Only 1 game out of wildcard

Lets all just chill. We are only 1 game out of a wildcard in a very mediocre AFC (outside of NE, cincy, and maybe Denver). We have half of our offensive starters returning from injury and a favorable schedule down the stretch. We can definitely get to 9-7 and sneak in the playoffs. Gotta believe!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets all just chill. We are only 1 game out of a wildcard in a very mediocre AFC (outside of NE, cincy, and maybe Denver). We have half of our offensive starters returning from injury and a favorable schedule down the stretch. We can definitely get to 9-7 and sneak in the playoffs. Gotta believe!!

The season is far from over. I don't get throwing in the towel as some here suggested after 7 games given where things stand in the AFC at this juncture.

The season is far from over. I don't get throwing in the towel as some here suggested after 7 games given where things stand in the AFC at this juncture.

Their team, that the new head coach promised was going to the playoffs this season, lost to a team that until today was 1-5 and had lost their last 4 games. In addition the team was widely considered the worst team in football. They need some time to recover. A week should be sufficient to be back drinking the koolaid again.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Jets will crush us because this offense, even with Tyrod sucks against good D. Dallas and Pats are also losses so unless 8-8 gets you in, it's probably over. Oh yeah, you also have to win the rest of the games just to get to 8-8. This team is way closer to 3-13 than 9-7.

Well said, fair analysis, and unfortunately, I agree.

i would think not a single person here at the begining of this season ever thought that could happen.

This is why you can't pencil in wins and losses in this league before the season starts, even though it is fun to do it!

I do it like everyone else!

The difference between a 9-7 team and a 5-11 team in the NFL is very small. When you take away your starting QB, 3 WR's , 2 Offensive Linemen, your best safety, and a pro-bowl Dlineman then your team is not heads and shoulders over the Jaguars. It hurts because we almost won. It means we need to steal a game we were not supposed to.

@ChrisTrapasso

It's somewhat early but the AFC wild card / playoff race is a total logjam. No.'s 4/5/6/8 lost. IND, NYJ, PIT, BUF. No.'s 7&9...MIA, OAK won

If the season ended today ...
Following a big division win over the rival Jets, the Patriots are back in a familiar place among their conference peers: Sitting in the No. 1 playoff seed.. See where they and every other team stands.

Sorry, as much as I would like to see a playoff game with the Bills in it, the fins are going to take this team apart. And the jets twice after that.

This team has no locker room leadership and no field discipline. And I hate to say it.

Yes, Its that time of the year for this Classic video. I mean, after 15 years of no playoffs and losing to the Jagoffs and Bungles we have some talking about playoffs.

And this speech should of been Ryan's speech!

And this never gets old. I wish Ryan would try it once!

Crack kills.

Agreed. Just got to get healthy and hang tough. Our road will also be a lot easier if we can win AFC teams against our competition (e.g., Jets games are going to be critical).

The reality is that if we were healthy today-- and guys like AW, TT, Sammy, Percy, Kyle all played--it would have been a totally different game.