The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

Diversity ?...........................nah !

Growing university gap: Democratic professors now outnumber Republicans nearly 12 to 1 in top fields.

If the mismatch went the other way, it would be treated as a national crisis and a threat to learning.

The survey is biased since they excluded STEM fields. Of course snowflakes will dominate the useless majors.

The survey is biased since they excluded STEM fields. Of course snowflakes will dominate the useless majors.

Which is another reason that I can't wait to see them released into the workforce and the real world. Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be a spectacle to behold.

Which is another reason that I can't wait to see them released into the workforce and the real world. Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth will be a spectacle to behold.

I'm already seeing it.

The company I work for has adjusted the training program to accommodate Millennials' lack of attention span and work ethic. (longer training, more voluntary days off) Despite their efforts, the retention rate has dropped to 10%. (9 out of 10 quit within a year).

HR is slowly adjusting to the trend by hiring more people for each opening, which is giving veteran employees fits because we're having to incorporate absolute idiots into our teams. Seriously, I think one guy came to work high. Another wanted a bonus for making it to work an entire week. Still, another girl asked how long were they going take taxes out of her paycheck.

I'm already seeing it.

The company I work for has adjusted the training program to accommodate Millennials' lack of attention span and work ethic. (longer training, more voluntary days off) Despite their efforts, the retention rate has dropped to 10%. (9 out of 10 quit within a year).

HR is slowly adjusting to the trend by hiring more people for each opening, which is giving veteran employees fits because we're having to incorporate absolute idiots into our teams. Seriously, I think one guy came to work high. Another wanted a bonus for making it to work an entire week. Still, another girl asked how long were they going take taxes out of her paycheck.

they sure do have a lot of idiots worming the fry station now. Glad you got to work on the burger flipper.

I'm already seeing it.

Is this a callcenter?

No, but i think we have one. Probably in India.

The people I mentioned are not doing minimum wage jobs, so these idiots can't use that as an excuse. We're talking the meat of the generation, not the dregs.

Are they college grads?

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/27632/

Undergraduates in Yale’s English department have started a petition to “decolonize” their introductory curriculum, noting the Major English Poets sequence omits the “contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk.”

The petition “calls for the abolishment of this prerequisite and for the pre-1800/1900 requirements to refocus and include literature relating to gender, race and sexuality.”

“A year spent around a seminar table where the literary contributions of women, people of color, and queer folk are absent actively harms all students, regardless of their identity,” it reads in part.

The petition goes on to state that the Major English Poets sequence is “especially hostile” to minority students and that the sense of “alienation” causes students to leave in the middle of class.

Leave it to these idiots to ask for a "decolonization" of English.

It's English! They invented it!

Colonization would actually be exactly what they are intending to do by removing English influences from English.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/27632/

Leave it to these idiots to ask for a "decolonization" of English.

It's English! They invented it!

Colonization would actually be exactly what they are intending to do by removing English influences from English.

So give the kids a test: name one major female or minority British poet pre-1900.

Anyone who can't answer (and Charlotte Bronte doesn't count, as she was primarily a novelist) gets a F for the class.

Amazing what's happening on TSW with kaep and free speech. The viewpoints and how it is basically being circled back to it being free speech regardless if he is wrong or not.

Literally, someone says the argument about the word slave in the national anthem doesn't make it racist. The reply to that is that it doesn't matter anyway, its free speech.

Free speech doesn't mean you can freely speak and it will matter.

Who needs to dress up?

"I'm Han Solo."

"But you're not wearing a costume."

"I'm self-identifing as Han Solo."

So now I can claim that I'm Napoleon, and people have to accept it?

I'm going to have fun at work tomorrow.