IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

it's so Jr High-ish

And unfortunately predictable—just coach please, you have a Defense that needs fixed, give it some attention before its too late.

And it is very embarrassing, i wonder when, or if. any of the veteran team leaders will step up and say "enough is enough"

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whose jaw did Milligan break?

I maintain it's a little different this week because IK broke Geno's jaw. You think that makes no difference?

IK got blocked by the TE. The TE still broke out but TannyHill was already being sacked by Jerry. This is one of the plays I was talking about where he was a total non factor. Seems you see it differently. Cool.

So Rex should deviate from what he routinely does just to isolate IK because of what happened with another team? Nope! He's a Buffalo Bill Period Point Blank!

@MMehtaNYDN: Bowles said he has not decided who his captains will be on Thursday

http://deadspin.com/report-i-k-enemkpali-got-catfished-by-a-guy-under-a-bl-1726811697

and it proves he's just as dumb off the field as he is on it—have you ever watched him play, not even sure why he's still on the team—was it for "such a moment as this"?

Anyone bothered by this in the least should go watch today's press conference with Rex. It's very telling. First of all, it's very obvious that he had never thought about IK being captain for this game until they asked him about it. a reporter asked him if IK would be captain, he didn't really know what was being asked, and then thought about it and said yes because he realized for the first time that this was his old team. Then he says that Mulligan will be one and that he does this every time no matter who. Then it gets funny, and he forgets they are playing the Jets and says, "Anyone who went to Maryland is going to be out there as a captain."

He thought briefly that they were playing the Ravens because he had just spoke about the Ravens. The reporters had no idea what he was talking about and asked him later and he just started laughing, saying I don't even know who we're playing. He thought since the game was going to be in Maryland, which it's not of course, than anyone who went to Maryland would be a captain. He really couldn't figure out why they were asking him about it. Then joked that he's just going to make Carpenter the captain from now on. It's such a non issue.

The point is that it's no statement whatsoever. He had never previously even thought of it. It's only about our guys.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

IK got blocked by the TE. The TE still broke out but TannyHill was already being sacked by Jerry. This is one of the plays I was talking about where he was a total non factor.

That is not even remotely close to what happened on that play

The Bills should be the first team to send every player out for the coin toss.

We flip coins together or not at all.

Now let's go flip a fu(k1ing coin!

How so?

It's bush league, that's all. Doesn't sit well with me. I'm gonna trot out a totally insignificant ex-Jet, the one who broke the starting QBs jaw, just because. Rex likes to ruffle feathers just for the sake of ruffling feathers. No, it doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things and certainly won't have any impact on the game. It's just not a classy thing to do. It's douchey, ergo, a Massengill moment.

GO BILLS!!!

@usatoday_nfl

.@nyjets players say choice to make Enemkpali captain is 'Typical Rex' (via @LorenzoGReyes): http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/jets/2015/11/09/rex-ryan-ik-enemkpali-geno-smith-buffalo-bills-new-york/75490800/

This is a custom of Ryan, who likes to anoint players with ties to that week’s opponent as captains in order to provide an extra motivational boost. In Sunday's victory over the Miami Dolphins, Ryan trotted out guard Richie Incognito, tight end Charles Clay and kicker Dan Carpenter to handle the pre-game coin toss against their former team.

“Yeah, I’ll get ripped or whatever,” Ryan said Monday about his decision to name Enemkpali a captain before noting that it’s one of his traditions. “Will (former Jet tight end Matthew) Mulligan be out there? Yup, he will be out there because you put them out there to recognize their teammates and all that, their former teammates.”

“If there is a kid that is on our roster from (New Jersey), it is pretty safe to say he will be a captain, also,” Ryan added. “If there is a guy who went to high school in (New Jersey) there is a pretty good chance he will be there. So that is how I do the captains. If IK went out there by himself maybe that would be a different statement. But that is not what we do.”

Well, given this new context provided by Rex, he moves down a notch on the douche factor.

Just water, no vinegar.

GO BILLS!!!

It's bush league, that's all. Doesn't sit well with me. I'm gonna trot out a totally insignificant ex-Jet, the one who broke the starting QBs jaw, just because. Rex likes to ruffle feathers just for the sake of ruffling feathers. No, it doesn't mean anything in the scheme of things and certainly won't have any impact on the game. It's just not a classy thing to do. It's douchey, ergo, a Massengill moment.

GO BILLS!!!

If you were a player on the Bills, even a marginal player, and you got released from the Chiefs, would you like if your coach let you be a captain in the game you played the Chiefs who gave up on you?

If you were a player on the Bills, even a marginal player, and you got released from the Chiefs, would you like if your coach let you be a captain in the game you played the Chiefs who gave up on you?

If I broke the starting QB's jaw and that led to being released? Hmm. Maybe if the game was at home, not sure I'd appreciate facing the music at Arrowhead. Then again, Jest fans might cheer him for knocking Smith out of the lineup.

That said, I saw the link above and appreciate Rex's added context.

GO BILLS!!!

I have to say this is a fairly obvious point that reveals Rex hated Geno as a player and possibly as a teammate as well.

Completely unfounded conjecture.

Just plain dumb thing to do. Asking for trouble. Really dumb.

Unsubstantiated nonsense.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz