What is going on with this defense

Just seems like this defense cannot make a play when the team needs to get a stop. Yes that was a bad call on Robey, but how many big explosive plays has this defense come up with this season when we needed plays to be made. They also let the Jags hold onto the play for almost 10 mins in the opening drive of the third. Just not getting enough for this team to win so far, remember the Jags were ranked 30th on both sides of the ball coming into this game. It looks more like a Dick Jauron defense

Edited by Niagara Dude

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make a play like Corey Graham? Make a play like 4 stops on first and goal from the 1? Make a play I like 2 stops on 3rd and 1? Make a play like Robey on 3rd and 15? I honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about

Just seems like this defense cannot make a play when the team needs to get a stop. Yes that was a bad call on Robey, but how many big explosive plays has this defense come up with this season when we needed plays to be made. They also let the Jags hold onto the play for almost 10 mins in the opening drive of the third. Just not getting enough for this team to win so far, remember the Jags were ranked 30th on both sides of the ball coming into this game. It looks more like a Dick Juron defense

Jauron had decent defenses. it was his offense.

EJ will be the scapegoat, but really, when the Defense had the opportunity to step up and seal the game, they let the Jags drive 84 yards for the game winning TD. Yes, they did a bunch of good things to get it there, but when most needed, they wilted. Not sure if that's on the Coaches, or players, or both, but in the end, this is just not a very good defense. And that is why the team is 3-4. We all knew the Defense had to carry this team, so when they don't, wins—no matter who is your QB—will be hard to get.

Sorry but after we score and they start at their 16 yard line, we need a three and out. You put them away right there and give them no hope or an opportunity for a ref to make a dumb late call. Stop making excuses, the Jags were ranked 30th on offense coming into this game.

Make a play like Corey Graham? Make a play like 4 stops on first and goal from the 1? Make a play I like 2 stops on 3rd and 1? Make a play like Robey on 3rd and 15? I honestly don't know what the hell you are talking about

Hey dude if you want to be even near the level of a great/elite defense then your defense gets a three and out. How many sacks does this defense have this season?

Fans need to understand that we have zero chance this season unless this defense starts playing lights out. Our offense does not score enough to just have an average defense. That is a fact!

Hey dude if you want to be even near the level of a great/elite defense then your defense gets a three and out. How many sacks does this defense have this season?

Fans need to understand that we have zero chance this season unless this defense starts playing lights out. Our offense does not score enough to just have an average defense. That is a fact!

I said this last week. This team is not built to win with a defense "doing enough." It is built to win on the back of the defense with the offense doing enough. Now EJ cost us the game today, no doubt, but we still had a 4 point lead with 5 minutes to play and them on their 16. With the way this team is built and paid that has to be a win.

Anyone who blames the defense for the loss today needs to have their head examined. I mean, really? Did you not watch the game. The defense was very good today, IMO. Hell, I even thought Rambo/Williams held their own. Finally got pressure on the QB.

People are not blaming the defense. 4 offensive turnovers are obviously the main reason we lost and our Quarterback was horrible. What we are saying is that this team is built to win in exactly the position we found ourselves. Up 4 - 5 minutes to play against the 30th best offense in the league with then starting from their 16. This team is supposed to be built to win in that very scenario and it screwed the pooch today. If we can't see those games out we can't be a winning football team because even on days where our offense doesn't lose us the game it is never going to outright "win" us many.

Edited by GunnerBill

Anyone who blames the defense for the loss today needs to have their head examined. I mean, really? Did you not watch the game. The defense was very good today, IMO. Hell, I even thought Rambo/Williams held their own. Finally got pressure on the QB.

Up 4 with 3 minutes left, Jags (the freakin' Jags?!?!?!) needing to go 80+ yards to win the game? You wouldn't have taken that scenario all day long before the game started?

The defense blew it. We all know who EJ is: 3 horrible plays: 1 good play. But this defense was supposed to be elite, and it's nowhere close.

Edited by Perry Turtle

I think he is taking about making a play, like stopping the last drive, and not giving up the go ahead TD.

This is the most overrated defense in Bills history. They are not the reason the Bills lost today but they are a reason we did not win.

Up 4 with 3 minutes left, Jags (the freakin' Jags?!?!?!) needing to go 80+ yards to win the game? You wouldn't have taken that scenario all day long before the game started?

The defense blew it. We all know who EJ is: 3 horrible plays: 1 good play. But this defense was supposed to be elite, and it's nowhere close.

If not for the defense, we never would have even been close to up 4 points with 3 minutes to go. 4 cracks from the one yard like and the defense held? That awful call on 3rd and 15 that was a great play and would have gotten us off the field and sealed the game? They rose to the occasion, and played much better today. You should give credit where credit it due, is my point.

TJ Yeldon did run for 115 yards against our D. 5.8 per carry. A "great defense" doesn't allow that, particularly since most of it came when they had a big lead and everyone knew they wanted to run.

EJ will be the scapegoat, but really, when the Defense had the opportunity to step up and seal the game, they let the Jags drive 84 yards for the game winning TD. Yes, they did a bunch of good things to get it there, but when most needed, they wilted. Not sure if that's on the Coaches, or players, or both, but in the end, this is just not a very good defense. And that is why the team is 3-4. We all knew the Defense had to carry this team, so when they don't, wins—no matter who is your QB—will be hard to get.

It was a prevent defense and prevent defenses usually prevent team from winning.

Just seems like this defense cannot make a play when the team needs to get a stop. Yes that was a bad call on Robey, but how many big explosive plays has this defense come up with this season when we needed plays to be made. They also let the Jags hold onto the play for almost 10 mins in the opening drive of the third. Just not getting enough for this team to win so far, remember the Jags were ranked 30th on both sides of the ball coming into this game. It looks more like a Dick Jauron defense

Rex is smarter than every one else

TJ Yeldon did run for 115 yards against our D. 5.8 per carry. A "great defense" doesn't allow that, particularly since most of it came when they had a big lead and everyone knew they wanted to run.

must be we were worried about Bortles passing game that they ran all over us? On last series we wee biting on the play action instead of playing all pass defense. Rex is a defensive genius just ask him.