Browns willing to trade LB Barkevious Mingo

Uffalo Ills

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

Unfortunately all my friends are Browns fans and I go to a Browns backers bar to watch all the games. None of these guys are worth mentioning. There's not a person on their roster that I'd rather have over what we already have.

Yea he's good for a couple games a season...

i didn't say I would take any over guys we already have. I said I would take them on our roster for a 7th rd pick. I didn't think that trading players along with the 7th round pick was part of the deal. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly you've never seen the Browns play. There's not a single player on their current roster that I would trade for. Not even a 7th rounder.

Dont they have a really good left tackle... i hear the center is decent too

EJ for Mingo?

That could do it Edited by Agent 91

Nope, nope, nope, nope, nope, and nope.

Unfortunately all my friends are Browns fans and I go to a Browns backers bar to watch all the games. None of these guys are worth mentioning. There's not a person on their roster that I'd rather have over what we already have.

First it was you wouldn't trade a 7th for anyone on their roster now it's you wouldn't take anyone on their roster over someone on the Bills...which is it bc that's two different things?

First it was you wouldn't trade a 7th for anyone on their roster now it's you wouldn't take anyone on their roster over someone on the Bills...which is it bc that's two different things?

yes he did change his scenario - but come to think of it even with the new one - I would easily trade John Miller for Bitonio or Duke Williams for Gipson or goodwin for Benjamin or Gragg for Barnidge

https://twitter.com/MaryKayCabot/status/660847684421607424

I think another LB with decent talent would be good for this team. We seem so thin at the position, especially for a 3-4 defense (i mean, for god's sake, we're dropping Mario back into coverage).

for EJ sounds fair

joel Bitonio, Tashaun Gipson, Gary Barnidge, Danny Shelton, Nate orchard and yes Brian Hartline who is >>> Hogan. I would welcome with open arms. Even Mitchell Schwartz.

um, don't like Joe Thomas ?

for EJ sounds fair

dont like his age or contract. If we are just trading 7th rd picks for Browns players I couldn't do it for him because of his contract as we would need to pay both him and Glenn.. If we are trading players too, I would rather have (and pay) Glenn at this point due to his age. Edited by YoloinOhio

Mingo had one of Football Outsiders' highest SACKSEER projection the year he came out:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2013/sackseer-2013

While their model isn't always right, I find it interesting (it also predicted bad things for Dion Jordan). Jerry Hughes dominated the SACKSEER projection the year he came out, and I was very intrigued when the Colts seemed to give up on him... we know how that turned out.

I'd definitely take a flyer on Mingo. Then again, Paul DePodesta probably reads Football Outsiders, and/or runs similar sabremetric models of his own...

Edited by Coach Tuesday

That is like trading a kick in the nuts for a 3rd degree burn.

I think you're being to harsh on Mingo. No reason he can't be another Jerry Hughes. Cleveland is where talent goes to die. I'd deal a low-round pick for him and let him learn from Jerry what it takes to turn your career around and become a sack artist.

I think you're being to harsh on Mingo. No reason he can't be another Jerry Hughes. Cleveland is where talent goes to die. I'd deal a low-round pick for him and let him learn from Jerry what it takes to turn your career around and become a sack artist.

Not really, I saw a ton of him at LSU. The big difference is that Jerry Hughes was a great college player. Mingo was the exact same in college as he is now. He never produced but always was a physical freak. Here were my thoughts on him prior to the draft:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/157540-who-will-be-this-years-draft-sliders-and-busts/?fromsearch=1

for EJ sounds fair

Not that we could ever acquire Thomas or afford to but FWIW PFF just awarded him as best offensive lineman of the year (take a gander at who has number three runner up our bad boy reclamation project):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/14/pro-pffs-award-for-best-offensive-lineman-joe-thomas-no-1/

He's worth a 7th rd pick. In 2017.

Patriots will get him and he will turn into a pro bowler like always

Not that we could ever acquire Thomas or afford to but FWIW PFF just awarded him as best offensive lineman of the year (take a gander at who has number three runner up our bad boy reclamation project):

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/14/pro-pffs-award-for-best-offensive-lineman-joe-thomas-no-1/

Joe Thomas got fitted for a dress by Jerry Hughes when we played them here in 2014. The one play pretty much summed it up. Thomas held and tackled Hughes who still managed to tackle the RB in the backfield, strip the ball and then recover it himself and run it in for a TD. Thomas was taking holding penalties all day long and was getting simply manhandled by Hughes.

I think Thomas would never come here because he would get embarrassed everyday in practice by Hughes

Edited by matter2003