Fumbles fumbles fumbles; Pats* Truth revealing itself

Quote from the study cited earlier:

Based on the assumption that plays per fumble follow a normal distribution, you’d expect to see, according to random fluctuation, the results that the Patriots have gotten since 2007 once in 5,842 instances.

When the league allowed everybody to use their own footballs, the Pats rate of fumbles was statistically improbable....odds being 5842 to 1 against their accomplishment. They cheated.

Now that we're on an even playing field (officiating notwithstanding), the Pats have to rely on their talent and coaching to win games. With Brady in charge, they will win nearly every game. He's unreal.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird...Welker fumbled at the highest rates in his career with the Patriots. No fumbles as a WR for Denver or Miami. Weird that it doesn't support your so well thought out conclusions that the PSI makes it nearly impossible to fumble. I mean by your logic, Welker should have fumbled at least a half dozen times in Denver yet never did.

Or maybe, the kid who has 3 fumbles in his first 72 carries and is small to begin with just isn't very good at holding onto the football?

This has nothing to do with defending the pats...its facing reality or trying to paint an over the top story in the name of sensationalism and slander. I hate the Pats, but I still prefer to swim in the waters of reality versus mythical wishes.

Did you say Wes Welker fumbled less in NE over his career?

Love your analysis by comparing 3 seasons against 6 seasons against 1 1/2 season. Though the Denver season was pretty good with avg 30 to 50 less passes thrown to in 2013.

http://www.nfl.com/player/weswelker/2505790/profile

What is that say with Miami in 3 seasons??? My eyes are a bit blurry I think those numbers are as follows:

2004 - 2006 add up to 12 = 4 per season

2007 - 2012 add up to 11 = 2.2 per season

2013 - 2014 add up to 1.

Total 24

so in actuality his fumbles DROPPED significantly in NE* compared to Miami

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever