IK Enemkpali to be team captain vs. Jets

Wazzu Bill

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didnt mention an effect on the game at all. I dont know if it effects the outcome or not (and neither do you.) All I said is it reflects poorly on the team. perhaps that doesnt matter to most, but I'd like my team to conduct itself with some class.

I do find it odd that you end with "football is an emotional game" yet state that these types of things have "no effect on the game."

Because players often play for the team and the franchise and the fans and the coaches. Some will tune out a coach and some will run through a wall for them. I think of Rex way different than most people do. I don't really take him seriously when he talks the way people do, or does these kinds of things. I don't think it means much of anything. Again, it would be way different if he did this with IK just to mess with the Jets. I would hate Rex for it.

He wasn't our coach. Who cares what some buffoon on some other crappy team is doing?

Weird comment.

Not really. It would just show even more that he is not doing it to spit in the face of the other team, or showing bad on his own team and city, which is how people are taking it, he is doing it for the small honor of his own player.

Not really. It would just show even more that he is not doing it to spit in the face of the other team, or showing bad on his own team and city, which is how people are taking it, he is doing it for the small honor of his own player.

Is that why he laughs about it in press conferences like it's a hilarious joke? To give his player some small honor?

Is that why he laughs about it in press conferences like it's a hilarious joke? To give his player some small honor?

He laughs about 100 different things during his press conferences. I have seen every single one. To take him seriously or at his word in press conferences shows more about the person than Rex.

It is funny, though. Even though it's something he does every week, it's even more funny this week.

At least, he has a sense of humor and can laugh about stuff.

Recent Buffalo coaches have been depressing. It's a tough place to coach.

He laughs about 100 different things during his press conferences. I have seen every single one. To take him seriously or at his word in press conferences shows more about the person than Rex.

So when you agree with Rex, it's because you know when he's being serious? And when you disagree with him, he's just joking around?

What kind of honor does this give IK? You think he likes the additional attention that his assault will garner this week? Before it was a back story, now its front and center. Its a distraction that brings unwanted attention. As much as people are saying, "its the same every week" its not the same this week.

So when you agree with Rex, it's because you know when he's being serious? And when you disagree with him, he's just joking around?

No, I rarely ever believe what he says. Sometimes it's pretty easy to know when he is being serious, and then I will give it some credence but admit I don't know what he is thinking for sure even if he said something serious. He's part conman, part motivator, part clown, part general, part snake oil salesman, part comedian.

What kind of honor does this give IK? You think he likes the additional attention that his assault will garner this week? Before it was a back story, now its front and center. Its a distraction that brings unwanted attention. As much as people are saying, "its the same every week" its not the same this week.

the cat fishing story was better. He should bring that one up to distract from the jawbreak.

Do you think he even asked IK?

What a jerk.

the cat fishing story was better. He should bring that one up to distract from the jawbreak.

Cat fishing story? Refresh my memory...

I think if IK didn't like it he would have zero problem with saying that to Rex who would have zero problem with not putting him out there.

To come around on this, I am amazed how many people are offended by it, and for that reason I think now perhaps he shouldn't do it. Not that I think it's a bad idea, I blame it on the fans for being offended, the same way I blamed it on the fans for being so offended by what Sammy said. The outrage, to me, is what is so annoying, not what he did.

Just my opinion.