The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

Univ.´s ´Hate Response Team´ Called To Investigate ´Offensive´ Christian Cross

Fox News Original Article

Students at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse called on the ´hate response team´ to investigate two cases in which they were offended by something they saw on campus. The ´hate response team´ received reports of a student offended by flyers depicting a Christian cross, the La Crosse Tribune reported, Brit Hume said On The Record. The student said the image represented "oppression and hate" against the LGBT community, Hume said. Another student filed a complaint about a depiction of ´Harry Potter´ character Neville Longbottom, alleging it represented "white power, man-power, cis-power...

:wallbash:

Univ.´s ´Hate Response Team´ Called To Investigate ´Offensive´ Christian Cross

Fox News Original Article

Students at the University of Wisconsin-La Crosse called on the ´hate response team´ to investigate two cases in which they were offended by something they saw on campus. The ´hate response team´ received reports of a student offended by flyers depicting a Christian cross, the La Crosse Tribune reported, Brit Hume said On The Record. The student said the image represented "oppression and hate" against the LGBT community, Hume said. Another student filed a complaint about a depiction of ´Harry Potter´ character Neville Longbottom, alleging it represented "white power, man-power, cis-power...

:wallbash:

I wish these people were oppressed. Then they'd have less time to do stupid **** like this.

It was either that, or "Nobel Laureate and Proto-Demi-God."

(No, I'm not a Nobel laureate. But I self-identify as one, so...)

Demi-God, eh? Hmmmmm.....I hadn't even considered assuming a pronoun that implied divinity. Or even the diabolical. I may have to alter mine - perhaps something like "His Most Unholy Highness".

Edited by Azalin

Demi-God, eh? Hmmmmm.....I hadn't even considered assuming a pronoun that implied divinity. Or even the diabolical. I may have to alter mine - perhaps something like "His Most Unholy Highness".

I think the "Proto-" really makes the title, as an ever-so-slight backhanded concession to humility.