10 pushups? Rex, are you kidding me?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Rex Ryan will demand Buffalo Bills do pushups for penalties after practice

"If a guy gets a penalty during the practices, then we're gonna make sure that all of us are gonna do 10 pushups or whatever," Ryan said Wednesday. "The rest of the team will [do pushups] and that person [being penalized] will stand up, just to see how many people he is affecting.

I hope that that clarifies the various interpretations.

how was what I wrote all that different from your summary? Because I left out the part about the push up happening after practice? No where did I state the push ups would happen during practice.

I think you should drop and give me 20 for being uptight.

Edited by Idandria

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The person who commits the penalty will watch his teammates do the push ups?

This totally reminds me of Full Metal Jacket when Sgt Hartman discovers a donut in Private Pyles bunk, and all the other guys have to do push-ups.

Rex has been watching too much HBO.

See above

Edited by billsfan_34

Bills enact push-ups for penalties at practice

Posted by Chris Brown on October 7, 2015 – 4:53 pm

The Bills said that their league-leading penalty count would be addressed by the players. On Wednesday the penalty for committing penalties was push-ups, but not by the person who commits the infraction.

Edited by Beerball
Too much pasted material

Everyone who is part of the organization.

If Kim Pegula is there, she's getting her hands dirty.

That would be "hot take" worthy.

I wouldn't want to be the one that committed the penalty after she finished her 10.

Edited by The Wiz

how was what I wrote all that different from your summary? Because I left out the part about the push up happening after practice? No where did I state the push ups would happen during practice.

I think you should drop and give me 20 for being uptight.

I noticed differing interpretations ergo my comment

now you can drop and give me 20

I seriously like that the Coaches are going to be doing the drill too.

They need to own this issue. Now if it The Pegula gets down for ten, that will only happen once.

Jerry you are on notice.

These dipsticks better take it seriously too.

Because Bills lost a game due to penalties. maybe two.

Screw the refs and all that. Own up and fix it.

Exactly like that. And the result ... some team members could probably use the soap-in-sock treatment for sure! Great movie, BTW.

The good ole blanket party ---great movie for sure. We used to get treatments like the jelly donut in bootcamp all the time and it totally works. Some of it was pretty funny even during times of intense pain on my body

So will they be doing push-ups on sunday as well as in practice? That would be something to see on live TV. Entire team on the field and sideline dropping down to do 10.

That would be something to see. More entertaining than watching a guy on a bile or holding a clip board (ipad)

@buffalobills

Rex: We'll have the team do 10 push-ups or so at practice when a penalty is called to show it impacts everyone.

OK, I get the point of showing it impacts everyone. But 10 pushups? Seriously? For pro football players? Surely these guys can toss off 10 pushups like nothing.

How about 1 pushup - per penalized yard? Maybe 183 pushups would get their attention.

While 10 may not seem like a lot to you, it really is and it adds up. That would be 170 based on the 17 penalties we got one game. Not to mention, this is during a practice where they are already tired.

You also don't want to make them so tired they can't practice well, remember they still need to work on game prep. So 10 seems quite right to me. I mean if you ask one of them to just give you 10 pushups, big deal. You ask them to do that a dozen times through a grueling NFL practice, thats another thing.