Rex has burning hatred for the Cheats*

In spite of the opinion expressed in this article, good for Rex.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000542610/article/rex-patriots-were-clearly-trying-to-embarrass-bills

I'm tired of coaches who conceded two games per year to the Cheats*

Rex did play the first game in Buffalo wrong by whipping up the frenzy and playing soft D. He will not make the same mistake in a few weeks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000542610/article/rex-patriots-were-clearly-trying-to-embarrass-bills

Rex did play the first game in Buffalo wrong by whipping up the frenzy and playing soft D. He will not make the same mistake in a few weeks.

Enough already. Im not getting my hopes up like we were sold a few weeks ago.

Edited by fredex22

Maybe next game he'll whip up a D, and play a soft frenzy.

The results are largely the same, but at least Rex wants to win these games. I never got the impression that any of the last half a dozen or so coaches considered it a possibility to beat the Cheatriots and thus didn't care. They just looked at the lop-sided scoreboard with the typical dumb look on their faces, trying to figure out which trite cliches they would trot out in their post-game presser.

I fully realize that things can go south in a hurry- this is the Bills, after all. But if the players are buying what Rex is selling, 5-1 may not end up being 6-10 like it usually does. This is different from past years. Can they stay healthy enough to make a go?

The results are largely the same, but at least Rex wants to win these games. I never got the impression that any of the last half a dozen or so coaches considered it a possibility to beat the Cheatriots and thus didn't care. They just looked at the lop-sided scoreboard with the typical dumb look on their faces, trying to figure out which trite cliches they would trot out in their post-game presser.

I fully realize that things can go south in a hurry- this is the Bills, after all. But if the players are buying what Rex is selling, 5-1 may not end up being 6-10 like it usually does. This is different from past years. Can they stay healthy enough to make a go?

Welcome Herb... Continue to post

I hate the Pats*** as much as anyone, but a winning team has to "get all the way over" a butt-kicking and move on to focus 100% on their next opponent

That said, I need to find and listen to the actual interview because plenty of stuff gets taken out of context and puffed up.

EDIT: OK, I finally found it on the Buffalo Bills website. Rex was directly asked about facing Eli Manning after the Brady beatdown. Then he was directly asked if our team "got something" out of the "humiliating loss" to New England. Then it gets portrayed as if Rex is just dwelling on the NE loss and spontaneously brought it up.

Edited by Hopeful

I hate the Pats*** as much as anyone, but a winning team has to "get all the way over" a butt-kicking and move on to focus 100% on their next opponent

That said, I need to find and listen to the actual interview because plenty of stuff gets taken out of context and puffed up.

Yes.

And apparently yes (in this case).

Welcome Herb... Continue to post

Thank you very much, BuffaloBill. I am in a self-imposed exile from another board, and have been looking for a new home. After over 7 years there, it changed too much and was no longer for me, but I still feel the need to post my opinions as well as my irreverent comments.There just aren't any Bills fans here in my new home.

Hope this is my new haunt.

I find it outrageous everyone gets so drastic and out of control on whatever little thing Rex Ryan says. He simply just wants to win the division and the Patriots have dominated the division for over a decade. As great a defensive mind he is, he still has trouble shutting down the Patriots and obviously he wants to prove otherwise and has some frustration after being in this division 7 years and not being as successful as he would like to against him. He will do it and simply talks innocent rival jabs and taunts here and there.

:thumbsup:

First I think he knows that he was outcoached and he is embarrassed by it.

Second I think it was obvious that Belichick blew it. They tried to bury us and it backfired. The only reason we had a chance in that game is because Belichick tried to run up the score and Rex knew it. Every coach in the league would have run the ball up by 19 or so in the fourth and the Pats threw every play. They screwed up and we would not have been within 14 points with a minute to go if they didn't. Rex, IMO, was letting people know that without making it bulletin board material and it's a smart move.

I like Rex and I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. I think he coached a terrible game against the Pats. But the Pats blew it in the second half against us and their arrogance was the only reason we made a game of it. And I think that is what Rex was referring to.

well, this week we'll see if they have the kind of depth needed to make a run; no shady, watkins, miller, etc. this will be where T Mobile gets to shine even brighter..

Belicheat is a classless clown. Glad Rex called him out on trying to run up the score as he has done to the Bills and others all too often. However, talk is cheap and I am looking forward to our next meeting with the patsies. IMHO, the outcome will be much different.

Depth is always a concern but this year, I like what we have with Williams at RB, strong depth at WR and Rambo filling in nicely at Safety. Give Shady and Watkins another week to rest so we can get them back to 100%.

Edited by Flutie Flakes

EDIT: OK, I finally found it on the Buffalo Bills website. Rex was directly asked about facing Eli Manning after the Brady beatdown. Then he was directly asked if our team "got something" out of the "humiliating loss" to New England. Then it gets portrayed as if Rex is just dwelling on the NE loss and spontaneously brought it up.

Bills played pretty well against Miami.....Looked like they were focused.