step away from the ledge

Pete

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. I missed that.. I didn't see much rushing today, so assumed he was out.

Corey Graham played, too. Intercepted a pass and returned it for a touchdown. Suppose you missed that, too. Hard to take someone who says "for those who don't follow closely" seriously under the circumstances when they fact check so poorly.

Edited by transient

Correct. But after the mini waves of the first 7 weeks, we stand ... in last place. By ourselves. Not good. And trending in the wrong direction.

Hah! "Slow eyes" like EJ.

I don't disagree that we are in a bad spot. I do disagree that it's insurmountable like some portray. This team was bound to go up and down and the swings here between super bowl favorite and tank the season for a top pick are a bit much- we are an 8-9 win team and that can easily turn into a wild card and playoff win or two. As I mentioned the Rex coached jets were 4-6 and made the AFCCG.

Penalties. We lead the league still.

Undisciplined play is the coaches fault and his player loving mentality has cost this team victories.

Players need to be held accountable and that starts with good coaching. Rex has NOT been a good coach, he has been mediocre at best. The Robey call was bogus, granted, but there are no excuses. Rex has to get better and the team will filter down through him. He is the head coach, that's his job. We can blame injuries, it is a great scapegoat.

Accountability.

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Yeah, gotta stop with the injury excuses. It's a part of the game and good teams prepare for injuries. If the true playoff caliber teams of the league, even wildcard level like the Rams, Jets, and Steelers, suffer injuries at the same level we've been dealing with I bet they'd still find a way to beat Jacksonville.

Im sorry but no......teams do not prepare for this many injuries

Most well coached teams after a slow start will. firing Philbin and the fish are winning. seems like they laid down on him.

The Jets fire some clown and well look at them. Who could predict the Jets record? Easy teams they played? sure. The mighty Bills just lost too a 1-5 team. On a neutral field.

i wonder what the Bills problem is? Injuriy bug does not count . Every Team has them.

The Bills problem is that they haven't had a good QB in a long time and still don't . Also, their ( mostly) overrated players just don't block or tackle very well or with any consistency. So they often lose. Good teams usu catch balls that hit them in the hands, don't turn it over, make blocks instead of whiffing on them, and the QB makes accurate throws on time to the open guy. The game isn't that complicated. Everything just is a bit off when the QB stinks ( like Graggs catch that should have been a TD with a decent on time throw) and all the talent in the world on D won't make a good tackle for you. You have to wrap a guy up with good technique .

I'm honestly considering stepping away from the team and NFL to a degree, not the ledge. At what point do we as fans just say, enough is enough. Put a good team on the field and win some games or I'm out.

Watching that disaster second quarter was brutal. After the third EJ turnover in a row I shut the game off and did some work outside. As I was doing that I realized that I've wasted so many Sunday afternoons not enjoying myself because the team was so miserable.

Then you throw how ridiculous the NFL officiating is and it's hard for me to justify much more time or emotion.

Anyway, not saying everyone should feel the same way, but I just feel like I'm at the point of not caring anymore and realizing there is probably so many better ways to spend my time. Just a personal confession I guess.

Injuries or not they should've won today. And pretty handily.

The Bills roster is good enough that they can be down 7-8 starters, and still beat the Jags? And they are good enough to overcome blown calls by the officials? It is hard to win in the NFL- especially when you are decimated and going against the refs

Edited by Pete

I'm honestly considering stepping away from the team and NFL to a degree, not the ledge. At what point do we as fans just say, enough is enough. Put a good team on the field and win some games or I'm out.

Watching that disaster second quarter was brutal. After the third EJ turnover in a row I shut the game off and did some work outside. As I was doing that I realized that I've wasted so many Sunday afternoons not enjoying myself because the team was so miserable.

Then you throw how ridiculous the NFL officiating is and it's hard for me to justify much more time or emotion.

Anyway, not saying everyone should feel the same way, but I just feel like I'm at the point of not caring anymore and realizing there is probably so many better ways to spend my time. Just a personal confession I guess.

I was there a few years ago. It was liberating to not feel the need to watch every Sunday, though I did if I had nothing better to do.

The sale of the franchise, the organizational restructuring, the recent spending on players, and the Ryan induced hype of the season have drawn me back in.

I had a similar mini-epiphany after the game today that I was happier when I was more dispassionate about the team. Interesting time for a bye...

The Bills roster is good enough that they can be down 7-8 starters, and still beat the Jags? And they are good enough to overcome blown calls by the officials? It is hard to win in the NFL- especially when you are decimated and going against the refs

My guess is that if you asked Ryan if he would take a scenario where his team is up by 4 with 3 minutes left and his defense was on the field, he'd take it every time. That penalty was horrible, but the Bills still led, with Rex's defense on the field to hold it. He and his defense failed. It was a chance to pull the Bills out of a bad situation with two weeks to heal.

Because of this failure, the Bills have to go 7-2 the rest of the season to get to 10-6 (probably the record needed for the playoffs).

Thank you dick jauron