Kiko vs. Shady

T master

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking just at this year, even taking injuries out of the equation, the Bills won. They got a top RB for a guy they didn't need, even considering that Kiko was a very good player. They want to win NOW and there's no question that McCoy is an upgrade over our backs last year, no matter how much I admire Fred Jackson.

Longer term, we'll just have to see. McCoy is getting on in years and by, say, 2017 he might have lost the quickness that makes him so good. Hope not, but we'll see. What's not questionable is the money. Kiko will be playing under his cheap rookie contract for another year, and McCoy's salary is using up cap money. Also there's the consideration that top-notch RBs aren't really that rare, taking into account how much more important passing is than rushing these days. You can give up a small amount in RB skill and save a bundle.

I think both McCoy and Kiko are excellent talents. Kiko seems like a good guy and I wish him well, and that he gets back to playing like he did the first half of his rookie season. I saw one incredible interception he made this year so the talent is obviously still there. McCoy is acting and playing in a completely professional manner, and I'm glad he's a Bill.

I see him lasting one more year, barring them being the worst in the league. He went 10-6 back to back. One speed bump year wouldn't be enough to can him.

I agree with that thinking. They've just changed too much roster wise, and management wise, to burn it all after one season... unless it's a winless season or something equally as horrific. Which, it still might be.

I think Bills filled a perceived need, traded as smartly as they were able. If they truly for Robert, then i feel pretty good about that transaction. Mind you i was super pissed at the time, and i never wished Kiko the Legend any ill will whatsoever. But this McCoy might have some game :devil: after all

A legend in some minds because he played with abandon and was all over the field with a personality of mystic. Not so much with his body. It was clear he could not hold up to 16 games with 260 running backs. 3rd best running back was a no brainer. Don't be so hard on Waley. He really knows what he is doing. I'm sorry about Fred and Kiko also but they were both very good football determinations. Matts gone now too and that is the same good determination.

And that is exactly the mindset the Steeler's organization have. They cut loose players who may be popular but not producing...They even pushed out a legend, Troy Polamalu into retirement. I remember, they let go fan favorites like Greg Lloyd, Kevin Greene, Joey Porter, heck even a HOF like Rod Woodson and yet here we complain about Freddy being let go.

I loved Kiko on the Bills but I honestly thought he was a bit overrated. There is no question the guy is a playmaker and can make game changing plays, but he struggles against the run as he is small and can be over aggressive at times

i agree. he reminded me of another overrated linebacker among Bills fans...London Fletcher. He was Fletcher with better hands. Solid, but not worth all the hype. People think these guys are future hall of famers because we haven't had a true stud at MLB since Sam Cowart.

Nonetheless, I feel bad for the guy if that knee is wrecked again. He's so young and he was impressive in week 1.

Agreed. I wanted chip to succeed bc i like seeing college coaches make the jump to the NFL and be successful. But hes really making it difficult to root for him.

No one wants Chip Kelly to succeed, except Eagles fans. If he does, he'll make everyone else look foolish.

Shady has his breakout game this week. Finally in game shape, hammy not an issue...fans who were on the fence about this trade will have their eyes opened.

I think everyone knows we got the better player but the worse contract out of the trade. Correct or not, the strength of the trade will be viewed within the confines of the contract they gave him afterwards. It's not this season or next that will make up peoples minds, but what happens after that.