The "can Dan" Carpenter thread

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to make this a poll, but it wouldn't do it for me. Simple question, should Carp still be the FG kicker next week? That's two games he may arguably have cost us, and it certainly affected the end game strategy today. Money has turned into maybe. If the Bills have a viable option, it may be time to pull the trigger.

They need to spend the offseason upgrading the K position. Carpenter's inaccuracy on gimme kicks is indefensible. The combination of a K who can't make an XP and a head coach who spends to rest of the game chasing those points is pretty deadly.

Yes. People all over the league are missing extra points for some reason. Seattle's kicker missed one today. The "Sunday Drive" hosts on Sirius were talking about missed XP's during the noon hour.

Also, it's not that easy to find a new kicker, esp. one who can hit long FG's like Carpenter.

Edited by RyanC883

I tried to make this a poll, but it wouldn't do it for me. Simple question, should Carp still be the FG kicker next week? That's two games he may arguably have cost us, and it certainly affected the end game strategy today. Money has turned into maybe. If the Bills have a viable option, it may be time to pull the trigger.

In a word NO!!!! Tryouts this week.

he hasn't been 'right' all season.. i haven't noticed.. but did his holder change? is he hurt? is his ball inflated properly?

on a team filled with f' ups.. keep him.. he fits right in

I noticed something in his technique in preseason (particularly the miss vs Cleveland). I'm going to dig through his 2014 kicks to see if he did it last year. If I'm not seeing things, it's easily fixable.

If I'm seeing things, it's likely a mental block. If so, bye Dan.

I noticed something in his technique in preseason (particularly the miss vs Cleveland). I'm going to dig through his 2014 kicks to see if he did it last year. If I'm not seeing things, it's easily fixable.

So you're saying there's a chance? There may be an opening for you on the Bills ST staff soon...

Edited by Freddie's Dead

yeah, that it'll be interesting.. but you may want to focus on what's happening on current year successful vs unsuccessful kicks. that's what the ST coach probably has to do - eliminate correctable issues external to his player, before calling the hypnotist :thumbsup: it could be something as simple as footwear.. does Carpenter have problems on particular surfaces in particular weather? see where i'm goin?

So you're saying there's a chance? There may be an opening on the Bills ST staff soon...

When that happens, I'm applying. Danny Crossman annoys me more than any other human being alive.

yeah, that it'll be interesting.. but you may want to focus on what's happening on current year successful vs unsuccessful kicks. that's what the ST coach probably has to do - eliminate correctable issues external to his player, before calling the hypnotist :thumbsup: it could be something as simple as footwear.. does Carpenter have problems on particular surfaces in particular weather? see where i'm goin?

Essentially, you're going down the line of Occam's razor. I dig that.