10 pushups? Rex, are you kidding me?

read to me like if the ref at practice throws the flag they are going to be hitting the ground too, no?

I had the impression it was for the game-day penalties

Why is this looked at negatively?

I didn't think it was taking it seriously enough. But if he meant "for each penalty" as some have interpreted it, then yeah, I guess 170 pushups would get even an professional athlete's attention.

Why do you think pushups are OK but the CBA would be against up-downs? Heck do both: Burpies

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the impression it was for the game-day penalties

I didn't think it was taking it seriously enough. But if he meant "for each penalty" as some have interpreted it, then yeah, I guess 170 pushups would get even an professional athlete's attention.

Why do you think pushups are OK but the CBA would be against up-downs? Heck do both: Burpies

yeah, it's just for practice and it's 10 per penalty. It's just to show how important they are and impactful to everyone by making everyone stop what they are doing in practice and do push-ups anytime anyone commits a penalty. It isn't a punishment for Gameday penalties.

Who knows if it ends up reducing them on Gameday but I didn't see any harm in it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

The point is not inflict a physical punishment, it's a mental exercise. A reminder to play smart.

OK, you and others have raised good points that the idea is to "get the guy's attention"

yeah, it's just for practice and it's 10 per penalty. It's just to show how important they are and impactful to everyone by making everyone stop what they are doing in practice and do push-ups anytime anyone commits a penalty. It isn't a punishment for Gameday penalties.

Who knows if it ends up reducing them on Gameday but I didn't see any harm in it.

I guess I don't see how it will cut down on the egregious personal fouls, but OK

So disgusting to see a bunch of nobodys here criticize a coach who took his team to the AFC championship game twice in the last 6 years and this comes ONLY AFTER he lost against two teams that won a combined total of 6 Super Bowls in the last 15 years with the same head coach and elite QB they still currently have. Fair-weather supporters that get behind the coach and team when they win and act like its the end of the world when they lose against elite teams. Totally absurd.

Let us know when you author your manual of what us nobodies on TBD are allowed to talk about and when. I'm sure your 110th post regarding where and for what price you'll make it available will be widely read and it will sell out immediately.

Or not. Maybe it would be easier if you could give us some tips instead on how to help you leave in disgust. What did you think this was, Pro Football Coaches Corner?

It's kind of disappointing that after only 4 games with the Bills, so many people on here are already so cynical and critical of the HC.

There is surely a correlation between "building a bully" and all of these penalties - but I highly doubt that the HC emphasized committing personal fouls. Personal fouls are on the players - they should know better.

The entire team does the pushups while the perpetrator watches. The pushup part isn't the key. The pressure from other teammates is, because they are working because of your mistake.

It's kind of disappointing that after only 4 games with the Bills, so many people on here are already so cynical and critical of the HC.

You see this with every aspect of the team... Many fans patience wore out in about 2008, and understandably so. We just want a winning team.

There is surely a correlation between "building a bully" and all of these penalties - but I highly doubt that the HC emphasized committing personal fouls. Personal fouls are on the players - they should know better.

I think a big part of it is that we, as fans, actually see a genuinely talented roster for the first time in a long time. And the two losses we've had this year were among the most frustrating games I have ever watched (including VT games, which is saying something). We were constantly stepping on our own feet, which compounded into falling flat on our faces, and somewhere along the way to losing our balance we also shot ourselves in the foot.

One, two, three...ZERO ONE

Almost buddy---One, Two, Three, One, One, Two, Three, Two etc....start in the up position and you will see !

The entire team does the pushups while the perpetrator watches. The pushup part isn't the key. The pressure from other teammates is, because they are working because of your mistake.

Something like this....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5NP8y63Ms4o

The person who commits the penalty will watch his teammates do the push ups?

This totally reminds me of Full Metal Jacket when Sgt Hartman discovers a donut in Private Pyles bunk, and all the other guys have to do push-ups.

Rex has been watching too much HBO.

The person who commits the penalty will watch his teammates do the push ups?

This totally reminds me of Full Metal Jacket when Sgt Hartman discovers a donut in Private Pyles bunk, and all the other guys have to do push-ups.

Rex has been watching too much HBO.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Rex Ryan will demand Buffalo Bills do pushups for penalties after practice

"If a guy gets a penalty during the practices, then we're gonna make sure that all of us are gonna do 10 pushups or whatever," Ryan said Wednesday. "The rest of the team will [do pushups] and that person [being penalized] will stand up, just to see how many people he is affecting.

I hope that that clarifies the various interpretations.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/buf/buffalo-bills

Rex Ryan will demand Buffalo Bills do pushups for penalties after practice

"If a guy gets a penalty during the practices, then we're gonna make sure that all of us are gonna do 10 pushups or whatever," Ryan said Wednesday. "The rest of the team will [do pushups] and that person [being penalized] will stand up, just to see how many people he is affecting.

I hope that that clarifies the various interpretations.

Many people choose not to read linked content,but rather react and comment first because outrage must be had. It happens mostly on Twitter but often here as well. Thanks for the clarification.

Edited by YoloinOhio