So would you say the season is over now? Before Halloween?

dayman

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are a game and a half out of the wild card, and get to play the Jets twice to make up that ground. No way am I counting the Bills out yet when they have a chance to get healthy with the bye week, a legitimate reason why they have struggled early in the season. Anybody that has give up already is not really a Bills fan in my book, and I would enjoy if they back up their pessimism and leave the board altogether for the rest of the season.

The Bills are a game and a half out of the wild card, and get to play the Jets twice to make up that ground. No way am I counting the Bills out yet when they have a chance to get healthy with the bye week, a legitimate reason why they have struggled early in the season. Anybody that has give up already is not really a Bills fan in my book, and I would enjoy if they back up their pessimism and leave the board altogether for the rest of the season.

You're delirious and I'm still a fan. There's a difference between being a fan and being delusional, which you clearly are if you think this team will make the playoffs. We have mediocre QB play, a team that is about to set the NFL record for most penalties in a season, injuries up the wazoo, no running game, a mediocre defense and right now, we're the worst team in our division. The Jets gave the Patriots a run for their money and the Dolphins are a completely revitalized team with Campbell as their coach. To guarantee a playoff spot, we'll need an 11-5 record. We're not going 8-1 the rest of the way. NOT HAPPENING.

But that can't be! You mean that players are actually responsible for getting penalties ( especially the dumb PF type ) ? I thought it had to be due to an outspoken head coach. You know, like Rex. He just makes them so undisciplined.

I hope not, but this is all so hauntingly familiar. I expected issues with an entire Coaching staff change and so many new players. I just hoped we would overcome them in time to win games I think we're the better team in -which is also hauntingly familiar..

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2015-nfl-predictions/

Here's some relatively good news. According to fivethirtyeight's model the Bills still have a 17% chance to make the playoffs as a wildcard. That is a 1-in-6 chance, which is a bit higher than I was expecting after hitting the 3-4 mark.

Same ****, different year. We always hold out hope like this in October/November. This team sucks. Past teams have sucked. Just forget the playoffs.

Same ****, different year. We always hold out hope like this in October/November. This team sucks. Past teams have sucked. Just forget the playoffs.

I have. I've been pretty adamant about the Jax game being the coffin nail that that mattered even if it isn't technically the last one. Just thought I should own up to the statistics being a bit better than I thought they'd be at this point.

--I refused to watch today's game due to globalism.

--NFL games are all WWF, so don't let yourself get too bent out of shape when the same five or six teams make the playoffs every year: Pats*, Cowboys, Steelers, Giants, Packers. It's all a joke anyway. Rex knows it and the veteran players know it. I

Strong bulletpoints, way to stick it to globalism and point out the obvious conspiracy theory.

I want to believe they have a chance and mathematicaly they do but realistically where do you get 7 more wins out of the next 9 games? Of course I'm assuming 10 wins gets the wild card but even if its 9 where do you get 6 more wins out of the Bills schedule? Before the season I had them at 5-2 at this point with losses to New England and Cincinnatti.

Let's face it, this team is a major disappointment. There's no way I expect them to make the playoffs. Watching a lot of football to this point they don't look the part of a playoff worthy team when compared to the effort and performance of the other teams fighting for those 2 wildcards. And looking at the schedule I can invision a 5-11 finish. Maybe that's worst case, maybe its the most likely outcome given their performance to this point. Maybe they win 6 or 7 but what's the difference. The result is the same. And at the end of it all the head coach can boast how they never quit as we watch other teams in the playoffs one more time.

With the offense everybody knew it was a work in progress and given the uncertain situation at QB nobody knew what to expect out of this group. Expectations were low and with the play of Tyrod I believe his performance to date has been a clear positive for now and the future. The fact that he missed the last 2 games, along with other players out of the line up combined with having to play an erratic and inconsistent EJ certainly contributed to the 3-4 record going into the bye.

The defense has been a big problem. Everybody expected this unit to be the cornerstone of the team. Playing tough and keeping opponents off the scoreboard with the team getting just enough from a slightly improved offense to win. That's the story we were sold. What we've gotten is something completely different. A defense that played great football last year with more or less the same personnel that this season that looks terrible and statistics back that up. Sats aside my big problem is this defense rarely makes the big stop when the game is on the line. Against the Patriots and Giants when the offense came to life and brought the game back to a one-score deficit the defense folded and gave up a long drive in a handful of plays. And this past Sunday, bad penalty calls aside, after getting the go-ahead score on a pick they couldn't hold the lead. Which leads me to the biggest problem.

