Darby named NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month!

YoloinOhio

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it's time to eat some humble pie. I was really worried when McKelvin got hurt. I didn't think Darby, as a rookie, was up to the task. While I didn't imagine he'd play as bad as he had in preseason, I never thought he look this good.

Ditto.

I flat out thought the guy was going to suck and be a major liability for this defense. So far, he has proven himself to be much better in regular season game scenarios. I hope that continues.

Sooner or later if he keeps playing as well as he has, teams will not only avoid picking on him, they will probably avoid throwing the ball his way.

It's interesting how devalued Darby was by his off the field transgressions and yet Winston was the number one overall pick. I don't recall the discussion around Winston's draft position being based on his character as much as it was comparing him to Mariota. Not to excuse Darby's issues.

It's interesting how devalued Darby was by his off the field transgressions and yet Winston was the number one overall pick. I don't recall the discussion around Winston's draft position being based on his character as much as it was comparing him to Mariota. Not to excuse Darby's issues.

Positional value has a lot to do with it as well.

These days, if a guy shows even a modicum of potential to be a franchise QB, his draft status will improve dramatically.

what were Darby's off the field transgressions?

Not to mention that Winston actually did it and Darby was just there and maybe saw something and didn't want to rat out his friend (not that it was a smart move or the right thing to do but it's very understandable).

That is am awesome stat.

One thing I've noticed he's improved at significantly since preseason is getting his head turned around. That seemed to be his biggest problem. When I watched this past game a second time, it really stood out to me how quickly he was snapping his head around to look for the ball. He could have had three picks this past game. One if Ranbo didn't give him his second head shot and the other on the last jump ball. He was in great position and located the ball well. I hope he keeps it up.

Totally agree with this, it's startling how much this has changed in so short a time.

@TyDunne: CB Ronald Darby is named the NFL Defensive Rookie of the Month. Not sure if anyone could've predicted that back in August.

@BuffaloBillsPR: #Bills CB Ronald Darby earns September D Rookie of the Month after leading the NFL in passes defensed (8) & tying for the lead in INTs (2).

There you go Darby!!! :thumbsup:

What does it tell you when our corners are the #1 and #3 most targeted in the league? https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/01/10-most-targeted-nfl-cornerbacks/

It tells me that we took a big lead early in Weeks 1 & 3 and our opponents had to throw a lot to try to catch up, and Tom Brady* threw the ball 59 times against us. It also tells me that we are currently on pace to have 837 passes attempted against us this season. The most passes attempted against a team since 2000 is 670, against the 2013 Eagles.