Kiko vs. Shady

T master

F*ck the internet, I was coming to my own protection.

He was not simply agreeing with your post, he agreed with your post, then tossed in that it would be "lost on me."

Didnt see him specifically mention you.....there are a few folks debating this in the thread....and frankly you should not take things so personal. If you cant handle that I dont know what to tell you.

Measuring a five-year contract's impact on a team's ability to make signings after one offseason is both premature and short-sighted. And again, the point is not that the Bills will certainly need that space, the point is that they might, and should keep their options open in case they do.

There are also a lot of variables and information that you have no idea is being discussed within the organization.......and just because their plan does not meet yours doesnt mean they are wrong. And to be perfectly honest that is EXACTLY what happned.....an option came open in Shady McCoy a top 5 NFL running back and they took advantage of it? I would worry about some of this when there is actually some sort of precedent to worry about it....people sad the same thing on the Levitre situaiton.....the Byrd situation........and Whaley has still found a way to make great trades......draft well......and stock plenty of talent onto this roster. There were those that were worried that the Marcel signing would not happen....it did.....can we wait until thee is actually a instance of losing someone we actually miss?

----

I would like to note that I have always enjoyed your posts and like you quite a bit. This is one of my first TBD arguments and I apologize if I got a little carried away.

Not quite. It was more that you could pull your "it's not my money and stop complaining about them trying to improve the team" defense on every single overpriced garbage FA contract ever. Albert came to mind. Suh looks to be going that way. If some fan said "Suh is a non-factor, it was a bad move to give him half of South Beach for him to free-lance and suck" you could come right back with, "it's not my money and stop complaining about them trying to improve the team."

That's why you'd be great. You can't lose. They're trying and you aren't bankrolling them.

I dont know that the Suh transaction was worthless yet....its only been 3 games.

I honestly dont know why Miami is not better then they are....they have talent......they did spend money.....I wonder if it was simply keeping the coach and not trying to improve.

The redskins? Well now they are on that side of the spectrum where they cant seem to draft worth a crap and keep trying to buy a team. I dont quite put the bills in that catagory because it seems we are trying to sign our own homegrown talent and draft well....then pick certain specific spots to upgrade the team via high priced free agent namely RB and TE.

Honestly...until I actually see a downside in it happen......I cant complain about the downside.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it could be argued that Harvin has been a bigger factor for the Bills this year than McCoy. I wouldn't call him "not seeing" his contract, nothing.

I think they're both contributing. And what I meant by "he won't see" the $9M base salary means they'll either cut him, or restructure him so that his base salary, and cap hit, are much lower. That deal was a tryout deal and if he continues to produce and be a model citizen, they'll approach him about an extension.