Bills fans in Nashville

MavBavButav

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The first TD that Tyrod ran in sounded like a home crowd. I thought I was hearing things. I watched the highlights a bit ago and it was indeed a massive cheer. How many Bills fans were in that stadium?

It seemed like almost half. There were far more people in Bills gear, but I have to assume most of those in "neutral attire" were local folks. We certainly made more noise per person (the old NPP stat).

TV showed some crowd shots late in the game. Looked like it was at OBD. :lol:

They arrived late too. We moved down a couple rows to take 2 of 6 aisle seats still open early in the second quarter. Right after we settled in they arrived and bumped us back into our seats in the middle of the row. Arrived in the SECOND quarter. I bet they are less sunburned than I am.....

Edited by Augie

I've gotta compliment the Titans fans for their politeness. Nice people. And the same to the millennial bills fans behind us that gave all their free pink sunglasses to the two older lady titans fans next to us "for their grandkids". Nice vibe all around. And theres way more to Nashville then country music. We had 2 amazing meals downtown and the opryland hotel is one of the coolest hotels I've ever been in.

Don't wear your Bills gear in Pittsburg, it will get ugly quick. My son had an incident some years ago.....he wouldn't go near that stadium again even in civilian clothes.

Nose, neck and arms burnt haha it was beautiful. I can't wait til I get to the Ralph one day.

forehead and nose are bright red.

we were in section 311. I assume everyone could hear the "bullshite" chant originating there after the roughing call. that was the only time I heard a titan's fan complain. he said "c'mon yall, you're in the south now"...as if no one ever uses that word in the south.

Don't wear your Bills gear in Pittsburg, it will get ugly quick. My son had an incident some years ago.....he wouldn't go near that stadium again even in civilian clothes.

didn't witness anything uncomfortable. doesn't sound like others posting here did either. before the game when my wife and I were walking around the hotel, at least ten people wished us good luck on the game. my impression was they were at a convention from out of town and didn't have a dog in the hunt but were just being friendly.

It is a very successful biz town. I remember when the Rigas family got the naming rights to the stadium. The people in Nashville were pleased because Adelphia was a Greek name and they consider themselves the Athens of the south or something to that effect.

I've never watched that "Nashville" show but when they show Nashville do they ever delve into the non-country music aspects of the town?

Or is it like when you see southern CA depicted on tv and they never show the smog that can be like driving thru pea soup in the morning and the sky is always depicted as bright blue.....even though it usually is kind of a grayish blue. :lol:

Exactly like how they portray Southern CA. From the episodes I've seen it's all about country music, and that's it. As other posters have mentioned Nashville is economiclally diverse, and has a lot to offer beyond country music. However, I will say that without Nashville being the home of Country music I find it hard to believe it would be where it's at now. Country music really was the original economic driver for that town. Just like gambling was for Vegas, and now there's a lot more to that city too.

One last report from Nashville: as I'm heading through security at the airport, the TSA agent looks up at a huge line of Bills fans and yells, "what'd the whole damn city of Buffalo come to Nashville!? Got (yes, it was a got) damn."

Later Nashville; it was fun

You are dispelling the myth that there weren't many people from Buffalo area at the game. :lol:

It was indeed amusing how often on TV i could hear booing when a penalty was called on us, loud cheering when the Bills made a good play, etc. Certainly we've seen this from time to time with other road games, but for me I have never noticed it as much as yesterday. I thought Bills fans last year represented very well when we were at the Bills-Broncos game, but yesterday looked almost like a home game or neutral site. Very nice!

forehead and nose are bright red.

we were in section 311. I assume everyone could hear the "bullshite" chant originating there after the roughing call. that was the only time I heard a titan's fan complain. he said "c'mon yall, you're in the south now"...as if no one ever uses that word in the south.

didn't witness anything uncomfortable. doesn't sound like others posting here did either. before the game when my wife and I were walking around the hotel, at least ten people wished us good luck on the game. my impression was they were at a convention from out of town and didn't have a dog in the hunt but were just being friendly.

Worst thing that happened to/around me was while I was looking around late in the game a mid-20 year old dude pointed at me and gave me the double bird.... Very shortly after Hogan scored to take the lead- I stood and turned to him and reciprocated.... He probably didn't see it through his tears!!!