Tyrod Taylor ruled Out for Jags

YoloinOhio

If EJ starts, we lose to the Jags. To the freaking Jags. That would doom the season. The passing game will be difficult with no Sammy or Harvin. EJ doesn't have the running ability to make a Defense respect the threat. It'll look like the Titans game with no Tyrod's running to bail us out at the end.

A lot is riding on Tyrod playing this week.

Not in the least actually. Jags are one of the worst teams in the league and the worst for Net points for/against. TT or EJ shouldn't have to run against this team to score points even without Sammy and Harvin.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not in the least actually. Jags are one of the worst teams in the league and the worst for Net points for/against. TT or EJ shouldn't have to run against this team to score points even without Sammy and Harvin.

Im with Wiz here.....I think we can beat the jags with EJ

If its a difference of playing a TT and he is not really healthy to go or playing EJ and having a 100 percent TT coming out of the bye

Then play EJ

Probably not but I think TT would have taken better advantage of the pass protection EJ got earlier in the game. That was most disappointing to me, how EJ was unable to find receivers in the time he was given. No belief in what he was seeing. It was the bad EJ again.

you did watch the 1st 3/4s of the Titans game though?

; )

Agreed- he's better that EJ but as I mentioned elsewhere EJs performance vs cinci is nearly identical to Taylor vs the Giants. Same YPA, same passer rating, same ground results... (Minus the EJ TD run) home game, Same everything. While Tyrod had Percy and Karlos,

EJ had McCoy and 1/2 Watkins...

So tell me whos d is better?

impossible to answer. We will surely guess though, and then have an educated and reasonable democratic argument over it though.

do you not remember kyle orton moving around out there?

that wont stop me in giving medical advice to a guy, based on an unrelated comparison, without having any access to his records or medical training of my own.

Good for you! Knowing you care means as much as actually knowing.

I am just bustin on you of course.

Kyle did move around pretty well, early on.Nice pocket presence considering the horrible line till he figured it out ,and decided to save himself.

Captain is first out of the boat, damn the rest of em'

TT has a ton of potential.

Tyrod's backup could probably come in and do a decent job, but hopefully Tyrod will be ready to go!

simple as that.

It wont be on the offense. they can get that 21 points with either.

The never ending QB bashing. It is truly amazing the support backup players get.

With the depleted talent the Bills have they should be able to defeat the Jags with either of their QB's.

#TeamBuffalo - Go Bills!!

i was just thinking the same. The Steelers just beat SD and AZ with a combination of Mike Vick and Landry Jones. Granted they weren't missing their top 2 WRs also but they have been banged up elsewhere on the OL and on D. The Cincy loss with backups is one thing... A jags loss is another. The Colts beat them with Hasselbeck. This is a game that playoff worthy teams win - one way or another. Like the win over Tennessee - you find a way. Edited by YoloinOhio

Yolo, I get it that people are not impressed with EJ, but man, they take it a bit too far in my opinion.

The Bills need to find a way to win with any or all of their backups. Injuries happen all the time and that is why depth is so important at each position.

yes, some do take it too far. He's a decent backup.

i was just thinking the same. The Steelers just beat SD and AZ with a combination of Mike Vick and Landry Jones. Granted they weren't missing their top 2 WRs also but they have been banged up elsewhere on the OL and on D. The Cincy loss with backups is one thing... A jags loss is another. The Colts beat them with Hasselbeck. This is a game that playoff worthy teams win - one way or another. Like the win over Tennessee - you find a way.

They did beat SD without Martavis Bryant

They did beat SD without Martavis Bryant

right - but they didn't really have him all year, so Wheaton was effectively the #2 for 5 weeks IMO. But the point remains that the Steelers have had a crap ton of injuries (and suspensions) to deal with and are 4-2, period. To me, they are a playoff team especially if their defense can hold up. Edited by YoloinOhio

I dont think this is going to be an easy W.

So far, We have an offense that is a little better than I expected, a defense that is horribly disappointing most of the time, and close to the worst special teams unit in the league.

I think we will win but not convincingly, and I hope Rex takes the bye to adjust the defense to better suit the extensive talent we have.

I still have playoff hopes but they are hanging by a thread.

I would keep Taylor and Sammy out of this game to heal. EJ should be fine against Jags if McCoy is ok.

Just let EJ run if he prefers , don` t force him to stay in the pocket.

Edited by ALF