Thoughts on the idea of McKelvin to Safety?

YoloinOhio

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking McKelvin could play free safety all along. He could man up at the line or play deep and use his speed to make a play at the ball. I have been wondering how to get Darby, Gilmore, Robey, McKelvin, and Graham all on at the same time

I can't see it, especially for this season. We need guys who have had reps at the position in this scheme.

GO BILLS!!!

that would be ideal but I don't trust Duke or Rambo ... Leo was with the team all through OTAs, TC, and in all the meetings and practices. So he would know the scheme and maybe the ramp up would be more from a physical reps perspective.

AW out 7 games at least. Leo set to return soon. Would likely be a backup CB. Those who really understand the nuances between moving from Corner to Safety, do you see this as a possibility?

I like it, and pondered the same possibility - it essentially would add a potential play-maker to the backfield who can cover, run and stuff the run when necessary....just not catch that well.

I like it, and pondered the same possibility - it essentially would add a potential play-maker to the backfield who can cover, run and stuff the run when necessary....just not catch that well.

Leo was leading the league in INTs last year before the injury.