The "can Dan" Carpenter thread

Maybe you should learn to actually read a post and spend some time brushing up on your reading comprehension before being so quick to criticize a poster.

He had a valid point and admitted he did not know if there was someone better. He then asked for someone to help enlighten him on any options available in upcoming FA.

"Not sure what the crop of free agent kickers are, maybe someone could fill me in on this"

The quantity of posts you have made does not automatically make you smarter, better or more knowledgeable.

A constructive, knowledgeable post would have been listing the soon to be available FAs and draftees, and then giving the facts to prove that DC is a better choice than any available replacements. Not some snarky one liner insulting a legitimate poster, just because you don't agree with his different, yet legitimate point of view.

But it's the kind of post that's nothing but a rant, especially since he's clueless about possible replacements on December 6th.

Whhaaa, the kicker stinks this year !

Thanks for the insight, Sherlock.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should learn to actually read a post and spend some time brushing up on your reading comprehension before being so quick to criticize a poster.

He had a valid point and admitted he did not know if there was someone better. He then asked for someone to help enlighten him on any options available in upcoming FA.

"Not sure what the crop of free agent kickers are, maybe someone could fill me in on this"

The quantity of posts you have made does not automatically make you smarter, better or more knowledgeable.

A constructive, knowledgeable post would have been listing the soon to be available FAs and draftees, and then giving the facts to prove that DC is a better choice than any available replacements. Not some snarky one liner insulting a legitimate poster, just because you don't agree with his different, yet legitimate point of view.

What are you his lawyer? I certainly don't need your simple advice on how to respond to him or anyone else. His post was a waste of time IMO with no knowledge of a legitimate option in place of Carpenter at this juncture of the season. I gave it the time and consideration that it deserved from my perspective. If that didn't suit you....Well too bad! Have and nice day and Go Bills!

Every kicker who's been cut was cut for a reason. There's no prize out there right now. But the goal for next season should be one kicker who is accurate, can kick deep, and will save a roster spot. We need to have a competition and, if necessary, draft a kicker in the late rounds. And if Carpenter is finally healthy, he should get a shot as well.

Oh, give me a freaking break. It's the easiest and laziest thing in the world to say "cut Carpenter" without providing any legitimate solution that could address the situation this season. Oh, and why did this guy need to start the 14th thread on cutting Carpenter?

The one thing we can all agree on is that Carp has gone from Money to Maybe. So there's nothing better out there, fine. But where I used to say NFP when Carp lined up, I'm now puckering big time. And that is not a pleasant feeling. I just hope Carp doesn't cost us the playoffs with a missed kick, because clearly he isn't going anywhere.

He has missed 4 FGs and 4 extra points. The FGs are from (I think) one less than 40, one just under 50 and two over 50. That is not bad at all. Not great, but, not bad at all. The 4 extra points is concerning. However, it isn't the chip shot it used to be. But, still concerning. IMO there isn't a better kicker out there and he is just having a down year. He is still the best kicker we have had this century. At least he has the length! 50 yarders are easy from a distance standpoint for him. Lindell and Christie couldn't kick 50 yards. Heck, Carpenter can kick 60!

He will be fine! Or Whaley, Rex and company will knee jerk like most on this board and he will be cut. But, either way he will be a Pro Bowl kicker in the League again!

Rex should know you dont screw with a kicker's mind. The preseason rant was unecessary based on Carp's resume. It was preseason and he was nursing an injury ta boot.

Agreed!

i was waiting for that info.

I think kickers are just putting to much pressure on themselves on extra points vs FG's. physicking themselves out.

I was thinking it was the opposite. That they were somewhat lackadaisical thinking it's still a gimme extra point even though it's 33 yards and they are not concentrating enough.

I agree with cutting Carp but not removing him from the team. Every miss gets a finger cut off. If he is lining up and looks over, and Rex is holding hedge clippers, those kicks will find their way in. :devil:

:lol: