Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe he would type that jibberish so poorly spelled and awful grammer. There is one thing about being lazy but that's not it. He needs to shut his young dumb ass up and play.

What a poor choice he made.

This is just my opinion but fans really need to stop getting on these players for their spelling and grammar. If you spend any time on social media you would know that the vast majority of all tweets and Instagram posts and other stuff like that the OP cares nothing about spelling and grammar and punctuation. Even the smartest people around. A lot of people don't use punctuation on Twitter precisely because it's on Twitter and you only get a finite number of characters. I'm a writer by trade and it drives me nuts if I have one typo in a 120 page document, but when I use Twitter or even here I never check spelling and often never use correct grammar and never double check what I type. It's the way the world works. Certain things, including anything professional, grammar and spelling is an absolute imperative. Twitter and Instagram and texts and the like it's entirely acceptable to ignore those things to most people using them.

This is just my opinion but fans really need to stop getting on these players for their spelling and grammar. If you spend any time on social media you would know that the vast majority of all tweets and Instagram posts and other stuff like that the OP cares nothing about spelling and grammar and punctuation. Even the smartest people around. A lot of people don't use punctuation on Twitter precisely because it's on Twitter and you only get a finite number of characters. I'm a writer by trade and it drives me nuts if I have one typo in a 120 page document, but when I use Twitter or even here I never check spelling and often never use correct grammar and never double check what I type. It's the way the world works. Certain things, including anything professional, grammar and spelling is an absolute imperative. Twitter and Instagram and texts and the like it's entirely acceptable to ignore those things to most people using them.

I am well versed in the character limits of each platform. His post goes way beyond punctuation omitted for for space concerns. Just because my neighbor pisses in his front yard, that does not mean I am going to do it.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

I am well versed in the character limits of each platform. His post goes way beyond punctuation omitted for for space concerns. Just because my neighbor pisses in his front yard, that does not mean I am going to do it.

The point is only that total lack of punctuation and grammar on Twitter or Instragram or texts, etc, is a norm (especially for anyone under 30-40) not an aberration and has zero to do with English skills or intelligence.

@JaySkurski

Sammy Watkins has responded on Instagram to reaction about his since-deleted post from yesterday https://instagram.com/p/9Y5dk1o2zM/?taken-by=sammywatkins

Look at some of those comments on their even after the apology

Just stay off Twitter Sammy.......the fans should just be "white noise" to you

Sign autograghs for the fans and have someone write your stuff......get healthy soon!

Given the grammer and speling on this bored, nobody hear should be calling out Sammy on his English. Expecially the guys who talk about dominate defenses, loosing games, and Tavares Jackson.

This debate is a slippery slope and I agree with everything you said in general terms. Grammar nazis should stay away from social media. But...

He confused the word "once" for "wants"

I'm not sure we're really talking about the same thing here. This was no character saving device. This was an error I would not expect from a 3rd grader.

Edited by fridge

While I get his anger towards those that say negative things about his injuries, he has to be the bigger man and take the high road on this stuff.

Coming out and telling people to "y'all go work at your little jobs" is immature, arrogant, and not necessary. Sammy is blessed with emense talent and has an opportunity that many dream of having. When you make the money you make and talk about how he needs to be the focal point of the offense then he needs to be resilient to criticism that comes his way.

I'm sure Sammy is as frustrated with this injuries as the fans are, and that may have played a little into the Tweet. It also doesn't help that Sammy was hurt on a play in which he wasn't even touched. But as an athlete and public figure you always have to take the high road. I've seen many athletes, mostly the great ones, take the high road to criticism. That's what makes them great.

The fans are your customers. They work very hard and earn alot less than Sammy does. They have a right to air their grievances with the product the Bills are putting on the field, or whether they feel a player is "injury prone" or not. To lash out to those who share that opinion is unprofessional and immature.

I hope Sammy gets healthy and can finally show why we gave up a first rounder for him. Until then, a little modesty and humility couldn't hurt.

Just ask Tom Brady.

Sammy just joined Richie, Karlos, and Darby on my short leash list. STFU and play good football. Don't be a dick. Don't treat your teammates like ****. Stay out of jail. Then, and maybe then, you might earn my respect enough to cheer for you. Until then, you get nothing.

{Face Palm} :doh:

Edited by CountDorkula

Look at some of those comments on their even after the apology

Just awful - the Internet really has brought out the !@#$ in people (guess it's that ability to comment anonymously, with no repercussions). Not that Sammy should have said peep in the first place, but the hate spewed at guys like him, or EJ (and others too) is inexcusable.

I'm really kinda glad none of it existed when I was a kid...

While I get his anger towards those that say negative things about his injuries, he has to be the bigger man and take the high road on this stuff.

Coming out and telling people to "y'all go work at your little jobs" is immature, arrogant, and not necessary. Sammy is blessed with emense talent and has an opportunity that many dream of having. When you make the money you make and talk about how he needs to be the focal point of the offense then he needs to be resilient to criticism that comes his way.

I'm sure Sammy is as frustrated with this injuries as the fans are, and that may have played a little into the Tweet. It also doesn't help that Sammy was hurt on a play in which he wasn't even touched. But as an athlete and public figure you always have to take the high road. I've seen many athletes, mostly the great ones, take the high road to criticism. That's what makes them great.

The fans are your customers. They work very hard and earn alot less than Sammy does. They have a right to air their grievances with the product the Bills are putting on the field, or whether they feel a player is "injury prone" or not. To lash out to those who share that opinion is unprofessional and immature.

I hope Sammy gets healthy and can finally show why we gave up a first rounder for him. Until then, a little modesty and humility couldn't hurt.

Just ask Tom Brady.

If I am Watkins agent I am "Everything you say on twitter goes to me for approval from here on out"

This debate is a slippery slope and I agree with everything you said in general terms. Grammar nazis should stay away from social media. But...

He confused the word "once" for "wants"

I'm not sure we're really talking about the same thing here. This was no character saving device. This was an error I would not expect from a 3rd grader.

Sometimes the autocorrect makes crazy corrections and if you don't double check you look crazy. Not saying that happened this time, or that Sammy is a Rhodes Scholar. I have heard him speak about 100 times though and he's not a dumb guy. At all. And my post was more of a general statement to not use any tweet or Instagram post or text or the like as a litmus test for English skills.

Much ado about nothing, or at least it should be. Athletes and entertainers make huge sums of money in jobs that while they may be physically and/or mentally taxing, really contribute little to society. One of the costs of making that much money in that type of profession is that you face criticisms that maybe unfair. Well, deal with it and don't whine like a baby. People with crappy jobs have to endure constant worry about whether they will be able to afford decent schools for their kids, health insurance, retirement, food, etc. That doesn't justify being dicks about other people, including highly paid athletes, but all in all the highly paid athlete should be thankful that his or her biggest problem is dickish fans and that they are blessed to be living in a culture that values meaningless sports and entertainment over the more essential things in life like teaching our children, treating everyone who deserves it with respect, and helping others. As has been pointed out here, if you are going to participate in Social Media you have to understand there is a downside to it, and don't whine if it isn't all hugs and kisses. If that means sacrificing being on Twitter and Facebook so be it. The slugs working those low level jobs have to make far more sacrifices in theirs lives than Sammy Watkins will by turning off his Twitter account.

People hiding behind a keyboard and spewing hate towards athletes is cowardly and disgusting. Some of the comments on there are repulsive and would earn the posters an a$$ kicking if said that in public.

Horrible.

What specifically has been said here that you feel would warrant starting a fight over in public? As far as I can tell, you're the only one here threatening to fight people from behind your keyboard.