A head coach that's all talk and no action. I was lukewarm about the Rex Ryan hire from the beginning but was willing to give him a shot. He said all the right things and pushed all the right buttons. But why would you hire a coach from a team that you laid 80+ points on in 2 games last season? While some cite he made it to the AFC Championship game in his first 2 seasons with the Jets the fact is that was Manginni's team along with GM Mike Tannanbaum. After that it was a slow decline into mediocrity.

In one off-season he's transformed a tough blue collar ready to give it their best Bills team into a punchless joke, subject to ridicule and laughter from the rest of the league because of a big-mouth coach who has no control over his players who also shoot their mouths off way too much and then don't back it up on the field. Under his leadership the current staff has ruined this defense. They are not Top 10, they are not even Top 20. Talking loud and tough and coming up small and looking stupid. But he snowed Pegula and parlayed his bravado into a 5 year $25M deal. While it's not the first time anybody BS'd their way through an interview and showed up on the job unprepared to do the work the impact is out there for all to see.

At this point I'm left wondering why Pegula made this hire in the first place. And I think his ability to evaluate management and coaching talent needs to be questioned. Unless things turn around signifcantly it's only matter of how long Ryan lasts.

We're 3-4. A lot of football left, but we probably have about 2 (maybe 3) losses to give for the entire rest of the season now if we want to compete for playoffs.

We've got a much improved Dolphins team and the Pats again, and a good Jets team twice. Plus a Cowboys team that will be healed by the time we play them, as well as a slew of other games we could potentially drop. Best case scenario I can realistically forecast would be:

W - Dolphins (use the bye as an excuse to do this)

L - @Jets (best case scenario we split and win the home game)

L - @Pats (can't beat them, never do)

W - @Chiefs (fair to say we win)

W - Texans (who really knows but this is best case scenario)

W - @ Eagles (again, best case scenario here)

W - @ 'Skins

L - Cowboys (really don't think we're winning this one, at least not this one and the next one v. the jets)

W - Jets

That would put us at 9-7. I doubt we make the playoffs with that, and this was me being about as optimistic as possible.

Rex lasted 7 games. This season is over.

Yes it is over. Start keeping an eye on the colledge QB's and OL

We're 3-4. A lot of football left, but we probably have about 2 (maybe 3) losses to give for the entire rest of the season now if we want to compete for playoffs.

We've got a much improved Dolphins team and the Pats again, and a good Jets team twice. Plus a Cowboys team that will be healed by the time we play them, as well as a slew of other games we could potentially drop. Best case scenario I can realistically forecast would be:

W - Dolphins (use the bye as an excuse to do this)

L - @Jets (best case scenario we split and win the home game)

L - @Pats (can't beat them, never do)

W - @Chiefs (fair to say we win)

W - Texans (who really knows but this is best case scenario)

W - @ Eagles (again, best case scenario here)

W - @ 'Skins

L - Cowboys (really don't think we're winning this one, at least not this one and the next one v. the jets)

W - Jets

That would put us at 9-7. I doubt we make the playoffs with that, and this was me being about as optimistic as possible.

Rex lasted 7 games. This season is over.

Yes, and although our offense is probably going to play better, there is no reason for the D's drop off, therefore, I believe there is no reason for them to come back. This is Rex's D.

7-9

Realistically speaking yes the season is done.

We would need to see a drastic turn-around on defense for me to gain any faith in this year. The team gets too many penalties and gets lit up by good offenses for me to think otherwise.

somewhere between 6-10 and 9-7.

We'll look back on Jax and see it as the 2014 Kansas City Loss.

Back to back must-win games when we'rd back IMO against dolphins and jets. Miami at home I can see us winning, jets on road will be tough. Although Rex over the years had Fitz figured out. Win those 2 games, gives us winning record overall, 5-3 in conference (forget division, thats over), and head to head on 2 more potential wild card candidates. It would be a decent position to be in