom is not free. That’s the lesson that hundreds of veterans, their families and friends and other local residents hoped to teach students at Hampshire College Sunday afternoon.

Jerry Maguire, Veteran said, “They took down my flag, they have a right to that, I’m here to defend their right to do that but I want them to understand how bad that hurts me.” . . .

People came from all over New England to attend this protest. The news of the flag being taken down upset Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno who stood in solidarity with veterans Sunday.

This seems like a salutary teachable moment.

hampshire-veterans-ally-1.jpg

NO SAFE SPACES FOR ANTI-AMERICANISM: Veterans protest flag removal at Hampshire College.

Theres no reason for outsiders not to take their protests to college campuses. And it makes a nice lesson in free speech, and diversity of ideas, for students:

At least one thousand veterans gathered in Amherst this afternoon to protest the removal of the American flag at Hampshire College. 22news spoke to protesters about why they strongly disagreed with the colleges decision.

Freedom is not free. Thats the lesson that hundreds of veterans, their families and friends and other local residents hoped to teach students at Hampshire College Sunday afternoon.

Jerry Maguire, Veteran said, They took down my flag, they have a right to that, Im here to defend their right to do that but I want them to understand how bad that hurts me. . . .

People came from all over New England to attend this protest. The news of the flag being taken down upset Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno who stood in solidarity with veterans Sunday.

would the Klan need anything to march thru a campus? I've been waiting for them to do this. I'd like them to do this. The butthurt and chaos would be hilarious.

If concerned student 1950 can do something on campus why can't Kkk or KFC or PETA?

There’s no reason for outsiders not to take their protests to college campuses. And it makes a nice lesson in free speech, and diversity of ideas, for students:

At least one thousand veterans gathered in Amherst this afternoon to protest the removal of the American flag at Hampshire College. 22news spoke to protesters about why they strongly disagreed with the college’s decision.

Freedom is not free. That’s the lesson that hundreds of veterans, their families and friends and other local residents hoped to teach students at Hampshire College Sunday afternoon.

Jerry Maguire, Veteran said, “They took down my flag, they have a right to that, I’m here to defend their right to do that but I want them to understand how bad that hurts me.” . . .

I was taking a walk around the local school late at night on November 10th. I saw the flag was at half mast. I was all fired up that they would do this due to the election results that came earlier that day. Those MFers. I'm calling the mayor tomorrow!.............Then, I walked another minute and realized it was Veterans Day the next morning!

I do not even understand what is being charged in this article or anything having to do with "cultural appropriation"

This first commenter said what I was thinking:

How ridiculous. If you don't include other cultures, you're called racist. If you do, same thing.

HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE UPDATE: College bans protesters from campus in wake of flag burning.

Left vs Left: UCLA students compare feminism to white supremacy.

University of California, Los Angeles students were treated to a dinner dialogue this month on the topic of “white feminism” and its relation to white supremacy.

The “White Feminism” dinner dialogue was hosted by the campus Intergroup Relations Program, an administrative center that seeks to educate the UCLA community on issues of “social identity, interpersonal, and intergroup relations/conflict, prejudice reduction, and social justice.”

Celia Cody-Carrese, an Intergroup Relations Center intern who helped put on the event, told The Daily Bruin that organizers chose white feminism as their topic because they think feminism has traditional ties with white supremacy, noting that the term “feminism” is most frequently applied to white women, while the concerns of black women are generally treated as a separate, racial issue.

Mitali Gupta, a UCLA Senior who attended the event, told Campus Reform that feminism’s link to white supremacy was indeed discussed during the meeting, adding that she agrees that such a connection exists.

You can’t make this up. Sadly, you don’t have to.

USA TODAY COLUMN: Campus Censorship: Some folks on the right may feel that turnabout is fair play, but that’s dangerous.

PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKES: Virginia schools ban ‘To Kill a Mockingbird,’ ‘Huckleberry Finn’ for racial slurs.

The decision to remove “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn” by Mark Twain and “To Kill A Mockingbird” by Harper Lee came after a parent filed a complaint, WCMH-TV reported. The parent cited excessive racial slurs as the reason for wanting the books banned, Superintendent Warren Holland told the news station.

The parent, whose son is biracial, said that her concerns are “not even just a black and white thing.”

“I keep hearing, ‘This is a classic, This is a classic,’ … I understand this is a literature classic. But at some point, I feel that children will not — or do not — truly get the classic part — the literature part, which I’m not disputing,” she said at a Nov. 15 school board meeting. “This is great literature
. But there (are so many) racial slurs in there and offensive wording that you can’t get past that.”

No, you can’t get past that.

HAMPSHIRE COLLEGE UPDATE: College bans protesters from campus in wake of flag burning.

Left vs Left: UCLA students compare feminism to white supremacy.

You can’t make this up. Sadly, you don’t have to.

University of California, Los Angeles students were treated to a dinner dialogue this month on the topic of “white feminism” and its relation to white supremacy.

The “White Feminism” dinner dialogue was hosted by the campus Intergroup Relations Program, an administrative center that seeks to educate the UCLA community on issues of “social identity, interpersonal, and intergroup relations/conflict, prejudice reduction, and social justice.”

Celia Cody-Carrese, an Intergroup Relations Center intern who helped put on the event, told The Daily Bruin that organizers chose white feminism as their topic because they think feminism has traditional ties with white supremacy, noting that the term “feminism” is most frequently applied to white women, while the concerns of black women are generally treated as a separate, racial issue.

Mitali Gupta, a UCLA Senior who attended the event, told Campus Reform that feminism’s link to white supremacy was indeed discussed during the meeting, adding that she agrees that such a connection exists.

USA TODAY COLUMN: Campus Censorship: Some folks on the right may feel that turnabout is fair play, but that’s dangerous.

Well, I for one am glad to hear that Feminists have been outed as a branch of the AltRight Aryan Nation! The Left "knew" they were out there, they just didn't know who they were. Now we know.