step away from the ledge

Pete

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's next that mathmatecially this team is in it? The coaching sucks. The GM has made questionable moves. This was the friggin Jags they just lost too on a neutral field. Zero intensity. At times the QB seemed too not even realize the clock.

The bills lost this not the zebras. You have to go back years to claim there was a worse first half.

I was going to say the same thing. Usually its about week 12 you see the posts if we win out and every team in the playoff hunt loses............................

PI call was absolutely absurd. That said.... shocking we got back in it. Bortles gifted us that pick six. Ej Manuel is not an NFL football player.

No he's not. If the NFL had a minor league system, EJ would be a career minor leaguer who gets called up to the big team a few times over the span of an 8 year career but would basically ride the bus in the minors.

Just who he is.

Not sure where there are short or long term positives. Short term, we have a losing record, we have lost three of four at home, we have a lot of injuries, and Rex and the defense have been disappointing. Long term, Rex has a long term contract, the Bills are up against the cap next year, and we have some decent players that will be free agents (e.g., Glenn and Bradham).

I'm not ready to give up on this team

I won't give up on the players, aside from EJ, but the coaches? They can take the rest of the season on a European vacation. Put Schwartz in at DC/ HC ( like Payton does with his O) and get someone with a brain at OC. Roman is brainless it seems based on his play calling.

Pete I have enjoyed your posts and perspective for many years and I think all of us know that this version of the Bills has had a pretty brutal stretch of injuries. That the bye week will likely improve communication and allow us to get healthy. Odds are we will be a much better team over the final 9 games. The problem is, even with all this, to make the playoffs we likely have to win 7 of the 9 remaining games. Even with all of the variables discussed, that is a very unlikely proposition. Which now takes the drought to the point in which people who can legally drive have never watched this team in the playoffs. For those of us who can drive, we take a massive chunk out of each Sunday. For most adults, time is not something we have in abundance. This is a choice that we make as fans, to devote the time each Sunday to being a fan. It just get's old and tiring and has been going on for far too long. Even in not jumping off the cliff, I just don't see much reason to feel like the glass is half full right now.

Have to come to grips that the team I love plays horrible, undisciplined, stupid football. At least last season, we could look forward to watching the defensive line play. We don't even have that anymore,thanks to our blowhard, fraud of a coach and his outdated schemes. I'm sure that Rex will be given the mandatory, excuse-filled two years to try to prove he's an NFL caliber coach, even though there's ample evidence that he's not. At least we have the draft to look forward to. So let's fire up the threads to talk about the great players that the Bills won't draft, as they reach for a safety that fits Rex's idiotic schemes.