The "can Dan" Carpenter thread

Pretty sure he missed the extra point today because Schmidt put the ball down on an angle.

Special teams needs an overhaul and it starts with Crossman

The guy is the Dick Jauron of special teams coaches.......he manages to keep a job for a decade even though he only has like one good season.

Colton Schmidt is a talented guy but after a great year last year he has had some issues both with his hands and with maximizing his punts.

That touchback from the 40 today was a big momentum shifter......pin the Chiefs back there and it may end up a COMPLETELY different game.

Edited by #BADOL

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched 3 missed xps today, by ostensibly good kickers ( the guys in AZ and Seattle).

I hope they get rid of this stupid rule.

To lose a game because of a missed extra points is ridicules.

They should get rid extra point all together and just make it 7 points unless a team wants to go for 2 then it would be 6 points.

Enough is enough with this guy. Could some explain to me why he still has a job. There has to be someone out there who could both kick off and kick field goals. Why should we have to sweat extra points.

You must think there are better kickers sitting on couches somewhere waiting for a call.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Its Noon,

Why is Robert Woods, Boobie Dixon, Leodis Mckelvin, Mario Williams and REX RYAN still on the team?

Interesting you pick 2 offensive guys and someone who did not even play yesterday, when mostly it was the D that lost the game

But I really got no problem with your choice of Leodis :thumbsup:

Enough is enough with this guy. Could some explain to me why he still has a job. There has to be someone out there who could both kick off and kick field goals. Why should we have to sweat extra points.

If you are going to question why someone is still on the team you should at least offer a possible replacement which I'm sure there are an abundance of out there on November 30th

Don't get me wrong, yesterday's win was huge even though we didn't get much of the help we needed yesterday from the Giants and Colts.

But Dan Carpenter's becoming a huge liability to this team and I fear that eventually he may cost us down the stretch as it's looking like we're going to need to run the table and probably still need a couple teams to stumble along the way.

Yes, I understand there are other more glaring flaws on this team, but dude's missed FOUR extra points this year, not to mention some other crucial kicks.

Not sure what the crop of free agent kickers are, maybe someone could fill me in on this, but I know had Houston drove down the field and scored to win 28-27 yesterday, the entire Ralph Wilson Stadium crowd probably would've stormed the field and straight up "ended" Mr. Carpenter...

Gotta love folks who complain about problems and provide no INsight into solutions!

The solution is either players and staff get him on track- kicker slumps are almost always mental or at the end of the season we target a new kicker either through FA or the draft. Its really that simple but for now a solid field goal kicker isnt just going to show up on our doorstep.