[closed]Anyone hoping we just bail and play for a number 1 pick?

Billzfan37

I'm beginning to think that the best thing for this team is to tank and get a top pick and hope to get lucky on a franchise quarterback. No other sport has a more important individual position quite like the quarterback position in football. Take Cincinnati, for example. Dalton is a franchise QB. That team has long had an average offensive line, average secondary, average special teams, average defensive line, and average coaching. However, Dalton is 46-23-1. He covers up a multitude of deficiencies. We are that one player away from being relevant.

At this point, I don't think any Jaguars (Bortles) Titans (Marriota) Panthers (Newton) Vikings (Bridgewater) Buccaneers (Winston) or even the Dophins (Tannehill) fans would trade rosters with us because those 6 teams are worse than us in many other areas except for the most important position, QB.

Not the closer position in baseball, the cleanup hitter in baseball, a dominating starting pitcher in baseball, a goalie in hockey, a stud defense-man in hockey, a center in basketball, a point guard in basketball, a shooting guard in basketball - is as important as that one position in football. Not having a viable starter that is poised and accurate has made being a Bills fan so disappointing for the past 15 years.

Our quarterback situation has been in the bottom 1/4 of the league for almost 20 years. Not since Bledsoe have we even had an arm to get excited about - and he never even led us to the playoffs here.

Edited by Billzfan37

I'm beginning to think that the best thing for this team is to tank and get a top pick and hope to get lucky on a franchise quarterback. No other sport has a more important individual position quite like the quarterback position in football. Take Cincinnati, for example. Dalton is a franchise QB. That team has long had an average offensive line, average secondary, average special teams, average defensive line, and average coaching. However, Dalton is 46-23-1. He covers up a multitude of deficiencies. We are that one player away from being relevant.

At this point, I don't think any Jaguars (Bortles) Titans (Marriota) Panthers (Newton) Vikings (Bridgewater) Buccaneers (Winston) or even the Dophins (Tannehill) fans would trade rosters with us because those 6 teams are worse than us in many other areas except for the most important position, QB.

Not the closer position in baseball, the cleanup hitter in baseball, a dominating starting pitcher in baseball, a goalie in hockey, a stud defense-man in hockey, a center in basketball, a point guard in basketball, a shooting guard in basketball - is as important as that one position in football. Not having a viable starter that is poised and accurate has made being a Bills fan so disappointing for the past 15 years.

Our quarterback situation has been in the bottom 1/4 of the league for almost 20 years. Not since Bledsoe have we even had an arm to get excited about - and he never even led us to the playoffs here.

Hell no. They have too much talent to waste on that. Plus 3 wins might have already knocked them out of the #1 pick race. Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

We are 3-3 through what was perceived as the tough stretch of our schedule. Adjustments need to be made by the coaches, but the talent on the team isn't the problem.

The QB situation still needs to be addressed but this team can reach playoffs this year. They have all draft picks available to trade up for a guy who they believe in if need be, especially since they don't have immediate needs besides QB and OL. No need to tank, its all on scouting for that 1 guy.

Also IMO, Dalton is surrounded by underrated talent. Not buying in that he has bloomed.

I'm mad too based on the last few weeks half assed performances, but all the top QBs in the world wont help if you have dumb morons committing penalties on virtually every play of over 5 yards. My wife, who works in HR, suggested yesterday that for each personal foul (taunting, whatever) that player be docked a week's pay. It would never work with the crybaby union, but if it did, that behavior would stop on a dime

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread. <br /><br />Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics. <br /><br />Thank you.