The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

American Bar Association Pledges To Fight “Hate Speech.” Legal Blogger Scott Greenfield is not impressed, and announces the ABA’s self-inflicted demise via its president, Linda Klein:

The ABA hasn’t aged well. It’s been taken over by the fragile, the intellectually weak, the dishonest, who have subverted the organization to their fantasy of social justice at the expense of the Constitution. And now. under the “leadership” of Klein, it has publicly announced that it will fight against the First Amendment to the Constitution, the defense of free speech, and forsaken any claim to defend liberty or support the rule of law.

To the extent anyone thought the American Bar Association could survive, Linda Klein’s announcement of its death, a brutal, painful death, ends any hope. The American Bar Association committed suicide in a disgraceful demonstration of cowardice and intellectual dishonesty. It will not be missed.

At least we know that we're not the only nation dealing with this kind of idiocy:

London Shopkeeper Branded Racist For Selling British-Themed Souvenirs

http://heatst.com/world/london-shopkeeper-branded-racist-for-selling-british-themed-souvenirs/

“Chris, while I applaud you setting up a business in Muswell Hill and employing local people I’m curious as to why you decided to call your shop ‘Really British’ (besides the obvious point that you will sell British made goods)?

Wait...what? "Aside from the obvious reason you're not an ass...what's the real reason you're such an ass?"

One member of staff – who is Spanish – has resigned because she was so upset by the criticism.

Good job, SJWs! Fighting discrimination by unintentionally promoting discrimination.

Edited by DC Tom

The Brits aren't a single race either, and yes, I'm talking about the white Brits. They were invaded by German tribes, the Celts, the Vikings, the French, the Romans, etc., etc., etc. Probably the "purest" Brits remaining are the Welsh.

At least we know that we're not the only nation dealing with this kind of idiocy:

London Shopkeeper Branded Racist For Selling British-Themed Souvenirs

http://heatst.com/world/london-shopkeeper-branded-racist-for-selling-british-themed-souvenirs/

I've been involved in a discussion on Next Door (and neighborhood blog) and have been pretty much directly called a racist (white-spaining :huh:) for being for new businesses coming into our neighborhood. Some of the stores/restaurants are run down and bringing in fresh businesses would be a boon to the area. Excuse me for wanting to spruce up an area that has been neglected for decades.

I've been involved in a discussion on Next Door (and neighborhood blog) and have been pretty much directly called a racist (white-spaining :huh:) for being for new businesses coming into our neighborhood. Some of the stores/restaurants are run down and bringing in fresh businesses would be a boon to the area. Excuse me for wanting to spruce up an area that has been neglected for decades.

I do one of two things if someone uses a term like "mansplaining" or "whitesplaining" when speaking with me - either point out that it's sexist/racist of them to make such a distinction, or I just let the conversation end right there, depending on how stubbornly obtuse they're being.

I do one of two things if someone uses a term like "mansplaining" or "whitesplaining" when speaking with me - either point out that it's sexist/racist of them to make such a distinction, or I just let the conversation end right there, depending on how stubbornly obtuse they're being.

Thanks for dumbsplaining that.

Seeing it's a neighborhood blog and not PPP I played the adult in the room and laughed saying I've never heard of white-splaining and was wondering why people were making it into a race thing. Bottom line time to get our lily white asses out of Oakland. We are so sorry us rich white folk have moved in and doubled the value of your property. God forbid we'd like to see the neighborhood cleaned up. Gentrification has done wonders for many parts of Oakland but is has this ugly reputation. You like living in a shithole? Fine it's yours.

Seeing it's a neighborhood blog and not PPP I played the adult in the room and laughed saying I've never heard of white-splaining and was wondering why people were making it into a race thing. Bottom line time to get our lily white asses out of Oakland. We are so sorry us rich white folk have moved in and doubled the value of your property. God forbid we'd like to see the neighborhood cleaned up. Gentrification has done wonders for many parts of Oakland but is has this ugly reputation. You like living in a shithole? Fine it's yours.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - come check out Austin.

Stop obfuscating with gatorsplaining.

Only if you stop behaving like a recto-american. :lol:

I've said it before and I'll say it again - come check out Austin.

We may just do that. We have our sites on Palm Springs for a couple reasons. We love the desert heat. We know the area real well and we have tons of friends in that area. But I can get my music fix at Stubb's.

We may just do that. We have our sites on Palm Springs for a couple reasons. We love the desert heat. We know the area real well and we have tons of friends in that area. But I can get my music fix at Stubb's.

Despite the growth, there's still a lot of live music here in town. Stubb's is just one of many.

NC.

I lived in Greensboro for eight years - you can do a hell of a lot worse than to live in NC.

Despite the growth, there's still a lot of live music here in town. Stubb's is just one of many.

I lived in Greensboro for eight years - you can do a hell of a lot worse than to live in NC.

Greensboro is one of the most underrated cities in the country. Its a lot like buffalo. Has its fun areas that are overlooked. Within an hour of very fun and exciting things when you want to venture out. Charlotte and Raleigh have a mixture of all you'll ever need, and if not there are the places in between. The state park system is huge in that area with some great mtn trails. The lakes and rivers are beautiful. The ocean is 2 hrs. The mtns are 2 hrs. But, most all you'll ever need is within 20 minutes.

Salisbury, concord, huntersville, lake Norman, tega day, Matthews, and all great Charlotte is similar. Raleigh not so much. That city is a cluster!@#$ of transportation