IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

or he had planned it all along (likely IMO). It wasn't hard to figure out ferchrissakes we were talking about it weeks ago.

I think if you watch close you can see that he doesn't know what the reporter is asking. It's obvious. If he had thought about it, and that was an act, he has a fabulous post football career as a dramatic actor.

How exactly is this not disrespectful? The IK is named captain strictly because he btoke a guy's jaw.

Entirely wrong.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But outrage! We must have outrage!

@SalSports: On IK being captain, Rex says it's what he's done every game - making anyone who played for opponent a captain - so treating it no different

The outrage of course is that some are going to twist Rex's motivation into something about tweaking the Jets over the punch to Geno.

Some fans are informed enough to know Rex lets players be captains against their former teams all the time. Others, less informed, will think Rex is being a classless buffoon - and this reflects badly on the whole organization.

I don't think it's right to exclude IK from the honor when Rex has a tradition in place. Then again, I don't like the negative publicity.

who are the ex-Jags on the Bills?

There aren't any. But by definition, that means he wasn't making them captains because it was their old team.

I don't understand how someone sits here and says this isn't Rex messing around with the other team. Is it malicious? No. Can I see how some would think it's funny? Yes. Do I think it's about some "small honor of the player?" Absolutely not. He's messing with coaches of opposing teams, save the elaborate explanations.

I'm very curious as to why people think it's ridiculous. I'm serious. I don't think it is but I don't think you're wrong, it's just your opinion and that's cool. I'd just like to know if you or anyone can articulate why it is so ridiculous. It clearly has no affect on the game whatsoever. The coin toss is 100% ceremonial by design as is the Rex captain designation. There is nothing a captain can do in a game another player can't.

The players on the team like it. IT IS NO STATEMENT or slap in the face to the other team at all, except perhaps if you want to say "you guys blew it by getting rid of me." A lot of times the players at halftime know the opponents captains because they played with them and enjoy it and rib each other in a friendly way. I really see no downside or ridiculousness whatsoever.

Again, Rex had never thought of making IK the captain. When the reporter asked him about it, because he always does it, Rex realized IK would be the captain for the first time and then said yes, we always do that. IK was asked about it and he didn't know.

I never really put that much thought into it. I think I was used to NFL teams having the same captains each week, which I believe is the norm. Agreed that it is ceremonial, and certainly Rex doesn't treat it anywhere near as seriously as the C on a hockey team. Clearly this is just Rex being Rex, and for me, the jury is still out on whether or not that's a good thing.

Geno Smith should bring 600 one dollar bills to the coin toss and make it rain.

lol :D

They're going to flip the coin, Geno is going to grab it and put it in his pocket even though IK calls it, IK will then take care of that...

There aren't any. But by definition, that means he wasn't making them captains because it was their old team.

I don't understand how someone sits here and says this isn't Rex messing around with the other team. Is it malicious? No. Can I see how some would think it's funny? Yes. Do I think it's about some "small honor of the player?" Absolutely not. He's messing with coaches of opposing teams, save the elaborate explanations.

because there weren't any former Jags to roll out for the coin flip vs Jax, by definition that means that he doesn't do that anytime there are former members of the opponent to put out there on other weeks?

because there weren't any former Jags to roll out for the coin flip vs Jax, by definition that means that he doesn't do that anytime there are former members of the opponent to put out there on other weeks?

No, he doesn't do it "every week."

It's a troll job. Time to accept it folks.

No, he doesn't do it "every week."

It's a troll job. Time to accept it folks.

he does do it every week. When he has the players to do it. If he doesn't have them, he doesn't do it. Because he can't.

Something sure is a troll job, I agree. But it's not this :lol:

Edited by YoloinOhio