Who's going to be the first coach fired this year?

BmarvB

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy is 3 games into his first season on a team that lost 1/2 it's entire starting roster it seems to retirement and FA. They have to give him a bit of slack, no?

They should also give him a few extra towels on the sideline.

Philbin.

Pettine and Tomsula getting a dishonorable mention.

Philbin has been there a few years, Pettine only 2, but it is Cleveland and Tomsula is safe as this is his 1st season where half the team changed.

Caughlin maybe / finally after the next loss or two in Oct.

Chip Kelly, Pagano nominees.

Philbin has been there a few years, Pettine only 2, but it is Cleveland and Tomsula is safe as this is his 1st season where half the team changed.

No way does Coughlin get cashiered. He may be fading, but he's been a great coach who has won the franchise 2 super bowls against all odds, and the Giants' ownership respects and appreciates that.

Edited by dave mcbride

I really don't think any coach will be fired mid-season; that rarely happens in the NFL (certainly much less so than the other pro sports leagues).

Now after the season...I predict Philbin Milquetoast is out on his ass in a jiffy.

The guy is 3 games into his first season on a team that lost 1/2 it's entire starting roster it seems to retirement and FA. They have to give him a bit of slack, no?

You're probably right. It just seemed like an uninspired hire to me in the first place. The way the team is headed, and I know it's early, I just personally think that that is the type of situation you just blow up entirely after the season.

I forgot about Pagano. He's a goner.

Philbin

Pettine too because the organization is such a disaster especially the owner and GM I can see them doing something like this

CBF

I said this a long time ago. The media outlets were heaping praise on him even after he hired and re-fired the front office/staff. I couldn't believe it. Total sh$t-show there.

Gruden. Never underestimate Dan Snyder.

Yeah, Gruden's seat is quite warm too. I see him surviving the season, Coughlin will be done after the season (hopefully retirement), Philbin's a done deal. Unlikely to make it through the season at this rate.