Kiko vs. Shady

T master

Shady = still nursing a bad hammy.

So injury prone? Or just too much mileage?

Like I said........I was not the least bit surprised that he played with a different level of determination...and subsequently much better.......last week when the ESPN trucks were there early and the focus of the NFL nation was on Pats/Bills.

If he's going to half-step his way thru this year he should just take a month off so we don't have to be fed the hammy excuse for 16 weeks.

Unfortunately, with Fred Jackson gone there isn't another capable rotational back to keep Karlos touches down to 15 so we might be exposed to more 1 ypc afternoons from the $8M veteran presence.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said........I was not the least bit surprised that he played with a different level of determination...and subsequently much better.......last week when the ESPN trucks were there early and the focus of the NFL nation was on Pats/Bills.

If he's going to half-step his way thru this year he should just take a month off so we don't have to be fed the hammy excuse for 16 weeks.

Unfortunately, with Fred Jackson gone there isn't another capable rotational back to keep Karlos touches down to 15 so we might be exposed to more 1 ypc afternoons from the $8M veteran presence.

Two of the biggest concerns I had with McCoy. Although too much mileage and injuries are often hand in hand with a RB. RB's breaks down and decline faster than any other position. High priced, older RB's under years of guaranteed money = bad assets.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Injury prone? Explain how often he's been injured and how many games he's missed? yes, he hurt his hamstring. It's unfortunate but it happens to many players. Just think, we could have kept Kiko and signed Murray.

Injury prone? Explain how often he's been injured and how many games he's missed? yes, he hurt his hamstring. It's unfortunate but it happens to many players. Just think, we could have kept Kiko and signed Murray.

This. And what a CF keeping Kiko and signing Murray would have been.

Injuries aside, it's strange, both teams payed way too much for the RB position, and neither McCoy and Murray are in the right offensive scheme.

How do you figure? Again the hamstring is an issue for Shady. On a wet grass surface, I didn't expect much more than what I saw out of him yesterday. But I agree that maybe they should give him some time off.

The excuse last year was that McCoy was injured.

The excuse this year is that McCoy is injured.

I personally think it's a combination of things, including a comfortable bank account.

I didn't like trading an asset.....a talented young player on a cheap rookie deal and under team control for several years....for a very high mileage RB with a rep for not hitting the hole with authority anymore.

But what blew the deal was extending his contract.

And I don't think they initially anticipated having to re-work his deal......because he was pretty well paid for a RB......but did so to save face after a snap decision to swing the deal.

ALL of McCoy's value was tied to the fact that much of his contract was already paid and the Bills totally negated that value and turned it into a trade for negotiation rights.

As for DeMarco Murray........I don't think ANYONE anticipated the Bills paying a RB in free agency. Just not good policy. Karlos Williams is just another example of how easy backs are to find in the middle of the draft.

The excuse last year was that McCoy was injured.

The excuse this year is that McCoy is injured.

I personally think it's a combination of things, including a comfortable bank account.

I didn't like trading an asset.....a talented young player on a cheap rookie deal and under team control for several years....for a very high mileage RB with a rep for not hitting the hole with authority anymore.

But what blew the deal was extending his contract.

And I don't think they initially anticipated having to re-work his deal......because he was pretty well paid for a RB......but did so to save face after a snap decision to swing the deal.

ALL of McCoy's value was tied to the fact that much of his contract was already paid and the Bills totally negated that value and turned it into a trade for negotiation rights.

As for DeMarco Murray........I don't think ANYONE anticipated the Bills paying a RB in free agency. Just not good policy. Karlos Williams is just another example of how easy backs are to find in the middle of the draft.

Where did you get that? As for your insinuation that he's fat and happy with his contract, he signed a 5-year $45M contract with the Eagles prior to the 2012 season and still was among the best RB's in the NFL.

Where did you get that? As for your insinuation that he's fat and happy with his contract, he signed a 5-year $45M contract with the Eagles prior to the 2012 season and still was among the best RB's in the NFL.

Foot injury nagged him all year.

That and he complained that his legs felt sluggish........which is high mileage-ese for I'm losing a step but I think it's something else.

Edited by #BADOL

He has had a lingering toe injury since last training camp with the eagles. I thought I heard at one point that it flared up again prior to this season.

How many games has he missed due to injury in his career?

That's right, six. Calling him injury prone is just not true. But you keep holding on to your Shady shade. :rolleyes:

Edited by GreggyT

How is this even an issue for discussion anymore? Kiko was really good when he was a rookie. IIRC his sophomore year was quite underwhelming. His season this year is over already. So he's played in 18 NFL games and might not play again.

Shady's a special talent. Let's enjoy him while he's here and we can.

How is this even an issue for discussion anymore? Kiko was really good when he was a rookie. IIRC his sophomore year was quite underwhelming. His season this year is over already. So he's played in 18 NFL games and might not play again.

Shady's a special talent. Let's enjoy him while he's here and we can.

Most, not all, of the people making it an issue in this thread are posters who have a trolling sickness when it comes to the Bills.

How many games has he missed due to injury in his career?

That's right, six. Calling him injury prone is just not true. But you keep holding on to your Shady shade. :rolleyes:

What about just worn down from high mileage?

Not really sure if another 2-3 weeks off will be enough time off for Shady's hammy/toe etc.. He already had a couple weeks off before the opener.

Lol. Good post.