Kiko vs. Shady

T master

Foot injury nagged him all year.

That and he complained that his legs felt sluggish........which is high mileage-ese for I'm losing a step but I think it's something else.

Kinda not accurate. As I said elsewhere, in the first 4 gamesof last season when the Eagles were missing Lane Johnson, McCoy averaged 2.7 ypc. In the final 12, he averaged 4.7.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about just worn down from high mileage?

Not really sure if another 2-3 weeks off will be enough time off for Shady's hammy/toe etc.. He already had a couple weeks off before the opener.

Neither. He's got a bum wheel currently. It happens to pro athletes, but a hamstring injury can happen at any point regardless of mileage or durability. Shady has proven throughout his career that he's durable. He does have a lot of carries but the amount of hits he's taken are less than you'd expect w those kind of rushing numbers.

He's not injury prone. He's just currently hurt. There's an enormous difference -- to anyone who isn't looking to pick nits at least.

Actually it wasn't. Sounds like BADOL got snubbed for an autograph by Shady. That or he's a huge Chip Kelly fan and seeing the effects of having Kelly in charge of personnel decisions.

That ain't even slightly accurate with regard to Badol. With regard to huge contracts for rbs in their late 20s, shawn alexander always comes to mind.

Edited by dave mcbride

Neither. He's got a bum wheel currently. It happens to pro athletes, but a hamstring injury can happen at any point regardless of mileage or durability. Shady has proven throughout his career that he's durable. He does have a lot of carries but the amount of hits he's taken are less than you'd expect w those kind of rushing numbers.

He's not injury prone. He's just currently hurt. There's an enormous difference -- to anyone who isn't looking to pick nits at least.

Pick nits? He had 11 rushes for 16 yards against a team that looked otherwise disinterested defensively. :lol:

Actually it wasn't. Sounds like BADOL got snubbed for an autograph by Shady. That or he's a huge Chip Kelly fan and seeing the effects of having Kelly in charge of personnel decisions.

Yes, Kelly really screwed up, he has one under producing back instead of another.

I understand what you are saying about Shady and maybe you are right, but if I had to choose between having him on the team or not having on the team, its a no brainer. For the money he is getting paid? Thats another story, especially with the Free agents we have coming up and the potential contract Tyrod will demmand if he continues at his current pace.

Unfortunately you can't separate him from the contract.

That is where the deal went completely sour.

McCoy's only trade value was the fact that so much of his contract had been paid up front so if he played like he is playing now you could cut him and have no dead money weighing down your cap.

I wish I wasn't right because he is fun to watch when he is on.......but he's been bad and now we are being told that the old man already needs to take a nap 3 weeks into the season. :doh:

Pick nits? He had 11 rushes for 16 yards against a team that looked otherwise disinterested defensively. :lol:

Yes. Picking nits. As I said, he's hurt. That's very different from being injury prone. Or, "not caring". Both are poor descriptors to use on McCoy unless you're looking to pick nits.

There were so many ways for this deal to go wrong for the Bills.

The ONLY thing that has gone right for the Bills is that Kiko injured his knee.

Considering the contract they coughed up to make him comfy........yuck.

There's zero chance shady would have played a down without a new deal. Zero. But don't let that get in the way of your crusade.

The only way the trade would have been a win for Buffalo is if Shady were built of titanium and played for zero money. Get with the program, Doc. ;)

I can see if Shady had a history of being injury prone, like Alonso or Murray. But he didn't. And questioning his heart given he signed a huge deal prior to 2012 and had the most yards by a RB since then is curious.

I can see if Shady had a history of being injury prone, like Alonso or Murray. But he didn't. And questioning his heart given he signed a huge deal prior to 2012 and had the most yards by a RB since then is curious.

Of course it's curious -- its revisionist history that some want to push as fact because it supports their position. It's just wrong.

Is injury?

It's certainly a decent excuse. Not sure how it justifies his contract.

The only way the trade would have been a win for Buffalo is if Shady were built of titanium and played for zero money. Get with the program, Doc. ;)

I like Shady, and I think he's a great player. However, Badol has been very consistent in his opinion of him. He said he'd be on a decline and I haven't seen any proof otherwise.