Fumbles fumbles fumbles; Pats* Truth revealing itself

I assume he was referring to fumbles lost. Last year's total was 4. They've lost 2 in 2 games. Fumbles were supposedly the main reason the *Pats wanted the balls deflated. If this trend continues, it does certainly provide anectodatal data supporting this theory.

There are currently 4 teams with no fumbles.......has ball deflation become a trend? A fad? A trending fad?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are currently 4 teams with no fumbles.......has ball deflation become a trend? A fad? A trending fad?

Ok Pats* fan. Ok.

Let's see how the season turns out. But so far, after 2 weeks, it's not looking good for deflategate.

well, 3 isnt half of 13..... but still.

Fumbles lost. 4 last year. 2 this year.

I didn't think bills fans would be nit picking me. Not bills fans...

Ok then.

I assume he was referring to fumbles lost. Last year's total was 4. They've lost 2 in 2 games. Fumbles were supposedly the main reason the *Pats wanted the balls deflated. If this trend continues, it does certainly provide anectodatal data supporting this theory.

it was clear thats what he meant, but under the theory that recoveries are a pretty random event, and the real issue to watch is them simply coming out in the first place..... its a big difference.

Ok Pats* fan. Ok.

Let's see how the season turns out. But so far, after 2 weeks, it's not looking good for deflategate.

Ok then.

So is your theory that deflated fumbled footballs are easier for the offense to recover?

When Deflategate was in full swing I looked at team fumbles by the Pats versus the average team fumbles. I'm not doing it again, so this is from memory: Over eight seasons they were the best or nearly the best at not fumbling seven times. If they had fumbled at the average league rate over those eight years they'd have lost eight more fumbles per year over that span. (And yes, I figured that by total fumble differential times average lost fumble rate.) Eight additional turnovers by a team over the course of a year would equate to an average of about two more losses per season. That was figured by looking at win percentage as a function of turnover differential.

So, yeah, two additional wins a year just by not fumbling as much. Over 8 years. That's stealing a whole season of wins.

Last year the pats* fumbled 13 times, but only lost 4. An entire season

This year the pats* have fumbled 3 times, and lost 2. In 2 weeks!

On pace for an average season of 24 fumbles with 16 lost.

What excuse will the pats* have?

Yup. lost in the disinformation about passing was ball grip / control.

softer ball easier to control. I wondered this weeks ago when the control of game balls changed. So far mine and others theories seem to have merit.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Last year the pats* fumbled 13 times, but only lost 4. An entire season

This year the pats* have fumbled 3 times, and lost 2. In 2 weeks!

On pace for an average season of 24 fumbles with 16 lost.

What excuse will the pats* have?

If they were ever put to an explanation, it would go about as well as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNQwL1F7o-I

I certainly have no desire to offer up an excuse for those guys, but one guy can skew a season. Hasn't the same guy fumbled twice?

Is the third fumble the brady strip sack? If so, besides having less than 2 PSI in the ball and a hand full of stick'um (ala Orlando Jones in The Replacements), i don't think there was any stopping that fumble!

On dozens of occasion, I've seen him hold onto that ball 9 times outta 10 for the last ten years.

Ok Pats* fan. Ok.

Ok then.

Yes, you got me. I joined this board in 2002 knowing that someday, as a secret Pats fan who was born at Millard Fillmore Hospital, I could defend the Pats fumbling insignificantly on a fan message board. Dammit, the jig is up (and gone)!

Yes, you got me. I joined this board in 2002 knowing that someday, as a secret Pats fan who was born at Millard Fillmore Hospital, I could defend the Pats fumbling insignificantly on a fan message board. Dammit, the jig is up (and gone)!

Dont know when you became a pats fan. Good for you though.

The balls are regulation sized now and it's hard for the Pats* to hold onto anything within the rules. :thumbsup:

This