Tyrod's limited throwing arsenal

#34fan

He needs to be able to call his own plays in a 2 minute drill. That stood out to me as well.

Same here. That two minute offense was amateur hour by Roman.

TT won't have full command until he is given full command. Cut the cord, Roman. This is the man's fifth year in the league, he can handle it.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree... He struggled from the first snap until the 4th quarter... He seemed very confused at times, and held onto the ball too long... To be fair, That could have been the plays taking too long too develop... But wouldn't you make an adjustment at halftime for that???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but we didn't nake our first trip to the RZ until the third Quarter... That's struggling any way you want to slice it.

Two bad ones by Clay.

Yeah, I remember mumbling maybe his hands are clay. He did finish strong and that was a relief because I think Taylor is going to need a player he is comfortable going to when the chips are down and I think Clay could be that guy kind of like Witten is in Dallas.

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

Hmmm, disagree. Today has Greg Roman's name all over it.

Calm is not a motivator... There's a time for calm, and it's not when you need to pickup a 3rd and 5.... Also, if he's injured, what kind of injury is it??? He may not the best QB option if that's true.. Tyrod got just one first down the entire first half!... i can't put that entirely on Roman even if i wanted to.

I alluded to it in a past post but I think that the reason so many love him will ve his down fall. He goes at one speed. He has no sense of urgency at all. I knew when we started that last drive we werent gonna even get down to the goal line befause of how slow the offense was moving. This is what we should become accustomed to with TT at the helm

Hmmm, disagree. Today has Greg Roman's name all over it.

I think people who know what they're watching out there get this. So many designed routes that were short of the line to gain. Looks like Roman is out thinking himself and trying to count on YAC from his play design. Call routes that get you where you need to be man. Also, occasionally, just let your QB play. Don't game plan him to death.

67% completion percentage.

1 TD.

1 TD throwing off the board with a dumb call.

1 rushing TD off the board with a dumb call.

1 "int" that was a strip from a WR.

His star WR and RB were out, as were 2 (and later 3) of his lineman.

How could you find fault with TT today?

ONE 1st down in the entire first half... On and off the field before you could blink sometimes OR long fruitless drives... Sure it's Roman... However, it'sTyrod too.... How we don't score on 3rd and goal with such a talented QB is inexcuseable...

Edited by #34fan

Take away two best players and one decent lineman and see what any QB would do.

He is not the reason they lost.

The only think that bothered me was looking to the sideline for 2 minute drill calls. That was sad. He just needs to call a play and go. That is bad coaching. Even after the play was called still took too long to snap the ball. Lost 2-3 seconds per snap. That needs to get better.

He was a big part of it. 38 passing yards half way through the 3rd quarter isn't nearly good enough. He's in his 5th year, there is no excuse for that.

...and how many Giants were missing on their defense? Stop with the excuses for TT, he was really bad today.

Interteresting take on Woods. Hogan is better? How?

Tyrod can make the throws, but he needs help from the other 10 guys out there executing their jobs too.

he didn't get that today. And the game plan sucked. IMO

Someone asked how do we keep Roman in a different thread... life from 1pm-about 415 was all you need. He keeps doing that nonsense and he will be all ours for quite a while

Richie was there.

Otherwise, I agree.

C you beat me to that point. Richie was there

Nice-looking deep balls that any college rookie could make, but that's it... Abandons his progressions, and locks in on one receiver... Roman is NOT innocent, but I Can't justify that kind of performance at home, coming off a div. win...

Tyrod's leadership is lazy... Throws are not decisive... No urgency getting back to the LOS in between plays...

He's Michael Vick v2,0... Only Tyrod won't grab yardage with his feet... Poor use of his skill set by Roman... wasted chance to distinguish himself by Tyrod... Seems he's just a backup after all...

I agree he throws a nice deep ball. Agreement ends there. TYROD did not insist on forcing the run when they were dedicated to stopping it. If the Bills had opened it up earlier, we might have had a different outcome. Time to play Big Boy ball and beat the defense in the way that makes the most sense given their scheme. (And for wht it's worth, I bet Tyrod would have caught most of the dropped balls.)

I really didn't see an issue with Taylor today other than the checkdowns in the first half. But I have no idea if the WRs past the sticks were open on those plays. And I'm guessing TT is getting a bit spooked by the horrid blocking he's getting up front, starting with the center position. The Giants' d-line is in shambles - they lined up a bunch of practice squad players and pinned our ears back. It's sickening.

Yeah. Taylor could have been better, sure, but the Bills' OL got physically beat up front today. It's a major concern.

TT had no help today. Guys ran routes short of first down marked...recievers didn't fight for the ball...guys dropped passes...Woods fumbled...OL made tons of bad penalties...refs screwed him at least 3 times with flags and another 2 or 3 times by not throwing a flag on late hits or PI.

And he was missing his LT, RB, and WR while battling an ankle injury. This kid responded great in the 2nd half, the team around him failed. His TD run was amazing...brought back by holding (even though I feel the call was BS). He made a great throw for a TD...again negated by a penalty that was total BS.

I am very happy with TT up to this point. I mean he came into this game with a 33.3 pts per game average. He has made throws all over the field. He throws a great deep ball. He had a great comp % coming into today. This kid has shown he can make all the throws and be dangerous running.

I like EJ too...but I will be PISSED if there was a switch made right now.

Honest question. You dont have an issue with his urgency? And i dont think there is a shot, barring injury, EJ starts this year. I think they are bringing him up with the scout team to get better and get his chops. I think they know what he could be so they will sink with Tyrod before EJ sees an opening snap.

Couldn't disagree more. Yes, he's made some poor throws. But no more than any other QB I've watched this season. And not consistently with any particular throw that makes me think he's incapable of making it

I have to disagree a bit with you. While I'm not as sold on Tyrod as others on here, I do think he can show nice touch on some of his balls, and honestly, I think that when he finally does throw it, he throws it as decisively as I could hope for. Maybe because he's newly annointed to the starting QB position, he has yet to really become a vocal, take-charge type leader just yet, but perhaps that will happen with time.

I do agree that late in the 4th quarter, I did not see any real urgency in getting back to the LOS, especially when good clock management was absolutely vital, but I don't know if I'd pin that on Tyrod as much as the coaching staff...

While I didn't think he was impressive today, I don't think that too much blame can be pinned on him for today's loss. I still have hope he's our guy of the future...

How about revcievers catching them passes I know a couple were off target most were good enough that they should have caught them. oline stunk it up good at times smh

Tyrod has shown good skill at throwing underneath passes against prevent defenses. He is good at throwing a catchable ball to receivers that have good separation. He can't hit the small windows when it counts.

Has any ever noticed that Tom Brady always seems to hit the guy 6 yards down field when its 3 rd and 5, and "average QBs" hit the guy 3 yards up field on third and five. This isn't because the Patriots receivers are better, this is because if you give Brady a window the size of a football to throw too, he gets it there.

67% completion percentage.

1 TD.

1 TD throwing off the board with a dumb call.

1 rushing TD off the board with a dumb call.

1 "int" that was a strip from a WR.

His star WR and RB were out, as were 2 (and later 3) of his lineman.

How could you find fault with TT today?

Im pretty neutral but i can see it. He did not play well. And its not all about stats. He was not a leader of men. He was not decisive today. He was not the Tyrod that we needed today. Edited by Agent 91

If the Bills bench Taylor they would be in full panic mode. That's not the right call, he's a competitor and a guy who can win us games.

They need to cut the poop with the penalties and they need to get more stout up front on offense. Getting Watkins back on the field won't hurt either.