NFL Source: Brady will serve suspension this season

YoloinOhio

@WFAN660: #NFL source to @cc660: Tom Brady will serve suspension this season http://t.co/DuOUzSvXP4@BoomerandCarton @7BOOMERESIASON @985TheSportsHub

On Fridays Boomer and Carton program, WFAN host Craig Carton said that he was with a very influential person in the NFL on Thursday. Carton said the person told him theres no doubt in his mind that Brady will serve a four-game suspension this season after the NFLs appeal is heard.

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure it will be during the stretch when they play Jets and Fish.

#thestruggleisreal

probably the last 4 games of the season (Texans, Titans, Jets, Dolphins) after they are already 11-1 and they would be resting starters and playing Garappolo anyways for the last couple

@WFAN660: #NFL source to @cc660: Tom Brady will serve suspension this season http://t.co/DuOUzSvXP4@BoomerandCarton @7BOOMERESIASON @985TheSportsHub

Was it the same influential NFL staffer who recommended that the league should rush this case to this judge so that they would get a favorable ruling? If the story is true then it is another demonstration of how collectively stupid, arrogant and out of touch the league office is.

Judge Brewer in his ruling not only forcefully rejected Roger Goodell's position, he mocked it. Odds are that the appeal panel won't even take on this issue until the season is over. And even if it did the ruling would come down much later.

This is plain wrong.

This assumes they win on appeal and that the win happens in the next few months. As far as I can tell, no briefs have even be filed yet-- a process that is going to take about 90 days (likely more with extensions). Then the court likely won't decide it for another 6-12 months after that.

I actually think they would be looking at a suspension in late 2016, assuming the NFL wins.

i thought I saw that they did file the appeal in the second circuit ... But it would be a surprise to see it get through that quickly Edited by YoloinOhio

So let's say it does get through the legal system in time...can Brady's team appeal again?

The only appeal left would be the United States Supreme Court, which gets around 10,000 case applications per year but only agrees to hear around 75. It's almost certain this will be the final stage.