IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

Jocks live for this stuff. It may not make sense to you and I. but the Jets are going to eat this up. Why even give them the thought of it.

My fear is Rex is going to do this, also get the team over PO'd and hyped and we see the Bills of old with the dumb ass PF penalties.

What if the Jets get too revved up and commit dumb PFs?

Are you going to credit Rex's trolling?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only the media and some fans will get revved up about what is essentially a non-issue.

I remember when Rex designated Aaron Maybin as a captain against the Bills. BFD!

No. You see the difference between a Jets lead team and a Bills lead team is discipline. and you can tell on the stat sheet.

Bills lead the league in penalties, the Jets are at the bottom.

All this does is give a story line, why even do it to begin with. And before you tell me "Rex has done this every other game" how many of those other guys broke that starting QB's jaw days before the season started.

Only the media and some fans will get revved up about what is essentially a non-issue.

I remember when Rex designated Aaron Maybin as a captain against the Bills. BFD!

here is what I find funny

Many people here:

Sammy needs to focus on football and help winning games. Stay out of the media headlines.

now say

Rex, what a fella, who cares if he is creating story lines.

Remember when we all hated Rex for doing this kind of sh** as the Jets coach. Well that hasn't changed just because he is the bills coach, for me at least.

All this gimmicky crap is just corny. Like c'mon Rex, you do this ALL THE TIME and usually ends up blowing up in your face. IK is terrible anyways you aren't making any kind of statement, just focus on coaching and chill with all the classless gestures. He tries waayyy too hard to seem cool, this isn't high school.

No. You see the difference between a Jets lead team and a Bills lead team is discipline. and you can tell on the stat sheet.

All this does is give a story line, why even do it to begin with. And before you tell me "Rex has done this every other game" how many of those other guys broke that starting QB's jaw days before the season started.

Jets were 20th in Penalties last year under Rex

Buffalo was 5th.

When is it time to put the blame on the players?

here is what I find funny

Many people here:

Sammy needs to focus on football and help winning games. Stay out of the media headlines.

now say

Rex, what a fella, who cares if he is creating story lines.

Remember when we all hated Rex for doing this kind of sh** as the Jets coach. Well that hasn't changed just because he is the bills coach, for me at least.

We get it. You don't like Rex. That's the bottom line here. Rant on!

Fan those flames Joe B!

@JoeBuscaglia

Rex Ryan says that IK Enemkpali will be a captain against the Jets, months removed from breaking Geno Smith's jaw: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/rex-ryan-makes-enemkpali-captain-for-jets-game

Rex as a football coach, I love.

Rex as a loud mouth who most of the time cant back it up, I hate.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

Rex is what 2-20 after a win now in the last few years.....

What does any of this have to do with naming players captains against their former teams?

Fan those flames Joe B!

@JoeBuscaglia

Rex Ryan says that IK Enemkpali will be a captain against the Jets, months removed from breaking Geno Smith's jaw: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/rex-ryan-makes-enemkpali-captain-for-jets-game

Whether you like it or not it is going to become a story line. The media is going to eat this up and play this from every angle. This is why you just don't do this stuff.

Edited by CountDorkula

Do what? What he does every week? :lol:

Fan those flames Joe B!

@JoeBuscaglia

What does any of this have to do with naming players captains against their former teams?

Again, how many of those broke their starting QB's jaw in a fight days before the season? This is not the same as Charles Clay signing a FA tender with buffalo.

Rex as a football coach, I love.

Rex as a loud mouth who most of the time cant back it up, I hate.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

Rex is what 2-20 after a win now in the last few years.....

Hate to break it to you but he's a much better loud mouth than football coach.

Every action an individual takes has meaning. Whether one wants to acknowledge it or try to interpret it is another matter. Rex represents this franchise. All his actions reflect on the franchise in one way or another. This decision reflects poorly on the team. There is no reason for it other than to be a smug SOB who thinks it's funny. That smacks of immaturity. If that's how fans want their franchise to be represented then so be it.

And I'm not an "anti-Rex" guy. I was all for his hiring and I think he did a good job for most of his tenure with the Jets. I had hoped - wrongly apparently- that he would fix some his shortcomings the second time around.

How do you come to that conclusion when every game he has had the former players on that team be the captains? It's nothing to do with IK personally or what he did.