[closed]Start EJ against Miami

I shudder to think of the kind of reception EJ would receive coming out of the tunnel as the starter vs Miami and based on his response to adversity yesterday, I question his mental toughness to deal with it. He was flat out afraid to phuck up yesterday after he lost that fumble, the two nice TD passes notwithstanding. Can't play scared, especially at QB.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I shudder to think of the kind of reception EJ would receive coming out of the tunnel as the starter vs Miami and based on his response to adversity yesterday, I question his mental toughness to deal with it. He was flat out afraid to phuck up yesterday after he lost that fumble, the two nice TD passes notwithstanding. Can't play scared, especially at QB.

GO BILLS!!!

Last year we were told this was Marrone's fault.

One locker room comment a couple weeks ago led me to temporarily conceded that it was.

It wasn't.

Jeff Tuel doesn't even come close to EJ. Tuel wasn't even good in college. Not saying EJ is the answer, but who knows when given some time.

This has got to be a joke. Just look at his avatar!

Hear me out. Yeah, he sucked the past few games. But he learned from his mistakes and had an awesome second half. He'll be back in the United States with two weeks to prepare. He's athletic, and has more experience than Tyrod. Plus, he should have Sammy and Karlos back with him, and that should definitely help.At this point, since the season is basically over why not make sure there's nothing left in EJ?

Because a lot of people's high paying jobs depend on winning games. Pretty sure those people are now sure there is no reason to see any more.

I've heard this same discussion here in Charlotte about Cam Newton. Inaccurate with his passes. Will never be elite. Will never become a pocket passer. He has had the same OC for three years( was his QB coach for two before that). Has had the same offense and has not had to worry about being yanked when he has sucked.

Remember Kelly throwing 4 first half pics against the Steeler in 91. Remember that pic he threw against Cincinnati in the AFC championship in 88.

You want perfect and you can't get it. Luck... The Jesus of QBs has looked like puke, throwing pics like a machine but people love him and say he needs time to grow. Oakland is doing it right by letting a young QB learn and take his lumps. Miami also.

I don't love EJ but he didn't singlehandedly loose the game yesterday and the QB position in general is not the biggest problem on this team.

Please stop, don't for a second compare Cam Newton to EJ. Coming out of college Cam Newton was light years ahead of EJ coming out of college. You see Newton is a QB that is a great athlete. EJ is not a QB who happens to be a decent athlete. & yes EJ pretty much singlehandilly cost us the game yesterday. If I was Whaley I would of cut him the moment the plane touched down at the Buffalo International Airport. He sucks & he will always suck. He will be out of the league in 2 years.

I would have wanted to cut him immediately yesterday if it weren't for how he responded after that disasterous 3 minutes stretch, he looked and was snakebitten and no one would have been surprised if he had simply hand the ball off the rest of the game or be replaced by josh johnson. I am as big of an EJ fan out there, but i was ready to take his passport and let him stay over there. While he is not our answer, the way he responded was pretty impressive. that Jax drive in the 3rd quarter, while resulting in no points was killer for our comeback chances, as did a couple unfortunate plays/calls. We need our starters in there, Tyrod needs to start after the bye.

Meh. How many times do we see teams go up BIG like the Jags did yesterday, and then the opposing team is able to come back. Pretty often. There were countless games just this weekend where teams were up big and the final score was closer than it should've been. Football is all about intensity and focus. The Jags got a little high on themselves when it was 27-3 and who can blame them? It was a clobbering of epic proportions at that point.

Don't let that failed "comeback" fool you - EJ is a horrible QB. /End.

Hear me out. Yeah, he sucked the past few games. But he learned from his mistakes and had an awesome second half. He'll be back in the United States with two weeks to prepare. He's athletic, and has more experience than Tyrod. Plus, he should have Sammy and Karlos back with him, and that should definitely help.At this point, since the season is basically over why not make sure there's nothing left in EJ?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Not falling for the bait.

Jeff Tuel doesn't even come close to EJ. Tuel wasn't even good in college. Not saying EJ is the answer, but who knows when given some time.

