IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

That's not what I or I believe others are saying. I think it has ZERO to do with the other team and if they get any extra incentive to play harder and to win because of it, they are a losing team and we should roll them. It has no affect on the game, but it makes the guy and the teammates feel good for a few seconds and like the team they play on and the coach they play for, which is important.

It would be WAY different if he was making a statement, and did it sometimes and not others. Then I would be pissed putting IK out there this game if he didn't do it before. But he does it the same every time. It's not to show them up, except, perhaps to say hey you guys screwed up getting rid of these guys because we are happy to have them. What is wrong with that? Football is an emotional game.

Exactly. He does it for the players and its actually a pretty strong gesture. For the players these rematches mean something more and he understands that. I have some issues with Rex, but not on this

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, given this new context provided by Rex, he moves down a notch on the douche factor.

Just water, no vinegar.

GO BILLS!!!

I didn't see anything in the article that would lead me to think that. It's classless and if it's "typical Rex" then that doesn't speak well of him. But I guess we stopped caring about class as long as they win.

thanks, that made me laugh

I don't care for this Rex antic, seems no class

He does it every week. How about maybe he likes to acknowledge to his players that facing a former team means something extra to them and he empowers them by making them captain? Why does it have to be about the guys on the other sideline? It isn't . Rex is simply standing by his own players. This overreaction to something he has done consistently is borne out of being terrified. Just plain scared to death of losing. It's pretty pathetic really. Rex is a confident guy. Get used to it. It's better than heading into every contest with your head down.

This move is so Busch League it makes me sick. What kind of leadership is Rex showing by doing this?

No wonder the team might set an all time record for most penalties in a season. No wonder key players like Sammy Watkins feel like it's OK to get into flame wars on Twitter. No wonder the team lacks discipline and professionalism.

I've been a Rex supporter all along, but he's taking it too far here. This move makes him look petty and small.

Edited by Doug Flutie Band

IK Enemkpali has done nothing to warrant being named a captain, except he used to play for the Jest. By that criteria, we could have Maybin lead the charge. Sheesh.

You're haven't been paying attention to how Rex names captains for each game. Your post is completely devoid of any knowledge of what he does and why he does it that way. BTW, you're not alone in your ignorance with regard to this matter.

an idiotic move by an idiotic coach making the organization look like a bunch of a$$clowns. I expect this move from this blowhole coach.

This is where the Pegula's should step in and say no! This is my team and we don't reward thugs who don't know how to behave.

Mike Greenberg - the biggest Jets homer on earth - was laughing about this and says he wished Bowles would react somehow. His ideas were to 1) send only Geno out for the coin toss, 2) forfeit the coin toss, 3) send a player or famous Jets fan (Larry David, Adam Sandler) out for the coin toss with one of those huge cardboard charity checks for $600 and handing to IK.

He says he will actually pay the 600 for this to happen.

greeny said he actually thinks the Jets fans love him and will not give him the one finger salute.

Edited by YoloinOhio

"Captain"

It's a glorified name given to the player/s who go out for the coin toss. That is all they do. It was the starting OL for the Jax game. In preaseason, it was all 4 QBs and Big Ben had a chuckle about it. Rex has been doing it this the ENTIRE time he's been a head coach. The only reason it's a story this week is because Rex is facing his former team and IK punched Geno in the face. In week 17 Rex will do the same thing again. It means nothing. I'm not sure why as a fan of either team, especially the Jest who know Rex does this, you would get upset.

The real team captains have a "C" on their jersey.

@MMehtaNYDN: Column: Save the moral outrage. Naming IK Enemkpali was a great move by Rex Ryan. #nyj

https://t.co/mUEl4ksIt9

No, hes not condoning the players fist-a-cuffs. Anybody who believes that Ryan supports locker room brawls is either incredibly naïve or just plain stupid.

Nobody has more fun in a league that takes itself far too seriously than Rex. The holier-than-thou crowd needs to exhale and relax.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The game is going to come down to which QB is better. That is all. The rest is a media creation. Anyone who watched Rex's press conference where the IK question was asked realizes that he purposely did no talking. All he did was talk about how good the Jets are. Despite any number of attempts to bait him into it. The only people doing any talking at the moment are the Jets players.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't think it is a joke or an insult. It's just a coin flip.

If that's all it is then why bother bringing negative attention to your franchise? He made something insignificant into a story. The focus should be on football, not on the 3 ring circus. But hey, apologists gotta come up with some juicy rationalizations to defend the franchise no matter what.

And if Rex sends out former players of teams what was he doing in the Jax game when he sent out the starting OL? Did I miss something and the entire OL used to play for Jax? Yeah, I'm sure it was just coincidence that the Bills former HC only managed to get an OL coaching gig and it wasn't a dig at him at all.

As for the post about "moral outrage" I see none of that here. I see fans who are embarrassed of their HC because he's acts like an immature tool on occasion.

If that's all it is then why bother bringing negative attention to your franchise? He made something insignificant into a story. The focus should be on football, not on the 3 ring circus. But hey, apologists gotta come up with some juicy rationalizations to defend the franchise no matter what.

And if Rex sends out former players of teams what was he doing in the Jax game when he sent out the starting OL? Did I miss something and the entire OL used to play for Jax? Yeah, I'm sure it was just coincidence that the Bills former HC only managed to get an OL coaching gig and it wasn't a dig at him at all.

As for the post about "moral outrage" I see none of that here. I see fans who are embarrassed of their HC because he's acts like an immature tool on occasion.

watch the press conference before getting on a soapbox. He didn't bring attention himself. He was asked about it and he answered he would send him out there because he's a former jet and that's what he always does. He hadn't even thought about it yet. We don't have any former Jags so he sent the OL in that game. To be so worried about the optics is your choice.

Winner.

I also enjoy the conflation between "outrage" and "that's kinda stupid."