10 pushups? Rex, are you kidding me?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@buffalobills

Rex: We'll have the team do 10 push-ups or so at practice when a penalty is called to show it impacts everyone.

OK, I get the point of showing it impacts everyone. But 10 pushups? Seriously? For pro football players? Surely these guys can toss off 10 pushups like nothing.

How about 1 pushup - per penalized yard? Maybe 183 pushups would get their attention.

15 penalties 150 pushups after a day of training... You forget these guys are beat up and injured for most of the week. Edited by Beef Jerky

Not really. Still always in the bottom half in penalized. His Jets and Ravens (DC) have had 20 penalty games.

Penalties in practice (and subsequent pushups) are meaningless.

Why not just fine them per penalty in games? Teams can fine players, no?

There were 8 teams in week 4 that had double digit penalties. 5 of the 8 won and 2 of the 3 that didn't win went to OT and nearly won. There is nothing wrong with addressing it but it is a wee bit overblown by the media. Jets had 14 penalties on Sunday for 163, 28 more yards in penalties than the Bills. Bowles really has that team disciplined, right? Probably Rex's fault!

@buffalobills

Rex: We'll have the team do 10 push-ups or so at practice when a penalty is called to show it impacts everyone.

OK, I get the point of showing it impacts everyone. But 10 pushups? Seriously? For pro football players? Surely these guys can toss off 10 pushups like nothing.

How about 1 pushup - per penalized yard? Maybe 183 pushups would get their attention.

Well we're averaging around ~15 penalties a game, so assuming practice has a similar rate you're looking at 150 a day.

Edited by Captain Caveman

There were 8 teams in week 4 that had double digit penalties. 5 of the 8 won and 2 of the 3 that didn't win went to OT and nearly won. There is nothing wrong with addressing it but it is a wee bit overblown by the media. Jets had 14 penalties on Sunday for 163, 28 more yards in penalties than the Bills. Bowles really has that team disciplined, right? Probably Rex's fault!

Did the Jets win or lose?

Pretty sure the CBA wouldn't allow this. They can't just fine them for whatever they want.

In the past coaches could fine players. But it was chump change. Docking a player a game check that habitually gets personal fouls like Hughes Would work wonders. here's hoping that Kyle got in his face this week.

I hope they took away dessert too!

It sounds silly, but you have to do SOMETHING, and it couldn't hurt. Make them accountable. It's the hot headed personal fouls that bother me the most, but they ALL make you a little crazy!