Patriots; Greatest franchise ever

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one more vote for integrity, but I recognize it's not black and white. It's a world of decisions somewhere in the gray where it's not always easy choices, and I want my team to own the "gray territory", without stepping into "Patriotland".

If you think the Patriots are the only team that cheat, then the NFL has fooled you.

I wouldn't

that pretty much sums up the USA and much of the world today. Take as much for yourself and screw the rest. And people ywonder why society is circling the drain.. Pretty much answers itself with quotes like this

IMO winning without integrity is shameful and not even worth the pursuit. The fact that some would would so easily and willingly sacrifice integrity just to win a stupid game just makes me very ill.

Actually the instinct of self preservation is likely what made human existence even sustainable, which later led to the possibility of a society. So to argue as if this is some new thing that is causing deterioration to the fabric of society doesn't wash.

Competitors want to win. The most competitive people want to win by any means, whether people like it or not, those are the ones that usually win.

I wouldn't

that pretty much sums up the USA and much of the world today. Take as much for yourself and screw the rest. And people ywonder why society is circling the drain.. Pretty much answers itself with quotes like this

IMO winning without integrity is shameful and not even worth the pursuit. The fact that some would would so easily and willingly sacrifice integrity just to win a stupid game just makes me very ill.

We are talking about the NFL. We spend our Sundays watching guys smash their brains in. Read League of Denial. Lets not get all high and mighty here.

A number of olympic athletes have had medals taken away due to performance enhancements even though they "still had to go out and perform".

USC got a national championship taken away to due to "improper gifts" given to Reggie Bush even though they "still had to go out and perform".

Patriots though get away with cheating because only in their case will the "still had to go out and perform" rule negate their cheating.

I believe that honor belongs to the Steelers. Remarkable stability in the ownership, and the coaching staff. They've had, what, four coaches in the last 50 years? Amazing how not blowing the whole thing up every 3 years can lead to success.

Robert Kraft is a dolt who tripped and fell into every success he's ever had. Belichick is so crooked he needs servants to help him screw his pants on every morning.

I personally hate the pats and everything they stand for, the winning at any cost. I have read belchecks book and he is a real football head. If they are so great just give them the super bowl trophy right now, cancel the rest of the season. The bills play a perfect game they can beat them.

How is it this offensive line of nobodies gets almost no holding penalties when passing the ball 50 times a a game? Do the pass rushers just run out of steam or does the oline do a better job of hiding the holding?

Our defense needs to be able to see where they are going with the ball and get their hands up, create some turnovers. I understand the pats are stealing alot of what the college spread offenses are doing. There has to be a way to stop it, the bills put up 32 on that defense the last time.

Man I hate the pats and their idiot fans!

Kraft married into the gillete company then leveraged out the father in law to take over for himself.

Kraft married into the gillete company then leveraged out the father in law to take over for himself.

This is just patently false...dude went to Colombia on a schlorship, got an MBA from Harvrad...yep real dolt!

He bought his father in laws company( a paper company btw) with a leveraged buyout...not exactly gifted to him. He grew it into Kraft Group...and made several brilliant moves to get the Pats.

Hate all you want, but at least get facts straight

Edited by plenzmd1

I personally hate the pats and everything they stand for, the winning at any cost. I have read belchecks book and he is a real football head. If they are so great just give them the super bowl trophy right now, cancel the rest of the season. The bills play a perfect game they can beat them.

How is it this offensive line of nobodies gets almost no holding penalties when passing the ball 50 times a a game? Do the pass rushers just run out of steam or does the oline do a better job of hiding the holding?

Our defense needs to be able to see where they are going with the ball and get their hands up, create some turnovers. I understand the pats are stealing alot of what the college spread offenses are doing. There has to be a way to stop it, the bills put up 32 on that defense the last time.

Man I hate the pats and their idiot fans!

Easy answer for you and you have to look no further than the Bills game for it. Brady's AVERAGE time between snap and throw was less than 2 seconds. Defenses not wanting to get beat deep are often playing 5-10 yard cushions. For whatever reason, other teams think that more guys in coverage is going to mean a better chance of beating lady Brady. It's stupid. To beat him, you have to physically hit him. That doesn't mean sending 3 on most downs (which Buffalo did).

I wouldn't

See the first page, I already had this argument with him.

Let me ask you this:

Do you see any asterisks in the actual record book?

You're ok with cheating to win because everyone does it anyway. That's a poor excuse.

There's something to this quote "Be the change that you want to see in the world" ~ Ghandi

If enough people become virtuous and do not cheat, the whole thing can turn around. I think we're seeing that today with the information age revolution. Don't be on the wrong side. The Patriots are cheaters, they will always have an asterick next to their name and they will always be talked down upon by myself and others because they cheated and are tainted. I will never be ok with cheating.

Could I veer off just a bit here. Who on the team over the last 15 years makes the Hall of Fame? I honestly can't think of many. Belicheck and Brady are no brainers. Gronk if he maintains his performance a couple more years and then who? Funny part may be that 2 kickers make it. Vianteri and Gostkowski(who may never miss again).

If you believe they cheat, then you didnt' have to wonder how Gostkowski made his 52 yard FG, that started off about 10 yards wide right and the remote controlled football moved back to go right down the middle of the uprights. Amazing.

Edited by klos63

Common knowledge, plus having colleagues I trust who have interacted significantly with him directly.

Common knowledge to who? Just post a link of Kraft doing shady business stuff. Lets see it. COME ON. The only stuff I see on the internet is deflategate

Edited by PortlandiaEast