Sammy Watkins...

Codyny13

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet that the majority of "fans" harassing pro players on social media because they're injured are far less intelligent than the people they're harassing.

Sammy has been a disappointment for the Bills thus far in his short career because he's been hurt. I'm sure he's the most disappointed and frustrated one of all -- he just also happens to be very wealthy, which irritates a bunch of idiots sitting at their computer screens or typing on their phones and tablets.

I think if I was a pro athlete these days I'd stay away from social media, or I'd have an account that was run by an assistant and have no direct interaction with it.

This isn't just any normal 22 year old American we are talking about, this is SAMMY "THE MAN" WATKINS GLEN.

He should be wise beyond his years. Like Buddha wise. :worthy:

Imo

If he comes back more Buddha like next year, to we let Glen go and plug him in at LT?

This is just my opinion but fans really need to stop getting on these players for their spelling and grammar. If you spend any time on social media you would know that the vast majority of all tweets and Instagram posts and other stuff like that the OP cares nothing about spelling and grammar and punctuation. Even the smartest people around. A lot of people don't use punctuation on Twitter precisely because it's on Twitter and you only get a finite number of characters. I'm a writer by trade and it drives me nuts if I have one typo in a 120 page document, but when I use Twitter or even here I never check spelling and often never use correct grammar and never double check what I type. It's the way the world works. Certain things, including anything professional, grammar and spelling is an absolute imperative. Twitter and Instagram and texts and the like it's entirely acceptable to ignore those things to most people using them.

this is just how it is.

no discipline required. anyone can push buttons and be heard.

I find it hilarious that all the armchair English majors have come out (on a message board, no less) and taken aback with his writing/grammar skills.

Also, because I'm stupid and will go to my grave thinking otherwise...please persuade me why the swapped pick counts as a second 1st rounder that we gave up in the trade. Why isn't it cancelled out by Cleveland's pick?

he said he's sorry that's fine by me... As I said I don't blame him for being frustrated with things.

Something about a person apologizing defuses any resentment I might have felt.

this is what being civilized is about. you happen to fall in that category.

best of luck btw /

Fans railing on him for something out of his control pushes him away from us. Our QB situation doesn't help either. So yes, it makes it easier for him to say CYA in 2018

Not if the dollars are there it doesn't. The QB situation will play a huge part in the decision, us...not even an afterthought.

And as we all know, no 22 year old in America has every said something ill advised :D

btw is there time limit on ill advised somethings?

because i did get the notice apparently. But forgot to read it. geez. just found it in my to do list from 83.

really who cares? you can take sides, but why?

but get back out there on that sprained ankle and lay out for those balls being thrown into the dirt by EJ, ya bum! What kind of immature 22 year old takes their daughter to Disney on their bye week? He should be in Vegas! Hasn't even been suspended for drugs like his Clemson teammate Martavis yet. #bust #immature

You guys are all nuts. It was Instagram. ;)

It has nothing to do with the platform it has to do with the substance. Sorry if you can't understand that. If I was Sammy I would of chose a much difference stance like -I know alot of your are frustrated and I am too. I am doing my very best getting back and contributing to our teams success. Thats what being a professional is all about. Instead he takes a jab at us blue collar folk - ones who have supported and spent loads of money through it all. Athletes like him make it easier on me to not renew my seasons next year.

Not if the dollars are there it doesn't. The QB situation will play a huge part in the decision, us...not even an afterthought.

I think criticism of his stats without a decent QB amplifies it though. I am sure he is well aware of that already though, so I see your point. I just don't see how fans railing on him for this stuff helps any.

It has nothing to do with the platform it has to do with the substance. Sorry if you can't understand that. If I was Sammy I would of chose a much difference stance like -I know alot of your are frustrated and I am too. I am doing my very best getting back and contributing to our teams success. Thats what being a professional is all about. Instead he takes a jab at us blue collar folk - ones who have supported and spent loads of money through it all. Athletes like him make it easier on me to not renew my seasons next year.

For the last time he didn't take a jab at you. Perhaps if you read his INSTAGRAM post and not Twitter post you would understand that. But probably not.

Not only that but he said in his apology the exact thing you just asked him to.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

I think criticism of his stats without a decent QB amplifies it though. I am sure he is well aware of that already though, so I see your point. I just don't see how fans railing on him for this stuff helps any.

It does't help, but, he would be hearing the same from any fan base (IMO). We don't have the market cornered on frustrated ignorant fans. ;)

It's like the weekly "the refs hate us" discussions here. Newsflash...NFL refs suck & if you don't have a reputation they suck worse.

and I suspect that outside of this forum, you are aligned with thevast majority of people. if nothing else, this was an incredibly stupid business decision. don't see him ever selling soup or mac and cheese on commercials, do you?

In addition to Pepsi, he also sells Adidas.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall