Could Bills be 8-1 going into Foxborough for Brady rematch?

Big Turk

Possible? Sure. So is 2-7. This team is one year removed from beating Green Bay and losing to Oakland back to back so let's step back. I think 6-3 is more realistic. The Bills will probably lose to either the Bengals at home, or the Jets in New Jersey, and they'll stink up a game they should have won and lose to someone else. These are the Bills, after all. But hey, if the Chicago Cubs can make the playoffs, maybe this is the year for us too.

The Bills are getting their injuries concentrated in two positions, CB and safety. They had good depth but if Rambo keeps assaulting Darby who knows. Injuries to any team that accumulate in the same position are usually trouble. If we lose Gilmore for an extended period, before McKelvin returns, that will be seriously bad.

Is anyone else having trouble figuring out if the Bills defense is better this year than last year? The stats say no, but the NE game is an outlier. In their two wins, the defense shut down the Colts and the Dolphins through the first half, and then played clock ball, ceding long slow drives that choked off the opponents' chances to win. individual stats aren't great. Mario Williams is, the coaches say, playing great, but you never hear his name called, while he seals the edge and prevents the off-tackle plays to the defense's left, but doesn't get to the QB. Compare this to the right side, where teams seem to find regular space to run off tackle. Maybe this is all by design. I would be OK with making the playoffs while other D linemen make the Pro Bowl.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What is wrong with people speculating about the the record? Speculation is the lifeblood of this forum, so all the "one game at a timers" should just sit this thread out.

I think they will lose one before the Patriots game, but they have a favorable schedule. The Bengals game will be a good test, but I gotta favor the Bills at home.

What is wrong with people speculating about the the record? Speculation is the lifeblood of this forum, so all the "one game at a timers" should just sit this thread out.

I think they will lose one before the Patriots game, but they have a favorable schedule. The Bengals game will be a good test, but I gotta favor the Bills at home.

What's wrong is, these same people will be hair on fire if/when the Bills lose a game like maybe this week.

Even if we do go 8-1 I still won't predict playoffs til it's a lock.

Then it's not a prediction.

I get it, no one wants to be wrong. Is there some kind of punishment meted out if you are wrong? Does anyone think their predictions are controlling the fate of the team?

I will go out on a limb and say, PLAYOFFS!

I never bought into the Trent Edwards teams, because even though they were winning, the offense sucked, and Trent never threw downfield. This team is a different beast. Loaded with talent, but they needed a QB. Taylor is way better than Trent Edwards.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Nothing wrong with your optimism OP. I can't believe how many fans are overlooking the Giants this week! They're good, very good. Their D just decided to take the 4th quarter off for a couple of games. Otherwise, they'd be the class of the NFC East at 3-0. BTW, Cruz is coming back this week.

Edited by MyDogLuvsPB

I know it might be jumping the gun a little early, but this team has a legitimate shot at being 8-1 going into New England for the rematch. Toughest game in that stretch should be the Bengals game but we are at home for it.

This team could be really scary to face if Taylor continues playing like the dynamic playmaker he has been for much of the 3 games so far...defense stifles the opponents(other than Tom Brady at QB) and offense racks up yards and points putting teams in catch up mode quickly, leading to our D being able to "Tee" off on the QB...

Coaching seems to be head and shoulders above previous regimes, New England game notwithstanding where I think we simply outsmarted ourselves in a lot of ways, especially on defense.

And think about how good this team can be as they continue gaining experience under 2 new systems(although the defense has played a similar system under Pettine 2 years ago, its not exactly the same). This team is still getting its feet underneath them, so to speak in the early part of the season. Exciting times are ahead I think.

At absolute worst, I would expect us to be 6-3 heading into the big rematch, but I really think we could be 7-2 or 8-1. Maybe its a little too rosy of a viewpoint, but I think we really have something with this team on offense and at QB. Taylor is completing about 75% of his passes(74.4%) through 3 games and has a QB rating of 116.1, along with one of the highest YPA in the NFL(9.2 YPA, ranked 4th currently). t's also remarkable that his numbers are that good considering his average pass has traveled further in the air than any other QB in the league(CBS posted his "Air Yards" was at 26.2 per pass attempt, highest in the NFL and then he promptly hits Hogan for a 38 yard TD).

I expect big things from this team moving forward. We have the ability to simply blow a lot of teams out right now in a way other Bills teams have not for a long, long time...

Don't...........Get..........Crazy........Now.

We're really good. Definitely a playoff team. Just watch the All-22.

But you know what, the Giants have beaten us the last 3 times they played us. And there's something about Eli Manning that even when they are 2-14, they might wake up and beat you on a last second TD. They're dangerous in a weird way, the same weird way they went on two unexpected Super Bowl runs after poor starts to the season.

Never count out the Giants. I only watched a little of the Giants All-22 and so far the defense is beatable, but not awful. We should win, but we can't look past them.

Edited by musichunch

Tennessee has a strong defensive front. Cincinnati looks to be a better team. Miami will not be that bad a second time around. NY Jets is a tough defense. Those are 4 games the Bills could lose. If they do start a roll and pile up victories, confidence will be fueled by this success. NE rematch will be interesting. That will be a true test. If they beat NE, the Super Bowl champs and top team in the NFL, at home, then the Bills have arrived as a team that needs to be taken seriously. Lose and face the fact you will have to play them there in January if you make the playoffs.