I would rather have Tuel behind center than EJ. & no I don't think Tuel is good at all.

You missed the point of my post. I merely mentioned Jeff Tuel's worst moment as a standard of comparison for what we saw EJ do yesterday.

But love is blind, as they say.

I'd like to see him with a more complete arsenal of talent at his disposal. He's played well against Miami in the past and with two weeks to prepare, I'm pretty confident he'll fare better than Taylor would.

Exactly! A complete arsenal trained to dive and catch bounce passes and EJ dominates the Fins!!!!

Edited by ricojes

i don't know why I am buying into him so much, yesterday made me take a step back, but i am still in his corner, not the extent of him playing over Tyrod, but still a fan of his and hope he proves everyone wrong(that chance is fading fast).

Meh. How many times do we see teams go up BIG like the Jags did yesterday, and then the opposing team is able to come back. Pretty often. There were countless games just this weekend where teams were up big and the final score was closer than it should've been. Football is all about intensity and focus. The Jags got a little high on themselves when it was 27-3 and who can blame them? It was a clobbering of epic proportions at that point.

Don't let that failed "comeback" fool you - EJ is a horrible QB. /End.

This is like battered wife syndrome..... He only hits me when he drinks........

Look at the swing pass to McCoy that he missed by 5 yards, look at the deep ball to Gragg that was completed when Gragg basically had to stop and fair catch it, look at the low throws to the flats.... look a the panic in the pocket, the lack of awareness at open receivers in the end zone...... how, how can anyone be a serious proponent to giving this guy more time, more looks?\

The mistakes that Manuel is making out there isn't the lack of experience, its a lack of feel for the game, its a lack of accuracy, and its a lack of ability to play at this level.

This is correct. If you still think the fundamental flaws of EJ Manuels basic ability to play football can be fixed (and in two weeks???) I'm sorry, but you dont have the slightest clue what you're talking about. You are a casual fan of the game who obviously hasn't played or coached it at a high level. You should consider listening to those who have and stop pushing this ridiculous agenda because you like the guy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is getting absurd. Maybe some people just like watching the Bills lose? Maybe EJ reminds some people of themselves or their kids or something who are not very good at sports but they try really hard so they have this unyielding faith that someday they'll make it?

Im actually really fascinated by this state of denial that so many are in with this particular player. Don't know if I've ever seen anything quite like it. Just amazes me, because unless you're blind, you're just choosing to lie to yourself.

Exactly! A complete arsenal trained to dive and catch bounce passes and EJ dominates the Fins!!!!

Look, I'm not sitting here trying to pretend that EJ is the most accurate passer known to man.

All I'm saying is that his performance yesterday (minus the bad stretch with the pick and the fumble) warrants another shot after the bye.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that Taylor was great before the injury. He wasn't He was actually pretty bad.

This is correct. If you still think the fundamental flaws of EJ Manuels basic ability to play football can be fixed (and in two weeks???) I'm sorry, but you dont have the slightest clue what you're talking about. You are a casual fan of the game who obviously hasn't played or coached it at a high level. You should consider listening to those who have and stop pushing this ridiculous agenda because you like the guy.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but this is getting absurd. Maybe some people just like watching the Bills lose? Maybe EJ reminds some people of themselves or their kids or something who are not very good at sports but they try really hard so they have this unyielding faith that someday they'll make it?

Im actually really fascinated by this state of denial that so many are in with this particular player. Don't know if I've ever seen anything quite like it. Just amazes me, because unless you're blind, you're just choosing to lie to yourself.

I agree with your post, but you haven't seen this before? I've seen this same nonsense with every QB we've had since Kelly. And we have all been guilty of it to some extent with either JP, Trent, Fitz (I was), RJ, Flutie, etc, etc, etc.

Look, I'm not sitting here trying to pretend that EJ is the most accurate passer known to man.

All I'm saying is that his performance yesterday (minus the bad stretch with the pick and the fumble) warrants another shot after the bye.

Let's not fool ourselves into thinking that Taylor was great before the injury. He wasn't He was actually pretty bad.

You have to be kidding me.

Taylor's performance minus his bad plays also warrants another shot.